Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

4 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

Thats interesting - wonder if that signals that Kingsbury is thinking of doing something different offensively than he has before. He ran the ball quite a bit with the Cardinals - but from spread and the numbers were inflated by having Murray run it quite a bit (though he ran it less the last couple of seasons they were together). But air raid is normally 4 or 5 eligible and blocking with your 5 O'line. Running tends to be inside zone or Gap. Not much outside zone. 

Meanwhile 49ers were in 2 backs and 2 receivers more than any team in football and ran a ton of outside zone. 

Someone is adjusting here. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, MartinC said:

Thats interesting - wonder if that signals that Kingsbury is thinking of doing something different offensively than he has before. He ran the ball quite a bit with the Cardinals - but from spread and the numbers were inflated by having Murray run it quite a bit (though he ran it less the last couple of seasons they were together). But air raid is normally 4 or 5 eligible and blocking with your 5 O'line. Running tends to be inside zone or Gap. Not much outside zone. 

Meanwhile 49ers were in 2 backs and 2 receivers more than any team in football and ran a ton of outside zone. 

Someone is adjusting here. 

Those adjustments could spell great times ahead for this team.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

I feel like moving back to DC will completely remove this jinx that's been on us for decades now. I'm a Virginia boy, but my beloved Washington Commanders belong in DC

That jinx wasn't a location, it was a man.  He's long gone now.   🙂

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

If I'm a veteran Commander and I'm looking at all these new coaching hires and their pedigrees I'm thinking...

"The club med days are done. These guys mean business. They sure ain't coming here to lose.

To hell with the off season, I'm hitting the gym first thing tomorrow..."

<Checks twitter and learns that Schefter announced Anthony Lynn hired by Commanders.>

"There is no tomorrow! I'm getting my fat ass to the gym right now."

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

If I'm a veteran Commander and I'm looking at all these new coaching hires and their pedigrees I'm thinking...

"The club med days are done. These guys mean business. They sure ain't coming here to lose.

To hell with the off season, I'm hitting the gym first thing tomorrow..."

<Checks twitter and learns that Schefter announced Anthony Lynn hired by Commanders.>

"There is no tomorrow! I'm getting my ass to the gym right now."

I hope every player on the roster is thinking exactly as you are.

• Thumb up 3

Love the Lynn hire but i wonder why the niners let him walk for what appears to be a lateral move at best.

The cowboys blocked us with harris, I wonder why the niners didn't do the same with Lynn?

I know our staff is very cozy with their staff but this is dog eat dog here I can't imagine they were trying to do us a favor.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Love the Lynn hire but i wonder why the niners let him walk for what appears to be a lateral move at best.

The cowboys blocked us with harris, I wonder why the niners didn't do the same with Lynn?

I know our staff is very cozy with their staff but this is dog eat dog here I can't imagine they were trying to do us a favor.

Redskinss said:

We need to get to a place as fans where our default thought process isn't always-- trying to figure out how this good thing that's happening to us is really a bad thing in disguise.

I say "we" because I find myself having to fight not doing the exact same thing.

We need to trust that good things will happen to us.

There is power in thought.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, redskinss said:

There might be a younger guy that Kyle wants to give a shot to and Lynn can probably boost his chances at a HC job if he can develop a run game outside of Kyle's wing of influence.

I am still a bit concerned about the offensive side of the ball.

We are putting a decent staff together but they all have different backgrounds schematically. Getting everyone aligned and making sure the pass game and run game are synched together is going to be key (thats what the 49ers do so well as an example).

I'm also not a huge fan of pure progression reads which is something Kingsbury has done previously but to be fair we don't know yet what he's going to adjust from what he might have done before. You'd hope that as a coach he has learned and developed. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I am guessing it's the relationship with Quinn and Lynn, and Adam Peters too. Lynn probably wanted to go.

Stop and read that last sentence again.

Lynn probably wanted to come. People want to be here now. Good people. Ben Johnson's shriveled raisin of a scrotum aside, Quinn said he wanted this position before it was available. Peters wanted to come here, and here alone. These aren't Jim Zorn hires. These aren't Ron Rivera's give-him-the-world to come here hires. These aren't last-gaspers. These aren't Jay Gruden. These are legitimate hires. Now, it could very well burn down, fall over, and then sink into the swamp, but I am ****ing excited about the whole process. 

Now, please excuse me while I call the doctor. It's been WAY longer than 4 hours.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

There might be a younger guy that Kyle wants to give a shot to and Lynn can probably boost his chances at a HC job if he can develop a run game outside of Kyle's wing of influence.

Kyle doesn’t hire all these stud coaches by blocking them when they want other opportunities. The Cowboys blocking coaches from interviewing here will hurt them as they build out their next staff

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Redskinss said:

We need to get to a place as fans where our default thought process isn't always-- trying to figure out how this good thing that's happening to us is really a bad thing in disguise.

I say "we" because I find myself having to fight not doing the exact same thing.

We need to trust that good things will happen to us.

There is power in thought.

It's not that I don't think your thought has merit, it certainly does but I don't believe that's where my brain was going with this.

I literally am just curious why they let him walk for a lateral move, I don't believe I'm seeking out the negative but it could be unconscious I guess.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, method man said:

Kyle doesn’t hire all these stud coaches by blocking them when they want other opportunities. The Cowboys blocking coaches from interviewing here will hurt them as they build out their next staff

Yeah coaching is a tight fraternity and most guys will want to encourage their assistants to reach out if it means growing their career. The exception is high quality coordinators since they are sooo instrumental to team success(which is why it was such a red flag that Reid just let us have Bienemy last year).

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I am still a bit concerned about the offensive side of the ball.

We are putting a decent staff together but they all have different backgrounds schematically.

This is why I like it. I think this is going to be very different from what we all think.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, redskinss said:

It's not that I don't think your thought has merit, it certainly does but I don't believe that's where my brain was going with this.

I literally am just curious why they let him walk for a lateral move, I don't believe I'm seeking out the negative but it could be unconscious I guess.

Fair enough. 👍

2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

This is why I like it. I think this is going to be very different from what we all think.

Its fair to say we are making a lot of assumptions about Kingsbury. But all we can go on is what he has run in the past at this point.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, method man said:

This to me seems like the most logical conclusion. 

Awesome to be the place where valued assistants want to leave a great situation to come be a part of a rebuild, uh um excuse me a recalibration. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, actorguy1 said:

Super hire for Commanders!!!  I only hope he will give us a couple years because something tells me he wants to become HC again and I get that!  :)  

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Sheehan show just now: Standig just announced press conference tmrw with Joe Whitt Jr and Kingsburry.

I'm really looking forward to this press conference. I especially want to hear what Kingsbury has to say. Hopefully he eases some of our concerns.

• Like 3

Just now, RWJ said:

Super hire for Commanders!!!  I only hope he will give us a couple years because something tells me he wants to become HC again and I get that!  :)  

Those days are probably done for him. He is also done as a OC after stinking it up in Detroit