Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

13 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

He's canned, they'll probably update the website to reflect the current hires by Wednesday. 

Agree, I dont see any way EB stays on. His players cant stand him and have been dropping shade on him on X ever since the Kingsbury hire. 

• Like 3

Looks like Jason Wright is asleep at the wheel again...

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/commanders-are-working-through-eric-bieniemys-status

On X, the team has announced that Kingsbury has been hired to be the offensive coordinator. On the team’s website, Bieniemy is the offensive coordinator.

So the Commanders have two offensive coordinators.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Looks like Jason Wright is asleep at the wheel again...

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/commanders-are-working-through-eric-bieniemys-status

On X, the team has announced that Kingsbury has been hired to be the offensive coordinator. On the team’s website, Bieniemy is the offensive coordinator.

So the Commanders have two offensive coordinators.

That's a tough demotion for Wright, if he's now in charge of updating their web site.  In my field, we just got teens now doing web site updates for peanuts.

Could also be you don't add them until they actually officially sign the contract which almost never coincides with the moment of the accouncement. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 9

4 minutes ago, profusion said:

Morris and Quinn seem like comparable candidates in this hiring cycle, and it'll be interesting to see how their tenures compare over the next few years. Morris starts with a better roster (apart from QB).

That is such an insult to Quinn. Quinn has had top defenses everywhere he has been and developed numerous players. Morris, while likable, hasn’t accomplished anything other than than taking the number 1 defense in the NFL to number 17 and winning the Super Bowl where Matthew Stafford heroics overcame what the D gave up. 

I didn’t like the process going sideways and how we ended up with Quinn but Quinn is so superior to Morris. He’s a legitimate football coach. I don’t think Morris is. Regardless, Quinn is the man now and I’m behind it and will give the guy full support and a chance. If we hit on the QB, this is going to be a fun ride. 

I can't get excited for this ****, I'm sorry.  Been here too many times before...and I know, I know, I know, this isn't a Snyder hire.  

I just keep seeing the dude who blew a 28-3 lead to Tom Brady and the Patriots...just with another stooge at his side.  I sure hope Kliff'em All is the QB whisperer who everyone says he is, lord knows we're about 35 years overdue in needing one.

I don't even know who the defensive coordinator is, I saw the alert come in on my phone that we hired someone who I'm sure will be making us pine for the Joe Berry days come early November.  

I just can't do it.  I'd love to hear why I should think we're turning a corner and why we're in a good spot outside of having the #2 pick.  if "SPIFF, DRAFT PICKS!!!" is all you have to be excited about, don't @ me. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

If we were a year or two along into the process, I could see a convincing argument for trading up for a Caleb Williams type. But in year one of a rebuild I'm just not sure Peters wants to be spending multiple picks on one player (despite how special he could be and with other viable QB options at #2). So I still don't think it happens but with Kliff the possibility window had opened a bit more. 

We know from GMAP's PC and it was reiterated by Keim in his most recent podcast that the team is committed to "building through the draft," which to me suggests wanting to keep picks and/or accrue more. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I can't get excited for this ****, I'm sorry.  Been here too many times before...and I know, I know, I know, this isn't a Snyder hire.  

I just keep seeing the dude who blew a 28-3 lead to Tom Brady and the Patriots...just with another stooge at his side.  I sure hope Kliff'em All is the QB whisperer who everyone says he is, lord knows we're about 35 years overdue in needing one.

I don't even know who the defensive coordinator is, I saw the alert come in on my phone that we hired someone who I'm sure will be making us pine for the Joe Berry days come early November.  

I just can't do it.  I'd love to hear why I should think we're turning a corner and why we're in a good spot outside of having the #2 pick.  if "SPIFF, DRAFT PICKS!!!" is all you have to be excited about, don't @ me. 

Spaceman Spiff coming out firing!

image.png.360f3c60253277820033e628121bf44e.png

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Stephen A Smith get out of this body ! ;)

• Haha 5

13 minutes ago, sinews said:

Can someone briefly sum up the Jason Wright situation for me, who was too busy to follow the team whenever it happened? 

Was Wright forced on Snyder for the latter's transgressions or did the league mandate that he do the hiring and Wright was Dan's "token" candidate (I don't mean to disparage Wright here but we all know how Snyder operated). 

Wright was basically forced on the team by the NFL in August 2020 after all the bad publicity over the 'R' name the previous month.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That's a tough demotion for Wright, if he's now in charge of updating their web site.  In my field, we just got teens now doing web site updates for peanuts.

From Offensive Coordinator to Junior Web Developer in 2 months. How the mighty have fallen.

Hope Bienemy can at least learn HTML.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Schefter reporting that Commanders reached out to Mike MacDonald (who I told you all they should have hired and not even wasted time on Ben Johnson) while he was on his flight to Seattle to see if he was still interested. 

Of all the words put to paper by pen...something something, Ghost was right again.

6 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

That is such an insult to Quinn. Quinn has had top defenses everywhere he has been and developed numerous players. Morris, while likable, hasn’t accomplished anything other than than taking the number 1 defense in the NFL to number 17 and winning the Super Bowl where Matthew Stafford heroics overcame what the D gave up. 

I didn’t like the process going sideways and how we ended up with Quinn but Quinn is so superior to Morris. He’s a legitimate football coach. I don’t think Morris is. Regardless, Quinn is the man now and I’m behind it and will give the guy full support and a chance. If we hit on the QB, this is going to be a fun ride. 

I did say "comparable", not "the same". They're both experienced head coaches and widely lauded as leaders. Their resumes were the most comparable in this hiring cycle, from my perspective. I agree with you that I think we got the better guy, but I don't have quite as strong an opinion of it as you do. 

My larger point is that Morris was the one credible "off-ramp" the Commanders had to go in a different direction than they did. I don't know if you got that out of my post.

29 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Seeing Wright in this video being the second guy to welcome the new Head Coach made me ill.

Something about that guy I can't stand. He is a "yes" man and would toss you under a bus to save his job.  I can't believe they haven't figured him out yet. 

• Like 3

I was crushed that we signed a defensive head coach. And I like Dan Quinn. Was just worried about what was going to happen on the offensive side of the ball with a young QB. I feel much relieved now. Kingsbury is great with young QB's. And he most likely isnt gonna get poached anytime in the next couple of years at least. Quinn has been known for assembling very good staffs in his career. And I think he is doing it again here. 

4 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I don't understand why we are keeping around all these guys, Should of cleaned house after the season, why have two GMs? And why are we still dealing with Eric. Day one should of been to clean house and let them get another job or sit at home.