Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

53 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Why did Rivera and Co get rid of Steven Sims?

Because he kept on fumbling punt returns!  He's been in and out of multiple teams since we cut him.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Not to get into a tailgate discussion but the team who benefited most from the current system is the 49ers. They have received an insane amount of comp picks. The Rams want in on that action with Raheem. 

Raheem is the new David Shaw. A ton of fake praise, supposedly great interviews then the real candidate is hired. 

Raheem is a proven NFL failure. His resume is abysmal and pathetic. Johnson’s is not. Johnson could turn out to be a huge loser too but that’s an unknown. Johnson’s better comp is EB. 

Raheem’s comp is Jim Zorn today. 

And the person who has a vested interest in not talking up Morris due to Rams draft compensation would be Kyle Shanahan, who went on record as saying Morris would be his first choice for HC as an owner.  Morris was put in a tough situation in his first go around and it's certainly possible for a 30 something coach to grow in the intervening decade plus years.  It's not like coaches never do better in their second stints.

Morris is not my first choice.  But I doubt he is a throwaway interview.  And if the FO and ownership decides he is the guy, then I assume that they have a good reason to do so.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bearrock said:

And the person who has a vested interest in not talking up Morris due to Rams draft compensation would be Kyle Shanahan, who went on record as saying Morris would be his first choice for HC as an owner.  Morris was put in a tough situation in his first go around and it's certainly possible for a 30 something coach to grow in the intervening decade plus years.  It's not like coaches never do better in their second stints.

Morris is not my first choice.  But I doubt he is a throwaway interview.  And if the FO and ownership decides he is the guy, then I assume that they have a good reason to do so.

They are buddies if that was true he would have taken him from Atlanta when he took the SF job. Instead he went with Saleh and Demico because he wanted to win. Kyle  also has a tattoo of Chris Simms’ name on his body. He might not make the best decisions when it comes to friends/friends with benefits whatever the status is. Who knows. A lot of people including Holmgren said a lot of positives about Jim Zorn too.

Raheem is a loser. Arguably a  likable loser but a loser nevertheless. His abysmal HC stint aside, he has sucked every step of the way. Either mediocre or worse. 

6 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

So let’s be honest with my opinions passed off as facts

FTFY

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Not sure if you can

prop evaluate Slowik from this game. Their OL is

simoly overmatched and the crowd noise has impacted them.

This Ravens defense is fantastic too.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

They are buddies if that was true he would have taken him from Atlanta when he took the SF job. Instead he went with Saleh and Demico because he wanted to win. Kyle  also has a tattoo of Chris Simms’ name on his body. He might not make the best decisions when it comes to friends/friends with benefits whatever the status is. Who knows. A lot of people including Holmgren said a lot of positives about Jim Zorn too.

Raheem is a loser. Arguably a  likable loser but a loser nevertheless. His abysmal HC stint aside, he has sucked every step of the way. Either mediocre or worse. 

I hope you don't take any offense if I take the words of pretty much every reporters, coaches, and players talking up Morris over yours.  Still friends? (Or random co-posters on a message board?)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

McDonald is a great defensive coordinator. This isn't his first rodeo against a talented Stroud. 

People forget he and Minter were the difference makers in beating Ohio State for Michigan.  McDonald is who we want for coach unless Ben Johnson is just that much better a head administrator.

Edited by Ghost of
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, bearrock said:

I hope you don't take any offense if I take the words of pretty much every reporters, coaches, and players talking up Morris over yours.  Still friends? (Or random co-posters on a message board?)

Name a coach who has had a PR campaign associated with him other than Raheem and EB? 

NFL teams like to hang  on to valuable assets. Raheem is not quite horrible enough to fire but not good enough to keep. Same as EB. Hence this PR blitz. 

At least with EB there was an element of unknown. With Morris there isn’t. It’s not even about opinions.  It’s about results. Raheem sucked as a head coach and is a very mediocre defensive coordinator and was not a very good DB coach. That’s based on objective results not some random fan fiction fantasy which is exactly what hiring him as a HC is based on. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I figured I'd come back in here and everyone would be on the MacDonald train.  LOL

I mean hes been a highly talked about candidate for a few months now

Houston with more penalties than points 

Just now, Warhead36 said:

I’m the resident Macdonald cheerleader. People’s obsession with offense is overlooking a potential great HC. He’s my #2

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

I’m the resident Macdonald cheerleader. People’s obsession with offense is overlooking a potential great HC. He’s my #2

Yeah Im warming up to him as well. He was my 3rd but he might be 2B to Slowik’s 2A. I still like Slowiks body of work this season and still prefer an offensive guy.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

#2 is exactly what we would be taking hiring a defensive guy when taking a qb with the top pick. 

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Houston with more penalties than points 

I know.  He's been on my list as my #2, then I was enamored with Slowik and moved him to #3.  When it's all said and done, I think ink a 10 year span D wins over O most of the time.  Thing is we have a O minded GM.  We can get either Ben Johnson, which is still my #1 or MacDonald, if available as he has to be considered #2 as there is more growing for Slowik but he'd climbing the chain fast.  Ben Johnson is ready.  :) I asked this time and time again and got no answer though.  IF we get Johnson, who will be our DC?  LOL

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

#2 is exactly what we would be taking hiring a defensive guy when taking a qb with the top pick. 

Idk after your Bezos guarantees now Im thinking were going defensive coach for sure.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Speaks volumes and put Ben Johnson's to rest too.  Makes you think!  I wonder what's going on in Adam Peters and Harris's mind right now.  LOL

9 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I figured I'd come back in here and everyone would be on the MacDonald train.  LOL

Ok let me jump on the bandwagon….

lets recreate Ravens 2.0.   MacDonald as HC, trade for Fields, trade #2 pick for more picks to load up on OL, TE, and Defense….

i like it more than taking the risk on Maye

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

Speaks volumes and put Ben Johnson's to rest too.  Makes you think!  I wonder what's going on in Adam Peters and Harris's mind right now.  LOL

The question is who has HC qualities? There is way more to it than just good Xs and Os. Can you lead men and manage/delegate your staff?

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Idk after your Bezos guarantees now Im thinking were going defensive coach for sure.

Dude Harris bought the team but it’s a front for Bezos to swoop in and get it since Snyder wouldn’t sell to him directly. 

Bezos owns the team and no one knows it yet. 

• Haha 2