Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

4 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Why is Weaver the Assoc HC in Baltimore? I hate bmore and dont follow them except to watch their postseason collapses and bet against them

My guess is someone was trying to poach him last year for DC?

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

I’ll take Weaver over Quinn. 

Same. He's younger. Comes from a top notch organization. Can probably vulture some Baltimore offensive assistants. The fact that he's currently the Asst. HC is a big positive.

If Macdonald is off the board, given what I've heard and read reacently I think I'd put Glenn over quinn and Weaver. (sp...laugh why do I keep typing his name as WAver... my fingers are too cold this morning)

But its hard to judge what the new group is doing absent any history in the football arena on choices like this.  ANything we post is speculation at this point

Edited by Veretax

1 hour ago, Conn said:

In short, if you go with the unpopular, unsexy choice you gotta be right. And not four years from now. But if you give the fanbase a guy they can embrace as their own with a fresh slate and a hotshot coordinator record for a premium franchise, you’re essentially blameless. A Macdonald would be embraced as “ours” instantly and granted more grace with growing pains. Quinn, even if we’re an average team, won’t be “our guy” as a fanbase for a long time because he’s the guy from our rival whose biggest accomplishment on the national stage was losing the SB in historic fashion for a middle of the road nothing franchise.

It's how I see it too.  They got to be right in that case.  Going with a retread coach -- especially a defensive coordinator in his 50s does feel very Rivera.  So its nonsexy.

I think there are major differences to Rivera.  Quinn is a different cat personality and stylistically.

Am I excited about Quinn?  Nope.  But lol I am sure once we got a mic'd up Quinn in practice and players start raving about him and we read about all the things he's doing with the team -- I will quickly get on board.   

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Same. He's younger. Comes from a top notch organization. Can probably vulture some Baltimore offensive assistants. The fact that he's currently the Asst. HC is a big positive.

Very well spoken and very positive also.

I'll accept whomever Peters chooses.

He's supposed to be a very very good front office/GM man.

I'll have faith in his decisions now because I can't do anything else until I see what his plans are in Washington. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

If Macdonald was their guy, it would be pretty disappointing to lose him to Seattle when you have the family connection to the area, a path at QB, settled ownership, and significant cap space to develop his defense. Plus you could be the top coach in the division on day 1.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

If Macdonald was their guy, it would be pretty disappointing to lose him to Seattle when you have the family connection to the area, a path at QB, settled ownership, and significant cap space to develop his defense. Plus you could be the top coach in the division on day 1.

We face to face interviewed him before Seattle. The fact they didnt ask for him back tells me he wasnt their guy most likely.

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Interesting tidbit here. Peter’s at the Senior Bowl. I’m thinking it’ll be announced today. I hope it’s Macdonald, but the smoke is all over Quinn.

It’s Quinn and probably was the guy all along.

After year 1, Quinn won’t get the benefit of doubt. Year 1, you are seeing how the new guys we draft and free agency mesh with the returning players. Plus, you will have the ups and downs with a rookie QB.  Year 2, the inherited players that didn’t mesh will be discarded.

This scenario with the players would be the same for any coach but I think 

Quinn though won’t get the same leeway, a new coach does. Quinn will be expected to have success faster than a first time coach and if he peaks, he may not get that chance to finally get over the hump that maybe a new coach might.

I’m not surprised Mayhew is staying given his past relationship with Peters but he’s not the one making the decision.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

27 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Same here.

I guess my main point is that folks who were rightfully so happy about bringing in Peters now have zero faith in him apparently.  I don’t blindly put faith in anyone but I have to respect his opinion infinitely more than that of my own.

Yeah me, too.

If I can make personnel decisions and judge head coaching candidates from my chair better than professionals doing this in person with real data points -- than shame on me for wasting my time here, I should be working for an NFL team. :ols:

I am not saying we can't have takes.  We all do and its fun to guess on various things. Nothing wrong with that.  But when we have a FO that we supposedly trust, they would have to be clownshow level bad at their job if we can assess people better than they can when they have these people in the building versus us watching some youtube clips.   

So at some point especially early on we should trust it.  Now anyone who thinks Peters was a clown hire.  And dudes like Bob Myers do not deserve the reps they have -- then OK.  I'd get the questioning.  But for those who trusted the Peters hire, ultimately IMO we should trust his decisions especially in cases where he has miles more info than we do.

For all we know Mike Macdonald farted 10 times in the interview and said a few things that made them shake their heads.  Peters has been around the block and knows other coaches and should be able to make apples to apples comparisons.  I mentioned Peters should know a lot about Slowik.  He also should know a lot about Quinn because of Kyle and others. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

It’s Quinn and probably was the guy all along.

After year 1, Quinn won’t get the benefit of doubt. Year 1, you are seeing how the new guys we draft and free agency mesh with the returning players. Plus, you will have the ups and downs with a rookie QB.  Year 2, the inherited players that didn’t mesh will be discarded.

This scenario would be same for any coach, if Quinn isn’t it.

Quinn though won’t get the same leeway, a new coach does. Quinn will be expected to have success faster than a first time coach and if he peaks, he may not get that chance to finally get over the hump that maybe a new coach might.

I’m surprised Mayhew is staying given his past relationship with Peters but he’s not the one making the decision.

Oh Jesus you’ve already got the roadmap drawn out :ols:

• Haha 1