Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Seattle has incredible facilities and arguably the most respected GM in the league.  And an owner who is hands off. And it's become clear she isn't selling anytime soon. 

We have a lot to offer -- which is a huge change. But we also have terrible facilities -- thanks, Danny -- and the media is up in your business way more in the DMV than Seattle.

Plus, not every coach wants to coach a rookie QB.  They miss as much as they hit, if not more.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Johnson ends up in Seattle.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

The reason I'm much higher on johnson over Macdonald is two things.

The first has been brought up several times, that he's an offensive coach and we want somebody to groom our rookie and stay for continuity. 

The second has been less mentioned, johnson came to a franchise with a history of wretched offense and short order turned them Into one of the premier offenses in the league, he completely changed the offensive culture in Detroit.

Sure you can assume some of that credit goes to the rest of the supporting cast but by all accounts johnson is the mastermind behind that offense.

Macdonald on the other hand came to a team with a 25 year history of elite defenses a culture of defensive dominance, now I'm not taking anything away from Macdonald he by all accounts is a defensive mastermind but theres a far greater chance that culture played a significant role in his success in Baltimore than Johnsons did in Detroit and I can't shake the feeling that could mean something. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, bird_1972 said:

Is anyone concerned about the game Ben Johnson called? I know conventional wisdom has him as the top HC candidate out there but I can't shake an uneasy feeling about him not keeping his foot on the gas in the second half vs. the 49ers.

Are you really going to judge your next potential coach by one game. I'd sure you can find some head scratcher games for Kyle Shanahan. I think he called a good game though. I don't remember the last time we had an innovative coach like that.

Edited by RVAskins

2 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Seattle has incredible facilities and arguably the most respected GM in the league.  And an owner who is hands off. And it's become clear she isn't selling anytime soon. 

We have a lot to offer -- which is a huge change. But we also have terrible facilities -- thanks, Danny -- and the media is up in your business way more in the DMV than Seattle.

Plus, not every coach wants to coach a rookie QB.  They miss as much as they hit, if not more.

Who wants to live in Seattle 🤮 It's like having a rain cloud following you around.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, primetime441 said:

Who wants to live in Seattle 🤮 It's like having a rain cloud following you around.

Seattle and the surrounding areas are awesome IMO. Definitely too much rain. But compared to Ashburn?  JK!

Edited by Hooper

36 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Welp! Buckle up folks (this is why I wanted everyone to relax)

Stories starting to leak all over the web that BJ's possibly going to Seattle.

Doesn't matter, whoever we get hopefully has us as their first choice. 

This is from the comments fwiw...

Screenshot_20240129_132715_X.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

Are you really going to judge your next potential coach by one game. I'd sure you can find some head scratcher games for Kyle Shanahan.

A game in which the offense scored 31 points against a team who had only given up 30+ points twice in 18 games. And had allowed more than 23 only three times.

6 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

Are you really going to judge your next potential coach by one game. I'd sure you can find some head scratcher games for Kyle Shanahan.

The thing is Johnson actually coached a great game.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

24 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Hey SIP. Really?  I've given respect to both. Are you frustrated and taking it out?  LOL  I recanted what I said in a previous post.  Go find it.  Ok.  LOL  Let me help you:  "I leave with this. Really it boils down to will Harris, Peters and Washington leadership choose Ben Johnson or Mike MacDonald. It's that simple. Tough choice to make as both are great at what they do as coordinators, Ben Johnson as OC and Mike MacDonald as DC. One of them will be our HC."   

😉

What's wrong with you?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, mistertim said:

Right, because who could pass up an opportunity to work with a HoFer like Geno Smith and have the 16th pick in the draft?

There is also questions about Seahawks ownership. When will the team be put up for sale?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Aka, don't let him out of the building.

🤦‍♂️

• Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, RVAskins said:

There is also questions about Seahawks ownership. When will the team be put up for sale?

They've been put to rest recently. Not for sale in near future at least.

8 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

"Solid rumor"

Seattle may hire him. But I highly doubt we were ever "hoodwinked."

6 hours ago, redskinss said:

I wish the order was reversed, since johnson is my first choice I hate that Seattle has an opportunity to woo him and not let him out of the building. 

That's kidnapping. 😁

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Hooper said:

And you didnt even mention the fan base. Which is one of the best in all of sports. There is a lot to like in Seattle.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Can't really fault the guy if he thinks we aren't it yet, but it would have softened the blow to not just be hearing this the day before he's supposed to interview 😅.  Hopefully Plan B is a good one if we can't seal the deal.

Edited by Bifflog
  • Sad 2

Obviously getting ahead of ourselves but thats what we do here I suppose. 

Imagine this.. Ben gets the Seattle interview.  They love him.  want him.  Ben waits to talk to us.  He chooses us.  How good will that feel?  Its just as likely (if not more so) as the Seahawks hiring him on the spot tonight.

• Like 2