Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The thing is when was the last time we had a good defensive staff?  Has to be under Gibbs.  It was decent under Zorn with Blache but not as good.  But after that its been downhill.

The offense has come together nicely so far too.  Questions on Pritchard but he's got a great mentor in Johnson and then Kliff but more so Johnson, IMO.  

The Pats forum actually have a thread dedicated to bringing back Popovich

bring-back-cole-popovich.1162307

He’s currently an ***istant OL coach with the Texans. He did wonders at Troy. And before that he was great here working in tandem with Bricillo now with the Raiders. (Popovich was clearly the better of the two.)

No crying about recently retired GOAT Dante.

Bring Popovich back to be the OL coach. Period. Enough with the putrid play by this group.

Mystery illness guys Anderson and million dollar Klemm need to go. Never saw this **** before in the nfl. What’s changed?

15 hours ago, RWJ said:

The offense has come together nicely so far too.  Questions on Pritchard but he's got a great mentor in Johnson and then Kliff but more so Johnson, IMO.  

Pritchard was arguably the only one mentioned last summer by Keim among others as the up and comer on this staff.

When the New England Patriots hit the fields for their first training camp practice on Wednesday, Cole Popovich will be nowhere to be found. The team’s co-offensive line coach last season, Popovich has left the club in a departure reportedly tied to the NFL’s guidelines about Coronavirus vaccination.

With him gone, Carmen Bricillo will take over coaching the Patriots’ O-line this season. Bill Belichick confirmed the change during a media conference call on Tuesday, and in the process of doing so set the tone for his club’s public handling of the Popovich situation.

It is what it is.

“From a staff standpoint, Carm will be coaching the offensive line. These are all things that play off the protocols from the league and so forth, so I’m not going to get into that any further. It is what it is,” Belichick said.

“From this point on, I’m focused on football and trying to get our team ready to go. Trying to get our staff ready to go, including myself. We all have a long, long way to go.”

Popovich spent the last six seasons in New England. He worked as a coaching assistant early on and later served as assistant running backs coach under Ivan Fears. Last year, with long-time assistant coach Dante Scarnecchia announcing his retirement, Popovich and Bricillo took over coaching the offensive line.

https://www.patspulpit.com/2021/7/28/22597491/patriots-cole-popovich-departure-covid-19-andrews-belichick-statements

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

Just now, ThatNFLChick said:

Of all 3, I am thrilled with the hiring of Johnson.  He's the backbone of this offense.  Kilff is supposed to be analyzer/designer of brilliant O plays and that's cool and a QB developer.  That is much needed but Johnson is the one who can call a great game and develop the QBs too. I hope that Kliff digest Johnson's mindset into this scheme and I hope Johnson hangs around for several years.  t think he got the shaft, IMO and took the heat for Sirianni's quick fall in Philly.  

16 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The thing is when was the last time we had a good defensive staff?  Has to be under Gibbs.  It was decent under Zorn with Blache but not as good.  But after that its been downhill.

Yes sir. The defense will make mistakes learning Quinn this year. But what about the year after? And the year after that? We need to have patience. After 25 years of utter garbage suck. We are about to have a complete change. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The Pats forum actually have a thread dedicated to bringing back Popovich

bring-back-cole-popovich.1162307

He’s currently an ***istant OL coach with the Texans. He did wonders at Troy. And before that he was great here working in tandem with Bricillo now with the Raiders. (Popovich was clearly the better of the two.)

No crying about recently retired GOAT Dante.

Bring Popovich back to be the OL coach. Period. Enough with the putrid play by this group.

Mystery illness guys Anderson and million dollar Klemm need to go. Never saw this **** before in the nfl. What’s changed?

Maybe Pureblood Popovich is FAR less likely to have such a debilitating ailment. Hint, hint.

***istant Billy Yates? Not very good, is he?

•  

Pritchard was arguably the only one mentioned last summer by Keim among others as the up and comer on this staff.

When the New England Patriots hit the fields for their first training camp practice on Wednesday, Cole Popovich will be nowhere to be found. The team’s co-offensive line coach last season, Popovich has left the club in a departure reportedly tied to the NFL’s guidelines about Coronavirus vaccination.

With him gone, Carmen Bricillo will take over coaching the Patriots’ O-line this season. Bill Belichick confirmed the change during a media conference call on Tuesday, and in the process of doing so set the tone for his club’s public handling of the Popovich situation.

It is what it is.

“From a staff standpoint, Carm will be coaching the offensive line. These are all things that play off the protocols from the league and so forth, so I’m not going to get into that any further. It is what it is,” Belichick said.

“From this point on, I’m focused on football and trying to get our team ready to go. Trying to get our staff ready to go, including myself. We all have a long, long way to go.”

Popovich spent the last six seasons in New England. He worked as a coaching assistant early on and later served as assistant running backs coach under Ivan Fears. Last year, with long-time assistant coach Dante Scarnecchia announcing his retirement, Popovich and Bricillo took over coaching the offensive line.

https://www.patspulpit.com/2021/7/28/22597491/patriots-cole-popovich-departure-covid-19-andrews-belichick-statements

My bad, SIP.  Thank you for the information on Pritchard and looks like Quinn struck gold again with the hopeful Popovich hire as OL coach.  :)  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

He also didn't have the luxury of standing in the pocket very long before getting clobbered

This take is overblown imo. The OL was middle of the pack this year in all metrics. It wasnt good. But it wasnt bottom of the basement horrid either. They allowed 2 sacks the last 4 games of the season. And Sam still threw bad balls. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Thanks, ThatNFLChick!  Much appreciated as well.  :)  Again, Quinn nailing some hires.  I think as time has gone on we can say we can see good things are finally coming this team's way.  :)  Yes?  

• Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Initially, I read this as Parsons told the Make a Wish kids, "Life is so much bigger than you".

I was thinking, "damn man. Go easy on the kids, they have it hard enough".

• Haha 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Anyone heard anything about Randy Jordan, the RB coach?

Good news that Pritch will remain, that signals they are playing it straight with the holdovers. I assume Jordan will be given the same opportunity to interview, but I havent heard squat about his potential return...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

This take is overblown imo. The OL was middle of the pack this year in all metrics. It wasnt good. But it wasnt bottom of the basement horrid either. They allowed 2 sacks the last 4 games of the season. And Sam still threw bad balls. 

The OL has its issue no doubt but Howell went into the Ramsey Syndrome.  Most fans know what I mean.  Again, I hope between Kliff, Johnson and Pritchard they can help him regain his form and confidence.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

12 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

By the end of the season, Howell had Battered QB Syndrome. I think his confidence was shot.

Edited by RVAskins
  • Thumb up 1

Good listen if you get a chance. 

One big take-away, Quinn said guys are calling wanting to come here.  Fans would be proud to know what was going on behind closed doors.  It was in relation to a question asked by Russell about filling out the coach staff.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I listen to Mark Bullock on the Galdi podcast.  

Interestingly, I often enjoy his analysis but question his conclusions.

He’s not entirely wrong, the concern is more of the coaches all have to learn the offense before they can teach it to the players.  

But I think it’s going to be ok. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

By the end of the season, Howell had Battered QB Syndrome. I think his confidence was shot.

sam always threw into some tight windows. I dont know if his confidence was rattled more than his luck might have run out a little.

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He’s not entirely wrong, the concern is more of the coaches all have to learn the offense before they can teach it to the players.

Agree. But the one binding force of all of these coachies is Quinn. And they are lining up to be on his staff. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It'd be pretty cool if they'd hired any coach that didn't come from ****in' Dallas. I don't give a **** about Ben Johnson or Steve Penis, but come on. Steal coaches from anyone outside of the division.

I guess we'll see. I'm halfway disinterested outside of a rebrand, anyway. Red Stronk Independent Minority Lesbians has a nice ring to it.

I'll take Kingsbury over Turner/Bienemyyyyi? but that's a low ****in' bar.

All the fluff about Jimmy Peters or whoever is overblown, too. "He stares like he values other peoples' opinions and has a burning fire for success".  Okay, ES.....he's a case of Coors Lite from Vinny/McGlowingshoe/Bruce Shinyteeth like all the others.

This doesn't seem much different from the last 25 years to me, but whatever. I hate this franchise as much as I ever loved it.

Cheers? :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3