Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Again, JMO.  I would put more trust in the tweets and videos coming from national NFL analyst and correspondent, Adam Schefter than Ian Rappoport.  JMO, SIP.  :)  

13 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Again, JMO.  I would put more trust in the tweets and videos coming from national NFL analyst and correspondent, Adam Schefter than Ian Rappoport.  JMO, SIP.  :)  

Agreed and isn’t Pedro a YouTuber? With a huge following… which if he is doesn’t necessarily equate to garnering national news.. I think Quinn is a fine coach but he’s like 4-5th down the pecking order for me to be our next HC.. I have Anthony Weaver Ass/DL Coach of the Ravens ahead of him….I’m hoping this info is wrong 

Edited by Command The 414
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

Agreed and isn’t Pedro a YouTuber? With a huge following… which if he is doesn’t necessarily equate to garnering national news.. I think Quinn is a fine coach but he’s like 4-5th down the pecking order for me to be our next HC.. I have Anthony Weaver Ass/DL Coach of the Ravens ahead of him….I’m hoping this info is wrong 

Yes, spot on!  Pedro is one of those "spotlight" guy I have mentioned.  They are a dime a dozen but no one can overtake my boy, Rick Snider.  LOL.  Dude is entertaining in his own offbeat way.  He's been around for a long time.  God Bless him and all of them.  They try.  Got to make a living, right?  :)  

• Thumb up 1

21 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Ian Rappoport is a national NFL analyst.

He’s misinformed here, I think. But… 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Ian Rappoport is a national NFL analyst.

He’s misinformed here, I think. But… 

I know Ian is, KDawg but he's %$^# up a few times in his breaking news and I don't put as much merit on his info as I do, Adam.  Adam is the best, IMO.  

57 minutes ago, RWJ said:

My response on this is not directed towards you, cls. :)  We cool!  No, no and no!  Raheem had his chances to be HC.  To me, he is a forever good to very good DC and nothing more.  

I don’t think this fair. He was way too young when he got that job and I’m sure learned a lot. He’s been a great DC and literally everybody that works with him loves him. He deserves to and will be a HC again. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

20 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Yes, spot on!  Pedro is one of those "spotlight" guy I have mentioned.  They are a dime a dozen but no one can overtake my boy, Rick Snider.  LOL.  Dude is entertaining in his own offbeat way.  He's been around for a long time.  God Bless him and all of them.  They try.  Got to make a living, right?  :)  

I actually subscribe to Ricks page, I love when he does vids in his vehicle and uses the horn … his and Ref the District are to 2 I subscribe too… anything else and I kinda think anything coming from them is just opinion (hey which is fine and entertaining) just at my age (52 😝) I just can’t get into the young men… who a lot  of them have never experienced a winning team like I did growing up in the 80s and 90s. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

I actually subscribe to Ricks page, I love when he does vids in his vehicle and uses the horn … his and Ref the District are to 2 I subscribe too… anything else and I kinda think anything coming from them is just opinion (hey which is fine and entertaining) just at my age (52 😝) I just can’t get into the young men… who a lot  of them have never experienced a winning team like I did growing up in the 80s and 90s. 

I'm with ya, C414.  Rick is one-of-a-kind entertainment.  I'm knocking on the 60 door which is soon to open in a few weeks.  😆

• Thumb up 1

Just now, RWJ said:

I'm with ya, C414.  Rick is one-of-a-kind entertainment.  I'm knocking on the 60 door which is soon to open in a few weeks.  😆

Well we are definitely deserving of a revisiting to some glory days at our age which still is young 😉.. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Might not be personnel control, might be something like he can pick his GM.  Main reason why I bring it up was Keim when saying why he might choose elsewhere referencing he might get more power-say elsewhere. 

Tepper's reputation has been slaughtered by the media.  I get it.  He's perceived to be a joke.  But some national reporters disagree that everyone sees his spot as unattractive.

I don't know.  I am just not in the camp that a desperate owner who is rich and is used to getting what he wants really really really wants a specific HC has no shot especially considering it's Ben's home state. 

I could certainly see how a candidate with lots of options would want to know who the GM is and maybe have an opinion on that. 

In fact knowing who the GM is/is going to be would absolutely be something I would want to know before I accepted an offer. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MisterPinstripe said:

I'm not for Quinn at all personally, but same could be said for Kyle Shanahan as the playcaller.

Either way, it was just ridiculous. I kept saying before they started losing yardage to just kick the FG and Atlanta should win the SB. Not only that but where they were they could have just run the ball and let the clock run down. But no, they wanted to set up passing plays. Pissed me off.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

You’d rather listen to guys who have no connections and no clue what they’re talking about because they witnessed the glory years, than someone who might actually have a source with a heartbeat? 

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Rappoport in a segment a few minutes ago mentioned Ben Johnson being a hot candidate with this team and Carolina.

As soon as Detroit loses a game, he's coming here. I hope that isn't until after the SB.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Conn said:

You’d rather listen to guys who have no connections and no clue what they’re talking about because they witnessed the glory years, than someone who might actually have a source with a heartbeat? 

If that’s how you feel about Rick and Ref The District then yeah I guess I do… and has nothing to do with glory days mentality but everything to do with presentation and deliverance of what they are talking about. I can’t get into a guy who every other word out of his mouth is the F word or some other sort of cussing and can’t get into the ppl who think whatever they say is Bible as many do.

I won’t mention this persons name that has a huge YouTube Following but I met him 2 years ago in the Red Lot Parking Lot where I park and tailgate but he was definitely not the person you see behind the camera, his videos have him in the parking lots walking around asking questions and what not seemly having a chill time, but when he was walking and I called out his name he stopped and as I went to shake his hand you would have thought I had the plague or something, was shocked to be honest and I said how I enjoy his Channel and all he could mustard up to say was “who you got today” and while answering he was walking away, since then I unfollowed his page and won’t even waste my time watching his videos… even the company I was with said wow he’s a bit standoffish isn’t he…. 

• Thumb up 1

On 1/13/2024 at 6:05 AM, Skinsinparadise said:

Don't know that he has the "same" level of that compared to Snyder.  I know from watching CNBC over the years some actually think he's a nice guy and like him.  But clearly he has some douche qualities.  But Dan was so epically bad in so many ways, that is tough for me to correlate that any current version of this dude is the worst owner matches Dan's worse.  Dan is likely going to go down as an all timer.

Overall, Tepper strikes me as a typical I am a billonaire so I know everything including football.  Has that in common with Dan. Also the impatience.  I don't get the vibe he's as stupid as Dan.  He's obsessed with getting an edge via analytics, etc so he's not a decade behind like Dan was.  From what I've read he's willing to spend on scouting and other variables to get an edge something Dan was unwilling to do.   But he clearly is no scout.  And he interferes where he shouldn't.

I am not disagreeing he's a bad owner.  But I don't think he's even in the ball park of Dan level bad.  I don't think anyone is.   Also like Dan benefitted early in his tenure from the false sell that he's learning and changing -- Tepper can try to sell that, too. 

I do agree that this is the worst time for Tepper to sell that job.  And I do agree he's the underdog.  But Ben Johnson is from North Carolina.  If you couple that with Tepper offering him something outrageous -- I'd think he has a fighting chance, i don't dismiss him completely.  Maybe that's my own fear talking because I want Johnson.  :ols:

Such an interesting topic.

I think the big issues with Snyder for us, and in general were:

1. He wasn't talented. There's very little evidence that he was talented to begin with, and more the beneficiary of duplicitous methods and timing during the tech boom. When you look at his business dealings, he seemed to have some shady d bag marketing company that was successful, bought the team and literally every outside venture he did after that (the most notorious being his totally inept stewardship of six flags (really comically crazy, like sitcom level stupid ideas-mattress sales at six flags?!?!?!) as well as his leadership of the team was complete and utter appalling horse ----. It was like that old comedian's bit, imagining a business tycoon who was behind every famous failure of "name businesses" in the 80's and '90s, Teddy Ruxpin, hey, everybody loves disney's mouse, lets do a rat, with chuck e cheese, hey, people have been buying cell phones, lets buy all the rights to phone booth's, people are streaming, lets buy that distressed asset blockbuster. Just unbelievably inept business decisions. While he's smart, it seems like a con artist's shady smarts, not like an innovator's smarts, just edge's for pennies smarts. 

2. He was the --- damn owner for 24 years. TWENTY FOUR YEARS!!! When he finally announced he was selling, he'd been the owner for exactly half of my life (I was 48 when he announced and later sold). Tepper's been around for what, 5 or 6 seasons? Panthers fans need to multiply that misery times 4 before they can even touch Snyder.

3. He was a colossal d bag piece of excrement. Hell, I can recall walking to my local fruitvale bar in the summer of '99 listening to sports talk radio talking about his mass firings of employees whod been around since George Allen. After that the stories just multiplied, every year, ever more, and the fan base was forced to be defensive of him early on because media arguments were idiotic rather than on point (serioulsly, defending poor Norv, whod been directing a crap team since 1994, and had 7 seasons, and was only still in place in 2000 because there wasn't stable ownership to fire him during the 0-7 start of the '98 season). So people probably forget but there was a time circa 1999-2002ish that people defended Snyder because one of the core arguments against him was the least convincing imaginable (that he'd somehow done, the equally inept and hopeless Norv Turner, wrong). But the fact remained, he was a little napolean, duplicitous, delusional, entitled piece of human excrement, always. It was orders of magnitude crazier to learn that he was also, a sexual harrasser or worse, and just like Mad Men era level stupid about how to treat and handle women under his employ. 

4. He never learned a damn thing ever and actually became an increasingly worse owner over time, having never actually been a good, or even average owner.

Tepper's basically bungled a big trade, fired a couple of coaches too soon, had outsized unreasonable expectation, and not surprisingly, lacked the common touch with fans? The dude literally has to do about 10,000 more ---- things and do them over the course of 4 different decades (admittedly Snyder was only around for six months of the nineties, and 3 years of this past decade but it sure as hell felt longer) to even begin to approach the Snyder tier and still not be in it. It's clear the media wants their new snyder. He aint it, yet, he's just a ---- head. Snyder was a whole lot worse than that, orders of magnitude worse. 

• Like 2

On 1/13/2024 at 5:22 AM, Andre The Giant said:

Will be interesting to see if he's good, or just a talented motivator. He did go 5-4 with Aidan O'Connell behind center which is pretty wild, and the roster is a bit of a mess with pieces around but mostly garbage. Coaching that to .500 after a 3-5 start aint half bad, but they also beat nobody, save KC during their run.  So I don't know. I could think of worse hires, but I have no clue if he's inclined towards innovative ideas on the offensive and defensive end, or more old school in approach. If its the latter, its a mistake. 

9 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

Such an interesting topic.

I think the big issues with Snyder for us, and in general were:

1. He wasn't talented. There's very little evidence that he was talented to begin with, and more the beneficiary of duplicitous methods and timing during the tech boom. When you look at his business dealings, he seemed to have some shady d bag marketing company that was successful, bought the team and literally every outside venture he did after that (the most notorious being his totally inept stewardship of six flags (really comically crazy, like sitcom level stupid ideas-mattress sales at six flags?!?!?!) as well as his leadership of the team was complete and utter appalling horse ----. It was like that old comedian's bit, imagining a business tycoon who was behind every famous failure of "name businesses" in the 80's and '90s, Teddy Ruxpin, hey, everybody loves disney's mouse, lets do a rat, with chuck e cheese, hey, people have been buying cell phones, lets buy all the rights to phone booth's, people are streaming, lets buy that distressed asset blockbuster. Just unbelievably inept business decisions. While he's smart, it seems like a con artist's shady smarts, not like an innovator's smarts, just edge's for pennies smarts. 

2. He was the --- damn owner for 24 years. TWENTY FOUR YEARS!!! When he finally announced he was selling, he'd been the owner for exactly half of my life (I was 48 when he announced and later sold). Tepper's been around for what, 5 or 6 seasons? Panthers fans need to multiply that misery times 4 before they can even touch Snyder.

3. He was a colossal d bag piece of excrement. Hell, I can recall walking to my local fruitvale bar in the summer of '99 listening to sports talk radio talking about his mass firings of employees whod been around since George Allen. After that the stories just multiplied, every year, ever more, and the fan base was forced to be defensive of him early on because media arguments were idiotic rather than on point (serioulsly, defending poor Norv, whod been directing a crap team since 1994, and had 7 seasons, and was only still in place in 2000 because there wasn't stable ownership to fire him during the 0-7 start of the '98 season). So people probably forget but there was a time circa 1999-2002ish that people defended Snyder because one of the core arguments against him was the least convincing imaginable (that he'd somehow done, the equally inept and hopeless Norv Turner, wrong). But the fact remained, he was a little napolean, duplicitous, delusional, entitled piece of human excrement, always. It was orders of magnitude crazier to learn that he was also, a sexual harrasser or worse, and just like Mad Men era level stupid about how to treat and handle women under his employ. 

4. He never learned a damn thing ever and actually became an increasingly worse owner over time, having never actually been a good, or even average owner.

Tepper's basically bungled a big trade, fired a couple of coaches too soon, had outsized unreasonable expectation, and not surprisingly, lacked the common touch with fans? The dude literally has to do about 10,000 more ---- things and do them over the course of 4 different decades (admittedly Snyder was only around for six months of the nineties, and 3 years of this past decade but it sure as hell felt longer) to even begin to approach the Snyder tier and still not be in it. It's clear the media wants their new snyder. He aint it, yet, he's just a ---- head. Snyder was a whole lot worse than that, orders of magnitude worse. 

• Haha 1

The Rapoports and Shefters of the world probably spend this part of the season giving back to those who help them during the season so we should probably take everything with a grain of salt, there could be some calculated fluff in some of these reports.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

If that’s how you feel about Rick and Ref The District then yeah I guess I do… and has nothing to do with glory days mentality but everything to do with presentation and deliverance of what they are talking about. I can’t get into a guy who every other word out of his mouth is the F word or some other sort of cussing and can’t get into the ppl who think whatever they say is Bible as many do

Are reporters and employed podcast hosts cussing on their professional products? lol I really don’t know, but I doubt it. If you’re talking about random fan accounts/bloggers on twitter, yeah I could see that. I just don’t think Snider has said anything insightful since probably 2004. To each their own. 

Edited by Conn