Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Just now, Renegade7 said:

This jus seems so easy to say that it's gettin annoying reading it over and over again.

Peters stood his ground with Ben, that's how this will be remembered next time we play thr Lions.

Most people around the NFL have our back on this one...we need to destroy Detroit next time we see them to send a message.

I mean it’s easy to say because it’s how many of us feel, irrespective of Ben Johnson

1 minute ago, sinews said:

And Norv was his OC, a respected one at that. It's not Troy's fault that he sucked as a head coach. I don't see a contradiction between being a brilliant football mind as a coordinator and being a lousy head coach. Because they're not the same thing. 

Correct.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm enthusiastic about football season because...well, football season.

I was looking forward to seeing what the Commies do out of habit more than anything, really.  I love that Snyder is gone, the Peters hiring is great but I am markedly less enthusiastic about the Quinn hire as head coach.  

Anyway, someone put this together in burgundy and gold, please:

GettyImages-1289092809-scaled-e164814999

i'm gonna do it and make embroider it on a hat!!!  lol

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

I'm willing to withhold judgement until we see his staff.  The OC hire at this point is the key piece - if they can convince me that they have a legitimate play caller, that can develop a young QB.... then I'll be fine with the Quinn hire 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, oraphus said:

yeeah... and Ron Rivera is universally loved and respected in the league according to all the pundits. Yet he is dogsh!t as a HC as we all know. What's that respect worth now? 

True but as to Ron its about being a nice guy, classy guy.  It's usually not about being a great X's and O's dude.  Heck even in Carolina's heyday for their defense it was about their coordonators including McDermott not so much Ron.  Quinn isn't hailed as a nice guy alone -- but for his motivational skills-X's and O's.

Again one major diference with Ron is Quinn has killed it as a coordinator in the modern NFL.  It's cool that Ron killed it as D coordinator in 2008 in SD.  But times have changed.

Logan Paulsen talked about this defensive scheme when he was an employee of Ron.  So when some say Logan is biased.  Yeah you figured he'd be biased for his current boss not his ex-boss.  And during the season he talked about how "meh" the scheme was as to movement on the D line, marrying pressure with coverage among other things.  It didn't come off like he thought it got miles better when Ron took over.  As Rex Ryan joked when Ron took over the defense, the "improvement" was they were giving up 35 points a game.  

Logan talked about model schemes as for stunts and moving guys around on the d line and cited Dallas.  Said he didn't think Parsons would be as big if he were playing here because Quinn knew how to create mismatches and this defensive staff not so much.  He talked about all the turnovers created by Dallas which he cited to in part because of how coordinated their scheme was to their pressure packages -- unlike this team.

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/new-commanders-coach-dan-quinn-brings-leadership-washington-has-needed-for-years

He's undoubtedly a defensive whiz. He was the defensive coordinator in Seattle during their Legion of Boom years, when they ranked No. 1 in the NFL and reached the Super Bowl (winning one) in each of his two seasons (2013-14). When he was hired by Mike McCarthy to coach the Cowboys defense in 2021, that unit quickly went from 28th in total yardage to seventh, and it's ranked fifth in each of the last two years.

But it's not just his schemes that got his players' attention. They always played like they were willing to run through a wall for Quinn.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, DiscoBob said:

I'm willing to withhold judgement until we see his staff.  The OC hire at this point is the key piece - if they can convince me that they have a legitimate play caller, that can develop a young QB.... then I'll be fine with the Quinn hire 

Who do you have in mind?

I didn't want Quinn, but he's here and there is nothing we can do about it except support him and the team and hope things get turned around.  Sure, I was pissed about what Johnson did and how he did it.  But that's water under the bridge now. 

Y'all can process/handle this however you want to, but my advice is get pissed off, say what you need to say, and get over it quickly.  Life is way too short to stay mad about things out of your control and dwell on it.  If one of your teams hiring a HC you hate or don't want is your biggest problem, then life is great.  There's a lot worse things in life that could happen to you than that.

:cheers:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

Until proven otherwise,  I'm referring DQ as Dan "Leftovers" Quinn, because that's exactly what this feels like.   We clearly settled.  

Sometimes cold pizza is much better than hot crap. 

• Like 2

I will say this about the hire… Quinn is a retread no doubt but unlike our previous HC who went out of the frying pan into the oven right away… whereas Quinn hasn’t been a HC for several seasons now and he landed back on his feet did his time as a DC and was highly successful… so kinda like life, sometimes we just need to step away and do something else to learn and grow and then if/when given another chance maybe (hopefully for us as fans) he grew and is ready to do even better as a HC…

• Thumb up 3

6 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I wonder how or if this hire affects whether or not Jon Allen stays.

Considering that he's under contract through 2025 and there are franchise tags that could be applied afterwards, I'd say he doesn't have much say in the matter.  Unless he holds out.