Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

6 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

So then it's fair to assume Quinn wasn't the primary person responsible for hiring Shanahan onto that staff ...

No dude. Quinn was absolutely responsible. This wasn’t a Zorn situation of let’s hire an OC then figure out the HC later. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

17 minutes ago, oraphus said:

They interviewed Bienime for HC job. I am not peddling anything.. just using this thing called google and common sense.. you should try it. its not any more or any less legitimate than what Keim said. I admire you.. you dont let things like common sense get in the way of your thoughtless drivel. 

Then you should try googling whether an internal interview qualify for one of the two required Rooney Rule minority interviews

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sjinhan said:

Bevell sounds interesting over the other dudes with SF right now.   Chip Kelly… not sure if he had actually changed since his last time in the league.

Who knows...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, sjinhan said:

This guy had a good list of candidates out there

based on this.  Bevell sounds interesting over the other dudes with SF right now.   Chip Kelly… not sure if he had actually changed since his last time in the league.

Thanks for sharing this,  definitely some solid options there,  just not sold on Kelly, and definitely no to EB

Edited by DazedSkinsfan

Chip has a good scheme. He’s going to surprise people if he’s the hire. I have UCLA season tickets and I have watched every game Chip has ever coached at UCLA. If he’s the hire, draft Brian Robinson high in your fantasy drafts and whoever the TE is. Terry is going to get a lot of deep targets. 

The knock on Chip is his personality. Dude seems awkward. He wasn’t a good recruiter as a result. He finally got the top high school QB in the country in Dante Moore but was forced to play him as a freshman and Moore bolted in the transfer portal. So Chip’s time at UCLA is coming to a close and he probably doesn’t want to deal with  keeping players happy and out the portal.

I am very cynical about most things with this team but if the QB is good, Chip will get production out of him and we will surprise. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I am very cynical about most things with this team but if the QB is good, Chip will get production out of him and we will surprise. 

I wonder if he could turn around Howell. I think EB and the O line was too much for Howell to overcome.

I was done on Chip because of his time with the Eagles. That was a disaster. If he has changed his ways, I might end up changing my mind about him.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

I wonder if he could turn around Howell. I think EB and the O line was too much for Howell to overcome.

I was done on Chip because of his time with the Eagles. That was a disaster. If he has changed his ways, I might end up changing my mind about him.

Kelly would be on a freight train to Jayden Daniels city.

Kelly has red flags so significant that it is likely he will never be a head coach in the NFL again.

While you don't have to worry about other teams poaching your OC, you gotta figure its not even worth the headache to deal w/ his laundry list of problems.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

sam is short for a qb. If he was taller id definately go after mhj or a trade down....but hes not and never will be.

Hes got a hell of an arm, but just being able to see over the line and dissect whats happening is why id like to draft maye.

Chip Kelly? is he a better oc than jay? I could get into Jay gruden oc again before chip i think

Edited by dunfer

Sounds like Chipster has a lot going on but for sure trying to get out. Other people here know more, I only remember when he coached the Eagles. I just can't bear another EB offense.

"It appears like Chip Kelly's days in Westwood are numbered. The current head coach of the Bruins has been tied to the NFL and, now, other college programs.

There have been reports that Kelly is tied to the head coaching job at Boston College. On Friday, Mark Schipper tweeted that he contacted Iowa directly to inquire about the open offensive coordinator job with Kirk Frerentz.

Why is Kelly so desperate to get away from UCLA?"

Edit: whole reason I posted this was to ask if we ever found out the connection between Kelly and Quinn? Clearly coming from somewhere. 

https://www.si.com/college/ucla/football/ucla-football-chip-kelly-reached-out-to-big-ten-rival-about-oc-opportunity-mac4

Edited by sinews

2 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

At the 1:15 mark at very beginning. Johnson had a formal standing offer that would pay him more than Dan Campbell and he turned it down.

@Conn

That’s called vindication. Not confirmation bias. Maybe one day you can experience it or just make it easy on yourself and do it vicariously through my posts. Thanks!

I’ll trust Keim. He’s been correct this entire process (and almost always is, going back many years). A less reliable reporter getting a leak from what is assuredly Johnson’s camp, to make Johnson look like he was going to get the WAS job, is not surprising at all. It’s not like our FO is ever going to directly comment. Keim isn’t a “spew what the team wants for access guy”. If you think so, then your ability to curate sources worth listening to on here can never be trusted. Which would make sense. 

Remember what I said about your unearned confidence? This post is what I was referring to. It’s good for a laugh because your arrogant message board persona has never stopped being funny. It’s a good character, and you stick to the bit. But you clearly didn’t learn anything from the Bezos stuff, including what sources actually have reliable information or not. And especially not humility. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, CapsSkins said:

When @Skinsinparadise was posting those excerpts of Logan Paulsen gushing about Quinn, I almost posted that the cynical side of me felt he was angling for a job on his staff if he got hired. I ultimately didn't because it was unnecessarily speculative in kind of a negative way.

Anyway then today I see this Tweet from JP and think of ****ing course lol.

I listened to that segment.  Logan mentioning if i heard him right turning down a previous offer from some team.  But he loves Quinn enough where he feels he'd love working with him.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Conn said:

I’ll trust Keim. He’s been correct this entire process (and almost always is, going back many years). A less reliable reporter getting a leak from what is assuredly Johnson’s camp, to make Johnson look like he was going to get the WAS job, is not surprising at all. It’s not like our FO is ever going to directly comment. Keim isn’t a “spew what the team wants for access guy”. If you think so, then your ability to curate sources worth listening to on here can never be trusted. Which would make sense. 

Remember what I said about your unearned confidence? This post is what I was referring to. It’s good for a laugh because your arrogant message board persona has never stopped being funny. It’s a good character, and you stick to the bit. But you clearly didn’t learn anything from the Bezos stuff, including what sources actually have reliable information or not. And especially not humility. 

You just got humiliated and trying to back track. I don’t care if you trust Keim. You claimed no one credible put out what multiple sources did.

Regardless, if you don’t like my posting style don’t respond to me or put me on ignore. Simple. You have crossed a few lines by making it personal. I will refrain from doing the same even though you are the easiest target to go after. ✌️ 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I listened to that segment.  Logan mentioning if i heard him right turning down a previous offer from some team.  But he loves Quinn enough where he feels he'd love working with him.

Hoffmans take was that even though Logan would love to coach he also loves his family life and does not relish the long hours that an assistant would have to put in. Personally I think if given the right position he would take it.

29 minutes ago, dunfer said:

sam is short for a qb. If he was taller id definately go after mhj or a trade down....but hes not and never will be.

Hes got a hell of an arm, but just being able to see over the line and dissect whats happening is why id like to draft maye.

Chip Kelly? is he a better oc than jay? I could get into Jay gruden oc again before chip i think

the guy who's being drafted number 1 is the same height as Sam

• Like 3

Washington Commanders: Howie Long excited about Dan Quinn (usatoday.com)

Howie Long loves Dan Quinn hire for the Commanders

“I think Dan is a great coordinator; he’s been a great coordinator,” Long said. “I love Dan. I love his energy; I love his system."

“I think they had some holes in the system at the end in Dallas,’ he said. “I think maybe Dallas ran its course. You’re starting to hear kind of, there’s people who have podcasts; Jerry (Jones) had a press conference and players are voicing their displeasure. Family members have accounts online, and it’s all things……if I were running a football team, and my frame of reference was our football team, the Raider philosophy under Al Davis was you build a wall around the building, and it’s us against them.”

Long was referencing how some family members of Dallas players criticized quarterback Dak Prescott after the season and believed the Cowboys’ failures late in the season had nothing to do with Quinn and that he was ready to move on for his second chance at being a head coach.

“I think this is a great opportunity for Dan Quinn,” Long said. “It’s a new owner. I had dinner with someone from the organization last night, and they’re going to be a really well-run organization in contrast to what they’ve been over the last 8, 9, 10 years under Dan Snyder.”

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Anyone know Quinn’s deal? How many years and salary.

I still don't even see Quinn on the Commanders web site. It's been mentioned that perhaps the team is waiting to get all its ducks n a row with hirings and firings before going public. Would actually be a nice change of pace to come out prepared over the last regime. This group is certainly tight lipped.

Remember, I'm not trying to post false hope here but nothing with Klint Kubiak can't be finalized until after the SB.  Adam Peters was in the FO with SF, as most know and if Peters really wants Kubiak I think we get him.  How can the Saints have the upper hand?  

• Thumb up 1

52 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Chip has a good scheme. He’s going to surprise people if he’s the hire. I have UCLA season tickets and I have watched every game Chip has ever coached at UCLA. If he’s the hire, draft Brian Robinson high in your fantasy drafts and whoever the TE is. Terry is going to get a lot of deep targets. 

The knock on Chip is his personality. Dude seems awkward. He wasn’t a good recruiter as a result. He finally got the top high school QB in the country in Dante Moore but was forced to play him as a freshman and Moore bolted in the transfer portal. So Chip’s time at UCLA is coming to a close and he probably doesn’t want to deal with  keeping players happy and out the portal.

Does he still run that stupid up-tempo, no huddle nonsense that is a hinderance to his defense?   If so, very hard pass.  

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I had dinner with someone from the organization last night, and they’re going to be a really well-run organization in contrast to what they’ve been over the last 8, 9, 10 years under Dan Snyder.”

I wish it was just 8, 9 , 10 years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3