Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Just now, Idaho fan said:

Obviously getting ahead of ourselves but thats what we do here I suppose. 

Imagine this.. Ben gets the Seattle interview.  They love him.  want him.  Ben waits to talk to us.  He chooses us.  How good will that feel?  Its just as likely (if not more so) as the Seahawks hiring him on the spot tonight.

We do, in both directions.  I'm not giving up yet, but I'm always into contingencies.

2 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Its just as likely (if not more so) as the Seahawks hiring him on the spot tonight.

Naa, after watching that game last night it's much more likely that Johnson makes the wrong decision at the last minute. 

He calls Dan Campbell for advice and what will he say? "GO FOR IT!!!" 

16 minutes ago, Hooper said:

They've been put to rest recently. Not for sale in near future at least.

Define near future? A lot of speculation the Seahawks will be sold in 2025. Either way they'll be sold at some point because that's what Paul Allen's will states. 

Most likely the sale talk being put to rest is all smoke and mirrors so the hc job is still desirable. 

• Like 2

A.  Seattle is annoying for surprisingly canning Carroll and entering the coaching chase.

B.  The above lacked class.

C.  I think they only do this because they have someone, likely Johnson, that they desperately want.

Hopefully, Johnson doesn’t get the warm and fuzzies based on how they kicked the coach who delivered a Super Bowl to the curb.  I also have to think that selecting a rookie QB at #2 is more enticing than inheriting Geno Smith.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Bifflog said:

Can't really fault the guy if he thinks we aren't it yet, but it would have softened the blow to not just be hearing this the day before he's supposed to interview :D.  Hopefully Plan B is a good one if we can't seal the deal.

"Hopefully Plan B is a good one if we can't seal the deal."

I'm sure we've got something hidden up our sleeves if all else fails...

image.png.3b0c20b4e3febb2b0f7f711da83f5abb.png

"Don't worry Josh! There's a future Super Bowl winning head coach down here somewhere. Just have to dig a little deeper is all..."

😄

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

"Hopefully Plan B is a good one if we can't seal the deal."

I'm sure we've got something hidden up our sleeves if all else fails...

Yeah, hopefully Plan B isn't Ron Rivera Jr, I.E. Dan Quinn

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Deleted comment

This is dangerously close, if not all the way there, to being a political statement. Should stop here before it goes that way. No place in the stadium for this. 

Great news folks! 

Nothing to worry about.

ESPoN just reported that Josh Harris and Magic Johnson are furious at the Seahawks underhanded interview tactics-- (how dare they try to sign him on the spot!)!

They've taken matters into their own hands and are calling Ben Johnson directly, even though he is still being mercilessly grilled and interrogated by  Seattle.

Here's a snippet from Josh and Magic's historic call...

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I don't think Allbright has info here. He didn't say Seattle would try until after the Schefter appeareance on Pat MacAfee went viral

Yep. I dont think anyone has actual info. Various degrees of best guesses and speculation based on reading the tea leaves.

14 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Seems like weak sauce to claim Seattle missed the request on MacDonald because of firing Pete Carroll late. If you're firing Carroll, it's likely because you have SOME idea on who else you want. And it was, at most, two days after Washington fired Rivera. Not to mention Seattle made the timely request on plenty of other candidates. It's like they couldn't have been bothered to take the extra 10 minutes to add MacDonald's name to the list.

Edited by Jericho

15 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

I think that most here would be surprised to learn that Washington DC gets more rain than Seattle does. 

So lets leave the weather out of it, IMO. 

While true DC averages 52 more sunny days per year than Seattle. It's not the rain. It is the constant cloudiness that make Seattle glum imo. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Seattle's whole process seems bizarre, but I don't think they met the Rooney Role until they interviewed Ejiro Evero over this past weekend. So that partly explains the delay. Maybe flying people to Seattle is tough, with doors flying off planes and all.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Seems like weak cause to claim Seattle missed the request on MacDonald because of firing Pete Carroll late. If you're firing Carroll, it's likely because you have SOME idea on who else you want. And it was, at most, two days after Washington fired Rivera. Not to mention Seattle made the timely request on plenty of other candidates. It's like they couldn't have been bothered to take the extra 10 minutes to add MacDonald's name to the list.

Because they really wanted Johnson all along IMO

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Another problem with being second to interview him is if Seattle decides to offer him the job he now has a bird in the hand versus two in the bush.

If he decides to pass it up it could cost him a year of his life and ten million dollars.

There's nothing logistically good about us being second here.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Another problem with being second to interview him is if Seattle decides to offer him the job he now has a bird in the hand versus two in the bush.

If he decides to pass it up it could cost him a year of his life and ten million dollars.

Yeah I agree. Kinda wished we had an interview with him scheduled today. But oh well. Just gotta stick with our process.

Just now, redskinss said:

"...he now has a bird in the hand versus two in the bush..."

Though admittedly, far less common, there is nonetheless something to be said for "two in the bush". 😉

• Thumb up 1