Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

We got a whole lot of nothing out of that. And that is exactly what you should expect from a well run organization. Peters is an impressive person. Clearly not a rah rah guy. So I would think they go rah rah with the head coach. Or maybe I am reading too much into it.

Veteran Additions:
QB Brian Hoyer, QB Matt Barkley, RB Tim Hightower, FB Kyle Juszczyk, WR Pierre Garcon, WR Marquise Goodwin, WR Aldrick Robinson, TE Logan Paulsen, C Jeremy Zuttah, C Tim Barnes, DE/OLB Elvis Dumervil, OLB Dekoda Watson, OLB Malcolm Smith, ILB Brock Coyle, S Don Jones, K Robbie Gould.
Early Draft Picks:
DE Solomon Thomas, ILB Reuben Foster, CB Ahkello Witherspoon, QB C.J. Beathard, RB Joe Williams, TE George Kittle, WR Trent Taylor. 49ers Rookie Forecast

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

We got a whole lot of nothing out of that. And that is exactly what you should expect from a well run organization. Peters is an impressive person. Clearly not a rah rah guy. So I would think they go rah rah with the head coach. Or maybe I am reading too much into it.

The one word that stuck out to me was "Leadership" I don't call that a whole lot of nothing.  

• Like 1

Great interview Adam Peters showed, intelligence, wisdom, commitment, knowledge, and motivation. :815:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47zkio37ywzm09e04hi6

I hope next Friday virtual interview will end up with a virtual contract

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

This is a bit new to me on the HC front - we can virtually interview Ben Johnson, but we cannot officially hire or announce a hire until after (obviously) an in-person interview, and the Lions elimination from the playoffs. What risk is there, then, to wait this out until those two things can occur? If Johnson doesn't give us a handshake agreement and the Lions go to the Super Bowl ... and then he doesn't actually come on as a HC, that would keep us out of the race for several other options yeah? This happened with Bieniemy last year but I think that was more of an unexpected move for us. Just kind of curious what the implications are to waiting on someone making a deep playoff run. The same could be said for Slowik and McDaniel, too.

Just now, spjunkies said:

I thought that was a response regarding the search for a GM?

No, it was in reference to the HC hire. It's very modern corporate America, even though they have yet to request an interview with a woman for the job.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RWJ said:

The one word that stuck out to me was "Leadership" I don't call that a whole lot of nothing.  

Yeah I know I get goofed on some for pimping Keim.  But again who said the other day "leadership" is more important to this group than scheme -- of course Keim. :ols:

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, profusion said:

No, it was in reference to the HC hire. It's very modern corporate America, even though they have yet to request an interview with a woman for the job.

Makes sense, we do have a female on our current coaching staff so it does add up.

Supplement through free agency would be a smart answer either way, but there's a difference between supplementing when you go into an off-season with $20-30m in cap space, and supplementing when you have $80-90m in cap space. I have to think the answer can be somewhere in the middle.

We have to fill about 14-20 roster spots to make the Final 53. So clearly we have to add more than just draft picks. In a normal year I'd say yeah, clearly, add 4-5 FAs to supplement and then add 8-10 through the draft and UDFA cycle. But given we have a lot of roster spots to fill, I wonder if "supplementing through FA" means maybe 1-2 impact signings and a bunch of 1-2 year deals to plug some roster holes while we buy time and draft picks to build around. 

Of course, we could just do a bunch of 1 year deals and roll some of that cap space into next year. This is a multiple year restructuring of the roster. But I think some things will need to be prioritized in FA ... like finding a decent LB and ensuring your OL isn't a piece of swiss cheese heading into the draft.

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Build through the draft was certainly a decisive answer.  I beat he still sits there tonight thinking holy **** I’ve got 100mil to work with in free agency 😂

...and half a team of free agents. That 100 mil will go quick unfortunately. 

I wouldn’t necessarily hang too much on the draft/free agency comment just yet given we have great resource in both areas this offseason. 

However, the key move is clearly the #2 pick. I mean, if you want to build through the draft for 2 or 3 season then that pick has serious value.

• Like 1