Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

We need to hire Martindale asap....it will guarantee us 2 wins over NYG who we never beat. Just tell him to only blitz in practice when we put our new 4th string QB in, Cameron Cheeseman. 

Martindale sounds like the modern day Buddy Ryan and that's ****in exciting to me. Hire this man. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

We need to hire Martindale asap....it will guarantee us 2 wins over NYG who we never beat. Just tell him to only blitz in practice when we put our new 4th string QB in, Cameron Cheeseman. 

Martindale sounds like the modern day Buddy Ryan and that's ****in exciting to me. Hire this man. 

Hes a dinosaur. Id rather get a young up and comer. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

Why would anybody want a guy who's "agreed to part ways" with two different teams in the last 2 years?

I don't want that controversy here I want a fresh start where everybody is working together not some reality TV entertainment nonsense. 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Hes a dinosaur. Id rather get a young up and comer. 

Do you remember Jim Johnson for the Eagles and Monte Kiffin for Tampa? Both dinosaurs who were the best in the league at advanced ages. But if we can find a younger, aggressive, proven DC then bring him in for an interview too. All I know is I've seen Martindale completely frustrate Jalen Hurts, Sam Howell and even his own QB in camp who he supposedly brought to tears. I don't care if he's 100 years old, I'll take that all day long. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

Do you remember Jim Johnson for the Eagles and Monte Kiffin for Tampa? Both dinosaurs who were the best in the league at advanced ages. But if we can find a younger, aggressive, proven DC then bring him in for an interview too. All I know is I've seen Martindale completely frustrate Jalen Hurts, Sam Howell and even his own QB in camp who he supposedly brought to tears. I don't care if he's 100 years old, I'll take that all day long. 

I don't care about his age or any possible false perception that the game has passed him by.

I care about the fact that two teams in two years have parted ways with him, and not even a firing a "parting of ways" which always suggests turmoil and we know for a fact that with the giants that's exactly what it was.

It's time to put that **** behind us not welcome it in while we're transitioning to a new era.

6 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I don't care about his age or any possible false perception that the game has passed him by.

I care about the fact that two teams in two years have parted ways with him, and not even a firing a "parting of ways" which always suggests turmoil and we know for a fact that with the giants that's exactly what it was.

It's time to put that **** behind us not welcome it in while we're transitioning to a new era.

Just saw where the Jags are bringing him in for an interview this week. 

6 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Just saw where the Jags are bringing him in for an interview this week. 

I'm not saying he's plutonium, I'm sure some teams will look at him I'm just saying I'd rather bring in somebody who doesn't have the recent history of turmoil. 

One team sure maybe an outlier, but two that's a pattern.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

I'm not saying he's plutonium, I'm sure some teams will look at him I'm just saying I'd rather bring in somebody who doesn't have the recent history of turmoil. 

Technically Once An Accident, Twice A Coincidence, Three Times A Pattern.

• Like 1

Caught Keim on Bram's show.

He does think they are super interested in Ben Johnson.  He believes Johnson is the #1 target for most of teams looking for coaches. But again he hit the point that other teams might give him more control.   And Ben might like some other situations better.

And just because they are interested doesn't mean it just happens.  Also, you never know how the interviews go so how can you predict how it shakes out pre interview? 

Bram seems to think they land Ben Johnson. 

Keim said he hasn't heard yet about any interest in Vrabel

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Caught Keim on Bram's show.

He does think they are super interested in Ben Johnson.  He believes Johnson is the #1 target for most of teams looking for coaches. But again hit the point that other teams might give him more control.   And Ben might like some other situations better.

But just because they are interested doesn't mean it just happens.  Also, you never know how the interviews go. 

Bram seems to think they land Ben Johnson. 

I go back to Rick having his brother Chris in the Lion's organization and between Chris, Rick, the advisory team, Irving Johnson etc. they get a deal done with Ben Johnson.  We got Peters done and not a single other team interviewed him.  Harris and Co. are on a mission and they WILL complete it.  Just say "Yes".  

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I go back to Rick having his brother Chris in the Lion's organization and between Chris, Rick, the advisory team, Irving Johnson etc. they get a deal done with Ben Johnson.  We got Peters done and not a single other team interviewed him.  Harris and Co. are on a mission and they WILL complete it.  Just say "Yes".  

I've listened to enough of Keim on this to get a vibe on this.    And the vibe is its a wild card if Ben Johnson believes this is this best place for him and it looks like every team is going to interview him so how can we count on him choosing here over every other place?  Especially on the chance if other teams are willing to throw him more power?  The good thing with Peters is he only interviewed with us.  It won't be the same with Ben Johnson.

As to the Slowik-Johnson debate here.  At a minimum I think Slowik comes off as the easier get -- Johnson is the one in heavier demand, clearly.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've listened to enough of Keim on this to get a vibe on this.    And the vibe is its a wild card if Ben Johnson believes this is this best place and it looks like every team is going to interview him so how can we count on him choosing here over every other place.  The good thing with Peters is he only interviewed with us.

As to the Slowik-Johnson debate here.  At a minimum I think Slowik comes off as the easier get -- Johnson is the one in heavier demand, clearly.

We got the best available GM in the NFL, SIP!  No other team interviewed him. To me that speaks volumes.  I think the same for Ben Johnson, IF he's been the target for Harris.  I believe so and I think we will know the answer to that soon after we know that he's interviewed with us.  Timeline:  Within 2 to 3 days after the interview.  JMO.  :)  *** My only concern is getting a Bonafide, legit DC.  

Edited by RWJ

39 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Did he leave Baltimore under conditions of turmoil? I don't know the story there. 

27 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've listened to enough of Keim on this to get a vibe on this.    And the vibe is its a wild card if Ben Johnson believes this is this best place for him and it looks like every team is going to interview him so how can we count on him choosing here over every other place?  Especially on the chance if other teams are willing to throw him more power?  The good thing with Peters is he only interviewed with us.  It won't be the same with Ben Johnson.

Always appreesh the intel Skip but I'm starting to worry for Keim as you follow him all over the net....just hope John doesn't flip his car in the snow and end up in your log cabin one day. LOL

image.png.bf5acaff1d336573a2b74b86b3477dd3.png

Edited by RabidFan
  • Haha 6

37 minutes ago, RWJ said:

We got the best available GM in the NFL, SIP!  No other team interviewed him. To me that speaks volumes.  I think the same for Ben Johnson, IF he's been the target for Harris.  I believe so and I think we will know the answer to that soon after we know that he's interviewed with us.  Timeline:  Within 2 to 3 days after the interview.  JMO.  :)  *** My only concern is getting a Bonafide, legit DC.  

image.gif.02c0e62b757a3507136f0220b62ad3bb.gif

Josh Harris when he wants to make a hire 👆

Edited by Rex Tomb
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Did he leave Baltimore under conditions of turmoil? I don't know the story there. 

Neither do I, the reports were "agreed to part ways" so I said that usually means there's something behind the scenes we don't know about and of course with new york there is no ambiguity, we know what happened there.

Something is happening with him far too frequently that's making teams want to move on.

4 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Neither do I, the reports were "agreed to part ways" so I said that usually means there's something behind the scenes we don't know about and of course with new york there is no ambiguity, we know what happened there.

Something is happening with him far too frequently that's making teams want to move on.

Here is what I found:

Per Ebony Bird:

Martindale received his fair share of interviews during his time in Baltimore, but none of them resulted in a job offer. Reports indicated that Martindale believed his best chance of securing a head coach job would be to step out of Harbaugh's shadow and leave Baltimore.

Just now, kingdaddy said:

Here is what I found:

Per Ebony Bird:

Martindale received his fair share of interviews during his time in Baltimore, but none of them resulted in a job offer. Reports indicated that Martindale believed his best chance of securing a head coach job would be to step out of Harbaugh's shadow and leave Baltimore.

Sounds familiar. 

I still don't want him when there are plenty of options of guys who don't bring any baggage even it was only one team where there was animosity. 

• Thumb down 1

2 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Sounds familiar. 

I still don't want him when there are plenty of options of guys who don't bring any baggage even it was only one team where there was animosity. 

Hearing he wants to be a head coach sounds concerning in and of itself....Maybe that had something to do with what happened in NY? Ha, ha, if he's blitzing in practice to make Daboll's offense look bad you can understand the animosity. It's Buddy Ryan and Ditka all over again.