Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

6 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Welp. He won't be coming here

Not too late for us to swoop in with a better offer. New Orleans will just have to shake it off if they get upset. 😌

Edited by spjunkies
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I whined about why not more offensive interviews myself.  So I think you are taking this a bit too seriously as to whatever you are reading into comments.

I don't think I am the one who needs to take a deep breath.  ;)

No serious from me at all 😂 None at all. You just seem in overdrive on certain subjects :cheers:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Veretax said:

I'll provise you the missing piece here.   DDoing all that would have totally been a Bruce Allen/Snyder move.  Harris wants to set the record straight that he is an honorable, respectful owner, and he will honor a Contract even if he knows he won't renew it.   

That's stupid. If he did that, he's stupid.

I don't think he's stupid.

Why do you think he's stupid?

Every last one of you saying “Chip Kelly it is” or “Chip Kelly come on down”… just know that I’ve written your name down and will work with higher forces to have you smote. Smited. Get hit by a lightning bolt and fried to cinders. Whatever that word is in plural.

• Haha 6
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

No serious from me at all 😂 None at all. You just seem in overdrive on certain subjects :cheers:

I think many here are. Just with different angles.  They like this hire.  Don't like the hire.  Good with the process.  Not good with the process.  It's all OK.  It's a long off season.  And we are emotional about the team and what we want.  All want to win.  So its all in good spirits for everyone of course.

Just to clarify my position.  They didn't do this the way I'd have done it.  I would have interviewed more offensive guys.  I liked Frank Smith.  In retrospect, I like what I heard about Canales and I would have interviewed him, too.  Heck they didn't hire who I wanted in the end.

But I got no problem with the outcome.  Their conviction seemed consistent whether I loved it or not so I can respect that.  It's probably the only thing i am feisty on right now which is when some suggest Quinn was a long shot fall back type and they screwed the whole process up.   

Following the process closely and some others here have followed it closely as well -- they've been consistent on the leadership issue.  It's been consistent on them not caring if its defense or offense as the driving force -- leadership was the key for them.  Quinn has been consistently hot in the running from the jump.  I among others must have posted that 1000 times.  Nothing crazy happened in the end. No big surprise.  Keim said to death the in person interviews were big with them.  All of the movie unfolded somewhat like expected.  The only surprise was Ben Johnson didn't get the job.  But Keim among others warned that he wasn't a given.  I was braced that Quinn was a possibilty.  Some others here were too.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Well the OC hire is going to be the key move isn’t it. All kinds of divided opinion at present, but the OC hire is going to blow the doors off one way or the other….

Maybe someone out of the blue like with Quinn.  Who knows.  

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Every last one of you saying “Chip Kelly it is” or “Chip Kelly come on down”… just know that I’ve written your name down and will work with higher forces to have you smote. Smited. Get hit by a lightning bolt and fried to cinders. Whatever that word is in plural.

❤️

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I am in good shape for my age.  I could be better though.  If they hire Chip, I think it will inspire me to add a mile or two to my runs.  I want to be able to at vicariously be in shape enough to handle his uptempo offense.     At a minimum I'll start drinking more water.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/eagles/2013/11/22/chip-kelly-fitness-program-helps-eagles/3676381/

PHILADELPHIA — From the start, Eagles coach Chip Kelly stressed to his players the importance of proper rest and eating right. Then he made sure of it, giving them sleep monitors during minicamps, providing post-practice smoothies and devoting time during the day for massages and the use of foam rollers on sore muscles.

Kelly even hired a sports sciences coordinator, Shaun Huls, who once trained Navy SEALs.

All of that seems to be paying off. Through 11 weeks of the season, several veterans said they feel fresher and more energized than ever before. The Eagles are off this week before returning for the final five regular-season games in December.

"I feel a lot healthier," Eagles tight end Brent Celek said. "Some of the stuff they're doing, I really like it. It has helped me, personally. ... It makes sense, especially for me, being in the league for seven years. That's important to staying healthy."

It also has left the Eagles, for the most part, relatively healthy through 11 games. Their starters have missed just 15 games total due to injuries. The soft-tissue injuries, such as pulled muscles and strains, have been minimal compared to other teams.

...Coaches on other teams no doubt talk to players about eating properly and getting the right amount of rest. Celek said Kelly goes further.

"We have massage people here every single day," Celek said. "We use foam rollers. We do a lot of soft-tissue work, and stretching – anything to help maintain your body."

A lot of it, the players say, is common sense. Linebacker Mychal Kendricks, for example, said players are constantly drinking water wherever they go around the NovaCare Complex.

"[Water] is good for everything, man," he said. "It keeps you hydrated. You don't pull as many muscles. I just feel good. That's just a little thing that we do. … We drink a lot of later. A lot of water."

But it's not like sports science is directly related to wins. If it was, everyone would be doing it.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

21 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree on Kirk. 

I don't agree on a VERY long rebuild.  That's old school NFL.  Teams can rebuild in 2 years, 3 tops.  5 years would be absurdly long by today's standards in the NFL.

Long time GM, Randy Mueller discussed this recently -- rebuilds happen now often in 2 years.  Why?  The cap increases have been substantial in the last 10 years or so, more trades happen, college and NFL offenses are more similar than years ago so players drafted make a quicker impact.

I wouldn't say three years would be unexpected for this team.

Terrible practice facility. No new stadium... terrible current one. There's a lot of infrastructure going on that can interfere with X's and O's, even subconsciously. Could make attracting talent difficult, even with the promise and hope of better days.

Come to think of it... maybe throwing a rookie HC into that isn't such an awesome idear.

• Like 1