Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

53 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Couple of those Lions OL are tempting, especially if we bring in their OL coach. Then add a couple more via the draft and things will feel considerably stronger in that positional group.

Yeah this could be a nice bonus if Fraley is brought in and guys are bought into him as a coach and want to follow him. Have to admit I have no idea if Fraley is OC material or just a good OL coach. Would love to see him here as OL coach though, this OL needs a lot of help.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SkinsNatsFan said:

Lions key free agents this off-season: G Jonah Jackson, S Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Jr., G Graham Glasgow, DE Charles Harris, DE Romeo Okwara, WR Josh Reynolds, WR Donovan Peoples-Jones, OT Dan Skipper, LB Jalen Reeves-Maybin, CB Kindle Vildor, S Will Harris, OL Halapoulivaati Vaitai, CB Emmanuel Moseley, OT Matt Nelson, LS Jake McQuaide, QB Teddy Bridgewater, K Michael Badgley.

CJ Gardner Johnson is good.  Glasgow >> Jonah Jackson but Glasgow will be 32.   

Curious to see who Ben Johnson would bring in as a OC. Not sure he would bring in an already proven guy. I could see a young guy who has similar views as Johnson with Johnson being the de facto OC and having a guy underneath him that he can trust to follow his lead. 

Based on that segment, Seattle interviewing Ben Johnson today in Detriot.  McDonald on Tuesday.

Washington interviewing Weaver, McDonald today.  Then Tuesday morning Quinn, then later Tuesday Johnson and Glenn.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 3

its nice to have what seem like good options. Johnson, MacDonald. Both coached well yesterday. I trust GMAP to hire a guy who vibes with the bigger vision, has a good list of coaches to fill out their staff, and can help get a coordinator on the other side of the ball who can own it. There is a lot of them to do immediately, probably starting with joining the deep evaluation of the talent here and helping GMAP's staff identify FAs they'd like, along with getting ready for the combine and who they want to meet with.

Edited by @DCGoldPants

8 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

its nice to have what seem like good options. Johnson, MacDonald. Both coached well yesterday. I trust GMAP to hire a guy who vibes with the bigger vision, has a good list of coaches to fill out their staff, and can help get a coordinator on the other side of the ball who can own it. There is a lot of them to do immediately, probably starting with joining the deep evaluation of the talent here and helping GMAP's staff identify FAs they'd like, along with getting ready for the combine and who they want to meet with.

Agreed.  The talk of Ben Johnson to Seattle, would mean we could have MacDonald at this point.  I get why people may rather Johnson, but there are top line options and we should get one of them.

All of a month ago, I knew pretty much nothing about other coaches, cause I generally don't care outside of what Commanders are doing.  I'm not going to pretend to know which one is truly the best choice.  After how things seem to have fallen with Peters, I'm hoping we can continue to hit home runs.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I wish the order was reversed, since johnson is my first choice I hate that Seattle has an opportunity to woo him and not let him out of the building. 

I’m quite happy we are seeing him last. We gather more information from our other interviews prior to his. I feel like we are targeting one of these as DC to be honest. Only a couple of days to wait. 

5 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I wish the order was reversed, since johnson is my first choice I hate that Seattle has an opportunity to woo him and not let him out of the building. 

If we want Johnson and he chooses Seattle with their limited Cap Space and draft capital. Then he didn't want to come here and that's fine by me. 

• Like 7
  • Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

If we want Johnson and he chooses Seattle with their limited Cap Space and draft capital. Then he didn't want to come here and that's fine by me. 

Yeah thats a good way to look at it, and this way he will have done his due diligence as well and can sign with us after his interview rather than shaking hands and saying I'll let you know.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chris 44 said:

Curious to see who Ben Johnson would bring in as a OC. Not sure he would bring in an already proven guy. I could see a young guy who has similar views as Johnson with Johnson being the de facto OC and having a guy underneath him that he can trust to follow his lead. 

Hank Fraley Lions OL for our OC

Edited by Hitman#21
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, redskinss said:

The interview is in Detroit. So probably a hotel conference room or similar. It’s not like they are flying him in on a private jet and controlling his departure.