Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree on Kirk. 

I don't agree on a VERY long rebuild.  That's old school NFL.  Teams can rebuild in 2 years, 3 tops.  5 years would be absurdly long by today's standards in the NFL.

Long time GM, Randy Mueller discussed this recently -- rebuilds happen now often in 2 years.  Why?  The cap increases have been substantial in the last 10 years or so, more trades happen, college and NFL offenses are more similar than years ago so players drafted make a quicker impact.

Yeah.  I just responded to another post saying we need to be near where the Lions are by Year 3.  My response to bringing in Kirk was just that it would signify that ownership views this as a very long rebuild process.  

But we should be a contender in Year 3.  Gotta nail the staff hires and QB though.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Crazy how durable Kirk has been up to this season.  Will see if he's the same though post ACL injury.

I actually think he’ll be just fine. Dude is maniacal about pretty much everything in life, just not on Tuesdays ;)  lol 

I see him being a potential coup for a franchise if he plays ball financially, which I think he and his agent will this time around. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Was watching Parsons interviewed at the Pro Bowl, gushing about Dan Quinn, he came off a bit sad that he's gone. 

I watched Michael Irving yesterday suggest that Parsons and Quinn were so close that don't count him out to go to Washintong in FA when he's up.  Tough for me to believe though Dallas ever lets that happen.

He was very vocal in praising the Eagles during the season. There were also reports that’s the Dallas brass were sick of him. 

I mean, even at a 0.000001% chance yes please.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Was watching Parsons interviewed at the Pro Bowl, gushing about Dan Quinn, he came off a bit sad that he's gone. 

I watched Michael Irving yesterday suggest that Parsons and Quinn were so close that don't count him out to go to Washintong in FA when he's up.  Tough for me to believe though Dallas ever lets that happen.

53 minutes ago, Llevron said:

This is all so traumatizing 

The trauma had already occurred.  What is happening right now is PTSD.

Eliminating the dysfunctional ownership that destroyed the team doesn’t eliminate losing, it just re-introduces the possibility for winning, aka hope.  Many people in this fanbase seem to have forgotten that frustration, disappointment, and losing are all part of the normal fan experience, and in the normal fan experience the balance comes from hope, not any sort of guaranteed success.   

It’s fine to hate the Quinn hire, or any decision ownership makes, but none of us are being robbed of something that is owed to us any time we are unhappy.  I don’t know if the team will get back to what it was, but I have doubts about the fanbase as long as people think anything short of gratification is adversity.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

27 minutes ago, wit33 said:

I see him being a potential coup for a franchise if he plays ball financially, which I think he and his agent will this time around. 

You'd think so since by now he has ALL the Kohls Cash. 

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

Now we’re talking, currently my view that this in on the table for us. 😂

I’m surprise people haven’t mentioned the Quinn and Russ connection. Manly why Quinn was projected to Denver last season was cause of Russ . I don’t see us going QB at #2 and can easily see us rolling with Howell a mid round QB and a vet( which would be Russ with Quinn connections). We are rebuilding but want to win, I don’t think Harris can afford to have the stadium over taken by fans anymore.

• Like 1

Quinn was not my first choice (as most here also feel 😆), but I will judge him by his results on the field. If they hire a great OC and have a great offseason/draft I think this dog could eventually hunt.

I didn’t care what Rivera said to his wife after games or what the sound byte de jour was, his results on the field were poor and that’s all that mattered.

I don't give a **** if Quinn is a rah rah guy, or if he defers to his coordinators, or if he wears ****ing magic underwear to practice…his results on the field are all that matters. 

Different coaches have different styles. There is more than one way to skin a cat. 

Let’s hope the new brass got this one right. I think we will all feel a lot better about it if he hires a great OC. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, RedDawn said:

The trauma had already occurred.  What is happening right now is PTSD.

Eliminating the dysfunctional ownership that destroyed the team doesn’t eliminate losing, it just re-introduces the possibility for winning, aka hope.  Many people in this fanbase seem to have forgotten that frustration, disappointment, and losing are all part of the normal fan experience, and in the normal fan experience the balance comes from hope, not any sort of guaranteed success.   

It’s fine to hate the Quinn hire, or any decision ownership makes, but none of us are being robbed of something that is owed to us any time we are unhappy.  I don’t know if the team will get back to what it was, but I have doubts about the fanbase as long as people think anything short of gratification is adversity.

Wow! Well said.

Please post more often. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

My personal favorites to become OC now that Kubiak is going to Saints.

-Darell Bevell, QB/Pass Cor., Dolphins 

-Frank Smith, OC, Dolphins

-Mike Lafleur, OC, Rams

-Frank Reich, ex HC/OC

Why are these good ideas, or why do they stink?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Curtisp5286 said:

-Mike Lafleur, OC, Rams

-Frank Reich, ex HC/OC

I’d much rather have these guys than Kelly or Bienemy.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Curtisp5286 said:

-Mike Lafleur, OC, Rams

-Frank Reich, ex HC/OC

If they hire Bevell wait for all the Russell Wilson talk to increase 1000%. :rofl89:

26 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Man I'd sign Parsons to biggest contract in history immediately. Dude is everything we wish a former 2nd pick overall was wished to be.

He’ll be tagged but I’d pay 2 firsts for him without a doubt.

• Thumb down 3

4 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

They offered the job to both. Multiple sources have stated that. 

Believing stories that make you feel better about it is far more dangerous.

They botched the process but ended up with a competent coach. If they hit on the QB the hire will look like it was smart. If they miss it won’t. But let’s not pretend Quinn was the choice all along. That’s laughable. 

You’re the most susceptible to confirmation bias that I’ve ever seen on these boards. It fits your persona, you also post with the most unearned confidence on these boards. Many people experienced it during the team sale process. Keim + Schefter >>> the jokers you’re reading that confirm what you already thought (and were told was wrong). 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

I wonder how close Bevell and Quinn are considering their overlapping tenure in Seattle (if anyone has any insight)? Definitely makes you wonder if he has the inside track there. But dear God, please no Russell Wilson. That ship has sailed.

And EB just sticking around is starting to bother me, too close proximity lol. I would be mortified to see him back with another young QB here, he's already ruined one man's trajectory. 

4 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

He’ll be tagged but I’d pay 2 firsts for him without a doubt.

Absolutely not!  Why in the world would you give up much needed 1st round picks in the next two drafts (after this years draft) to continue to build the team.  

• Like 2

I’m not going to get concerned with who doesn’t like the DQ signing. The only opinions I care about are Adam Peter’s and past/potential players he’s had relationships with. Those are the only opinions that matter and from what I read and hear, it’s overwhelmingly positive. And that’s why I love it!

Onward!

• Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, HeHateMe75 said:

Absolutely not!  Why in the world would you give up much needed 1st round picks in the next two drafts (after this years draft) to continue to build the team.  

Because Micah Parsons

1 minute ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Too much. Had he learned to keep his tireless mouth shut, I'd give a 2nd and 3rd for him. 

You would need 2 firsts if and when he’s tagged