Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

7 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

I would have rather had Morris than Quinn.  At least another team has filled their vacancy.  Down to Washington and Seattle.  Seattle give Danno a big welcome back!  Thank you!  :)

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

STUNNER!  He's already been their interim coach once.  BB out of this year's cycle then?  Maybe Seattle goes fishing for him?

Last time Pete Carrol left an NFL HC job, BB took over. However, i don’t see the GM in Seattle ever going with BB.

4 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Have we satisfied the Rooney Rule yet? Did Raheem interview in person? I know we are meeting with Glenn in Detroit next week. 

I don't think so as Anthony Weaver and Glenn are still in the playoffs. Pretty sure no else did in person interviews....rule is a little crazy sometimes.

I was a big fan of Morris over the other two

Edited by DWinzit
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

Glad it’s them and not us.  I 

Morris was my 3rd choice after Ben Johnson, MacDonald 1st but very happy with Johnson and still am and still believe he's the guy.  Jockeying going on.  

• Like 1

It's interesting how quickly the dominos have all fallen without many teams actively pursuing Ben Johnson. That would tend to support the speculation about him coaching the Commanders being a done deal.

I'm not surprised about either Belichick or Carroll being left out. The fad right now is to hire young-ish coordinators, and those two are used to having a lot more say over than the operation than many teams will be willing to give them now.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Morris was my 3rd choice after Ben Johnson, MacDonald 1st but very happy with Johnson and still am and still believe he's the guy.  Jockeying going on.  

He was 4th on my list.  i don't think he's the joke hire that some do here.  Again, for argument's sake lets say he is a terrible play caller.  How many HC's call plays?  I'd guess a third tops.  We aren't hiring a coordinator to just coordinate here.  We are hiring a dude to run the team. 

My first by a mile is Ben Johnson.  After that, I vacilliate between Slowik and McDonald but I am going now with McDonald as #2.   Quinn now #4. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

Reading about Belichick I get the vibe he wanted either FO control or to dictate the FO operation.  I doubt he gets that level of power even next year

It's hilarious that some in the media put out there that a team would actually trade for Belichick including this team -- another black eye for Florio.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

Still holding my ground on Johnson and if not MacDonald.  Both are wins, IMO.  The fans will be SUPER P****D with a Quinn hiring.  :dallas_sucks:

2 minutes ago, ILikeBilly2 said:

Seems to me the best outcome would be Ben Johnson as head coach and McDonald as assistant head coach/defensive coordinator.

That's a dream I'd love to have but I don't think it happens but I sure hope it could come true!  

• Like 1

Just now, RWJ said:

Still holding my ground on Johnson and if not MacDonald.  Both are wins, IMO.  The fans will be SUPER P****D with a Quinn hiring.  :dallas_sucks:

I agree the fans will be pissed if its Quinn.

Personally, I'd get over it.  But I go no doubt its a bad PR move.  Might even be worse than the Fassel rumor at the time.  Quinn IMO is more intriguing than Fassel was back then but the stakes are much higher now because fans have checked out and there is a need to bring back some excitement.

• Like 2

Morris was never on my list....

1. Johnson 

2. Slowik

3. Vrabel 

4. Harbaugh 

I know a lot of people didn't like the idea of Harbaugh,  but damn all he's ever done is win everywhere he's been.  The Chargers got a good one,  will be fun watching what they do in the coming years.

Rams got the equivalent of value in draft capital with Morris being hired as we did in return for Trent Williams and Chase Young combined. 

49ers are the best at developing minority talent in the coaching staff and front office. Hopefully Peters implements a similar strategy here. Since 2020, the 49ers have received or slated to receive 10 additional 3rd round picks. We need to get in on that. It is a huge strategic advantage for the teams that have benefited. Lets you bomb on a Trey Lance trade and keep swinging and make back to back NFC championships games. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep, maybe McDonald as the dark horse #3 just running with rumors.  We need Seattle to go Quinn and fast.  :ols:

This kid is a nobody.  I challenged him in nice way on Twitter.  He's a Philty fan.  Need I say anymore.  :)