Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Just now, DWinzit said:

I don't want a trade up to #1 but my gut is that Kingsbury is going to identify one QB he likes more than the others and we move up to get him.

Understanding that all teams play the draft game close to the vest but I wonder if we will be talking to Chicago to see what their intentions are? Seems this front office is already well respected and other teams will be more open about their intention is in this case. If Chicago is hell bent on one of the top three they may make their position clear before the draft. Snyder and co burned way too many bridges to ever get that kind of trust/cooperation from other teams.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DWinzit said:

I don't want a trade up to #1 but my gut is that Kingsbury is going to identify one QB he likes more than the others and we move up to get him.

Listening to Keim's podcast today.  It felt like some strong smoke about Drake Maye as the fit.    Which is good with me.  I am a Maye at #2 type of guy.  Regardless, I want what they want.  But when I hear Schrager who is close with Klingsbury pump up Maye and Daniels as exciting prospects at QB.  And hearing Keim connect Klingsbury to Longo and their offenses being almost the same and Longo being excited about the hire -- I'd guess Maye has as much as a shot as Caleb and Daniels.

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I watched an interview with Peter King said he interviewed Klingsbury once and he told King the run game is the key to the offense so it is a position he values.

I hope so cause I don’t remember what a 100yd rusher looks like … not since 22’…. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Also, Johnson complaining about the "basketball guys"? They were in their for 1 hour of the 4 hours he interviewed. 

My guess is that this is Ben Johnson's agent throwing some b.s. out there.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, klwilkins1977 said:

I think it's a mistake for yall to look past Howell like he did NOTHING positive on the field last year.

He put a some negatives on tape last year... BUT he had some great games too.  There is some there, THERE. There is a helluva lot of meat left on the bone. We all know EB did him 0 favors with that pass-happy offense.  What is Howell with a more balanced offense?  What is Howell with some pass catching TEs?  What is Howell with schemes that actually get WRs open?

Howell has holes in his game... namely holding the ball too long.  Remember he played in a so-called version of an Air Raid in college too. He flourished in that offense.  Why wouldn't the new regime at least kick the tires and see if there's some tread left?  He's only played 1 season. 

With all of the questions surrounding the top QB guys, why not roll it back with a guy who already has the locker room's respect and give him a chance with a cogent offensive staff, and use that #2 for a Tackle, or trade back for more picks?  

It's not sexy, but Howell has earned, imo, the opportunity to be given the benefit of the doubt. Being thrown to wolves, so to speak, has either primed him for greater success or... he's shell-shocked and done. I'm betting on the former.

Stop discounting Howell. It's not so far-fetched that DQ and KK will find enough to run it back... especially with the upgraded playbook and personnel coming.

If Sam is still on the roster, he will be third string at best.

We are drafting a qb. We will sign an older vet qb.

We aren’t running back with Sam.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Schrager who I gather is friends with Klingsbury talking about it just now, more or less saying don't count per se on this means a trade up for Caleb, he doesn't rule it out but mentions the appeal of Maye-Daniels who he says are great prospects -- to quote him "awesome prospects"  better than any prospect in last year's draft and the year before that.   I gather if Schrager is excited about them Klingsbury might be.  It's clear that they talked.  Schrager was the one who broke the story.

He also said Klingsbury bailed on the Raiders not for financial reasons.  Likes the fit in Washington. He knows Peters and Quinn very well.

Much better position in Washington for a QB than it is with the Raiders.  So I am gather if Schrager is saying it, Klingsbury might be thining the same.

Rewatching it, it didn't really play down the idea that they could trade up for Caleb but the Bears have to be willing to do it and Maye and Daniels are exciting prospects, too.

Better than Stroud last year? All 3 are better prospects. Just opinions, if they turn out better than Stroud I will be amazed? If they do not it means he missed on Stroud, right and his opinion was wrong? The only opinions that count are the ones the new staff make, Just like HC I am going to wait and see and hope they are right no matter who they draft. 

14 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

I hope so cause I don’t remember what a 100yd rusher looks like … not since 22’…. 

If we follow the Detroit formula and add a back with some lightning I feel good about BRob as our thunder back, the role that David Montgomery plays in Detroit.

• Thumb up 1

22 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim also seemed skeptical about a trade with the Bears.  Of course he didn't know one way or another.  But he knows this is a FO that wants to use the draft so he wondered if they'd trade a bunch of picks from the jump.  Plus would the Bears even trade?

He talked about the run game. And he heard Quinn does like to run the ball.  He wondered if Kingsbury would dig the style of our current RBs.  I read somewhere else that he likes pass catching backs -- I presume speed guys.  I watched an interview with Peter King said he interviewed Klingsbury once and he told King the run game is the key to the offense so it is a position he values.

That might be good news for Gibson -

but there are some good dual threat running backs in that 3rd/4th round range. I like Bucky Irving out of Oregon - he should be there 3rd round.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FuriousD said:

Some people on here are not going to like this article! They will doubtless make efforts to discredit it as it doesn’t fit their narrative that the hiring of DQ amounts to table scraps once the best choices were gone. Sucks to be them 

Quinn was the top guy but they interviewed everyone to see if there was someone else to make decision tougher.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HoggLife said:

I would love to take a swing at a Franchise QB that has potential to be top 10 or even 5 in thr League. But I also would be happy seeing us get MHJ, use both 2nd rounders on OL and trading a 3rd this year and next for Fields. Use free agency for TE, Defense and maybe 1 more OLinenman. 

I think this is the safest bet to move forward. 

I hope that Quinn looked at the Washington roster, especially on defense, and thought that we underperformed due to poor coaching.  It would be nice if every position group didn't require a full scale renovation.  I'm feeling good about the defensive coaches and hope that there are more quality position coaches yet to be announced.  I'll admit that I'm unsettled with Klingsbury.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

Better than Stroud last year? All 3 are better prospects. Just opinions, if they turn out better than Stroud I will be amazed? If they do not it means he missed on Stroud, right and his opinion was wrong? The only opinions that count are the ones the new staff make, Just like HC I am going to wait and see and hope they are right no matter who they draft. 

Stroud is great in retrospect.  He's talking about touted QBs before the draft.  If its with the power of hindsight, Mahomes should have gone #1, Hebert #2, Allen #1, etc.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

If we follow the Detroit formula and add a back with some lightning I feel good about BRob as our thunder back, the role that David Montgomery plays in Detroit.

It is an extremely deep RB free agency class this year. We have the money. Maybe they go for a Ekeler, Jacobs or Pollard?

5 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

I watched that, Lincoln talked up Kingsbury's coaching including his energy.

I watched Kliff mic'd up on youtube last night.  He definitley comes off enery wise similar to Quinn on defense.  At a minimum i don't expect this team to play flat.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5

20 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

If Sam is still on the roster, he will be third string at best.

We are drafting a qb. We will sign an older vet qb.

We aren’t running back with Sam.

Sam will be our number two QB.

We will sign a vet to be QB 3.

Edited by AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, MartinC said:

That might be good news for Gibson -

but there are some good dual threat running backs in that 3rd/4th round range. I like Bucky Irving out of Oregon - he should be there 3rd round.

Yeah i agree.  I've touted Irving some too albiet I don't love his size.

My guy on that front in the later rounds is Blake Watson.  Great pass catching weapon.   Love Ray Davis too on that front but hate that he's already 24.

Laube put up big time numbers as a pass catcher and has a good Senior Bowl.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

You all are hurting my heart with all the Caleb, Drake, moving up talk! The thought of us moving up gives me a panic attack! Makes me want to go cry in a corner while I suck my thumb screaming "Make the bad men stop!".

Now that we have Whitt and Kingsbury, I am wondering who and when we are targeting the other coaches. I have read that O Line is a huge one. Could it be we are targeting a college O Line coach that runs the system?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Will want them to ask Dan about his deep dive on his Falcons tenure and what he learned about himself.

Feeling better about the hire and keeping fingers crossed he’s not just a bridge coach but the one to lead the revival.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Hoffman talked about this last week.  Knowing what he's heard about both coaches.  Quinn is very self aware and is always evolving.  Changing his scheme, changing his approach as the NFL changes.   Rivera on the other hand seems stuck in the past and isnt the most self aware dude.

I think the evolving is the key.  Clearly Rivera could motivate but it seemed like he was behind the times.

• Like 1