Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Just to reiterate: the hiring difficulties are much less about Harris and Peters than they are Snyder and Ron and the incredible mess they left us. That stuff doesn't get automatically cleaned up just because there's a new owner. 

Maybe they're being a little too cautious? Okay, it's a really big move to make, want to get it right. Process didn't turn out ideal but you take a beat, adapt and move on. I have to imagine that the leash will be shorter for a fallback candidate, in any case, and whether we know for sure or not they were a fallback. I bet they want a contract closer to 3-4 years rather than 5-6 reported by others.

Also, On Keim's recent podcast he brought up how so many of our recent HCs were quick, decisive, and targeted hires getting the guy everyone wanted at the time (aside from maybe Rivera). That didn't work out too well, never in fact. 

Whatever happens is fine with me, I'll live with it. Because ultimately they'll have to prove it one way or the other first, I don't need to get worked up about what might have been. It can't be worse than what we saw last year. . . Can it? 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Some are asking why MacDonald would even take an interview here, if he did not want to be here. That’s simple. The answer is leverage. If more teams are interested, that gives you leverage to negotiate with other teams that do want you. Plus, it’s interviewing experience. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

I wonder if they are looking at someone from the 49ers or Chiefs and have to keep it close to the vest.

To me, this is the only way this makes any sense. 

Factor in that Peters comes from SF and it's possible that he had one or two candidates from SF on his short list all along.

• Like 1

Just now, bird_1972 said:

To me, this is the only way this makes any sense. 

Factor in that Peters comes from SF and it's possible that he had one or two candidates from SF on his short list all along.

So who could that be? I dont keep up with many other coaching staffs.

3 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

I wonder if they are looking at someone from the 49ers or Chiefs and have to keep it close to the vest.

Why would they have to keep it "close to the vest", there are no other vacancies lol.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Harris showed his hand flying to Detroit. Now we will pretend to do the long methodical search. Taking our time. Slow and steady wins the race.

We are not a top destination some thought we were. Snyders ****s stains are all over the place. We may be 3 years away from getting the top young up and coming hot name OC to commit here.

Ok.... I 100% understand all the reasons why Belichick doesn't make sense.... but I don't really understand why you wouldn't at least have a conversation (even if it's on the DL and not publicized)

If they truly are exploring all options, I don't get why you wouldn't at least window shop 🤷

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

I would argue they talked to the agent after first zoom to get ballpark number. Chargers knew what they were going to have to pay Harbaugh and just announced a few days ago. 

So, if they were not going to meet his contract requirements, why did they reach out to him to schedule a 2nd interview?

9 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

They're not "rushing to settle" because they keep getting turned down. 😅

As much as some here think Dan Quinn would be a clown hire, he's seen it seems as the opposite around the league at least judging by insiders and players, etc.  So if for example Quinn after what's happened so far elects to go back to Dallas and makes an annoucement ala Ben Johnson then I think we are talking about egg on their faces in the league.  That would take it up to an embarassing level.

I know some say good riddance and they hope Quinn goes back to Dallas.  But I want whom they want.  And if they are serious about Quinn, i wouldn't toy with it in their shoes.  Because if i were Quinn i'd give an expiration point on this for the reason that the longer they dangle it with him and talk to others the more it makes him look bad -- so I'd do the reject them, George Costanza move before they reject me.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, ThatNFLChick said:

The only people on the 49ers who make any sense to me would be:

Steve Wilks

Anthony Lynn

I had no one specific in mind - was just spitballing. 

Would be good to get one of their offensive position coaches as an OC, though.

29 minutes ago, Black Market Bully said:

At this point, I’d roll the dice on Aaron Glenn

No, I don't think you'd reallly want to do that. Many fans in Detroit call him "Ron Rivera II" and would love to see him leave for somewhere else. They point to the number of unanswered points the Niners scored against them in the NFL championship game as just one of many examples.   

I’ll reiterate… the safe move that’s out there that I’d do is Lou Anarumo. 

But the swing for the fences move is Lincoln Riley… and then moving up to 1 for Caleb Williams. Now, I wouldn’t be a big fan of giving up the assets to do it… and I’m not super high on Caleb (though I do see the appeal)…

But Peter’s + Riley + Williams would be a major coup.

It isn’t going to happen. I actually give it a negative percent likelihood.

But that would be swinging for the fences.

• Like 1