Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

12 minutes ago, Conn said:

They may need to wait and see if he stays out of trouble this offseason, he’s done some stupid **** in the past and is still in the middle of those legal proceedings right? Needs to prove he’s grown up and has his focus on being great. 

I forgot all about that. 

Quinn on with Sheehan and I made a few notes -

• Always looking ways to improve your roster, all positions although he wasn't going to get specific when asked the question about QB
  • Asked about strength of roster, he mentioned DT's on defense, exposive players on offense (WR's and RB's) and slipped up on a special teams mentioning "Reavo" (Reaves)
  • Said they are currently getting deep in to roster evals/profile
  • Said he spent a lot of time with previous coaches to get their input on roster and other things
  • Said one thing he did with interviewing new coaches was talked about things they learned from failing
  • Sheehan thinks they'll be able to upgrade this team faster than people think.  Quinn used getting connected, tighter to overcome small margins when asked about the "recalibrate" used last week
  • My impression - Quinn isn't going to sling a bunch of crap at the previous coaching regime.  It's not his style and he's been cautious not to do it

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 7
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

It would be dumb to throw money at someone sitting in a jail cell.

Jamin is just a guy u gotta roll the dice with.

No 5th year option, If he bails out he bails out. Try to sign him during the season or after it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, woodpecker said:

Understand that they’ve had bigger fish to fry lately, but I wonder if the owners will say something about a name change now that the hiring of coaches is complete. Since theoretically they will not be meddling in the coaching/GM decisions, there should be plenty of time to at least address the issue and let people know where they stand. Will be interesting to see if they do, because I am getting the feeling that they’re hoping to ignore it until it goes away. 

John Keim has stated a few times that he believes the name is going to change.  But he's been adamant that it isn't at the top of the list of things to do because there's so much foundational work to be done.  He said he would think the name will be addressed within the next year or so.  That's not a guarantee from him, but it is a definite change in opinion on his part.  I think that at least carries weight.  

I do know that Rales hates the name and Magic is definitely not a fan.  I would be surprised if the name stays.  Not shocked if it sticks, but surprised if it did.  This ownership group is plugged into the pulse of the fanbase, and they know - and it's patently obvious - that the majority of this fanbase has a serious negative outlook on the name that goes much deeper than simply not liking it because we've been losing with it.  

Some people posit that the outlook on the name will change if we win a SB.  I disagree with that for the majority of the fans that hate it.  The reasons behind the hate for the name in this case run much, much deeper than a typical club changing their name and the fans not liking it initially because it's "new".  In our case, it's a bad name that doesn't work on any level and it is repeatedly made fun of in the media.  To add to that, the genesis behind the choice of the name is deplorable, and was another lie and slap in the face to the fanbase by a despicable human being. That will always be associated with the name, and no amount of winning can erase it.

I've said plenty of times that we could go on a Chiefs/Patriots run and I'll never ever purchase one item of "Commanders" gear.  Zip.  (That's just me, and I certainly don't begrudge anyone who purchases gear.)  Give the fans a legitimate say in the name, and all will be well.  Even though you can't reach a universal consensus on any name, if the process is truly just, all will be fine in the long run.  

Edited by Redwards
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

• Asked about strength of roster, he mentioned DT's on defense, exposive players on offense (WR's and RB's) and slipped up on a special teams mentioning "Reavo" (Reaves)

Thanks for the summary!  Just to let Dan off the hook, Reavo isn't a slip up, that's his nickname., as an example:

"Reavo is the best," Howell said of his fellow first-year captain. "He's so much fun to be around (and) just a great guy to have in the locker room. A great teammate...always does the right thing and it's so cool to be around a team that has a lot of young guys that are not only good players but good leaders and good teammates."

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Bifflog said:

Thanks for the summary!  Just to let Dan off the hook, Reavo isn't a slip up, that's his nickname., as an example:

"Reavo is the best," Howell said of his fellow first-year captain. "He's so much fun to be around (and) just a great guy to have in the locker room. A great teammate...always does the right thing and it's so cool to be around a team that has a lot of young guys that are not only good players but good leaders and good teammates."

Yup, I knew that.  Just stating that's how he addressed the question and wasn't mentioning names until then.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Redwards said:

John Keim has stated a few times that he believes the name is going to change.  But he's been adamant that it isn't at the top of the list of things to do because there's so much foundational work to be done.  He said he would think the name will be addressed within the next year or so.  That's not a guarantee from him, but it is a definite change in opinion on his part.  I think that at least carries weight.  

Alright then,

continuing the Nuclear option it is.

047513a8-475f-46a4-8ed8-f98114dcd865_text.gif.37fdb1c5fda8434e2c0650a33cf7fb9e.gif

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, skinsfan66 said:

He is the Vet QB/ Coach on the team we need, no need to run out and sign a Fields is what I feel from the hire.

We got Ben Johnson in the form of our new Asst. QB coach.  :)  

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

Yup, I knew that.  Just stating that's how he addressed the question and wasn't mentioning names until then.

It's also interesting as I think he's a free agent. Really hope they bring him back. That video of Rivera telling him about his Pro Bowl was one of the nicest things I've seen from this team in the last four years.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I agree. We need to extend him before the season starts, because he's finally going to be used correctly and I'd be shocked if he's not a double digit sack guy.

I think we need to wait and see what happens with his legal troubles first.  Unless I missed something, he’s got a criminal and now a civil case pending with potential jail time. 

I agree with you otherwise….

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think we need to wait and see what happens with his legal troubles first.  Unless I missed something, he’s got a criminal and now a civil case pending with potential jail time. 

I agree with you otherwise….

Yeah, I forgot about that stuff.

• Like 1

The sky is falling!  Lol

Cowherd loves the Quinn and Kingsbury hire, cap amount and draft picks.  Thinks Eagles and Cowboys regress plus too much drama in those teams.

EDIT - he's also heard in NFL circles (GM's) that Drake Maye is higher on boards than people outside think.

20240216_132633.thumb.jpg.0a8b498101e39b0bc6cb024ed042bf04.jpg

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 2
  • Haha 8

Just now, HigSkin said:

The sky is falling!  Lol

Cowherd loves the Quinn and Kingsbury hire, cap amount and draft picks.  Thinks Eagles and Cowboys regress plus too much drama in those teams.

20240216_132633.thumb.jpg.0a8b498101e39b0bc6cb024ed042bf04.jpg

Hell hath frozen over.  Wasnt he the one who called ST21 a gangster and basically implied that he deserved wht he got

• Haha 3

Without reading through the past 50 pages of this thread, who is Sarah Hogan and what the hell is a "Coaching Chief of Staff?" Is this some sort of publicity stunt by the team to appease to remnants of Dan's anti-female/sexist reign, like when they stuck Donaldson in the radio booth?

• Confused 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1