Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

28 minutes ago, CommDownMan said:

I think we have a shot at trading back from one of the 2nds like 10 spots since the 1st is highly unlikely.   My thought was we'd get a 3rd, but maybe we should do several trades and stockpile 5ths.  Haha

He nails it and people still **** about every pick?  

Jauan Jennings would be an nice piece to bring to DC with AP. The Niners can spare him as a parting gift. 

• Like 1

There is no debate that our situation is vastly superior to Carolina, but we saw Dan out-kick the coverage when he brought in Rivera.

Crazy money and unreasonable power at the HC spot is an alluring draw. Tepper will be able to draw somebody he probably shouldn't have access to with that offer, whether its Ben or not. There is probably a 95% chance he out-kicks his own coverage w/ his HC search, its just a question of by how far.

27 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Hopefully they can land Johnson but I think the bozo in Carolina is going to break the bank for him.

Carolina is smoking ALL the crack.  I dont think there's a number high enough.  They're gonna wind up with somebody's assistant TEs coach.  Somebody will take the job, won't be anybody with real options.  Hell, might be Bieniemy's only shot to be a HC.  

• Thumb up 1

Who knows who we get but I'm sure he'll get a good one.  I think if Harbaugh jumps to Chargers, that takes out a big perceived competitor for any of the sought after ones.

Edited by HigSkin
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

There is no debate that our situation is vastly superior to Carolina, but we saw Dan out-kick the coverage when he brought in Rivera.

Crazy money and unreasonable power at the HC spot is an alluring draw. Tepper will be able to draw somebody he probably shouldn't have access to with that offer, whether its Ben or not. There is probably a 95% chance he out-kicks his own coverage w/ his HC search, its just a question of by how far.

Did he though?  I don't recall Rivera really being in demand when we hired him.  He certainly wasn't a "hot" candidate around the league.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

This has been refuted

Too late though, its already making the rounds on social.  It's now an indisputable fact to 99% of the people that read it.  lol

Got to go all in for Johnson, seems like the only move for me that fits with the remit of reinventing ourselves. 

Vrabel is an excellent coach. He’d probably be my fallback, but I’d be quite uninspired by that move now. Feels like we need a different dynamic. 

Plus Williams is looking to play for a young offensive minded coach. All fits perfectly.

• Thanks 2

Catching up with Keim's podcast.  Not much we don't know.

A.  Peters is a great scout.  But he's also great with players, they like him.  Agents like him.  That matters as for how players-agents see things.  And lol sorry I know he's the devil to some here but Keim mentioned that was one of Scot McCloughan's attributes here.  Going on a sidebar, I recall the rumors that Bruce didn't like that Scot was liked and Bruce wasn't.

B.  He said slow the roll on Ben Johnson.  He said he's heard great things about Ben but he's not a slam dunk as to wanting to come here.  And the interviews with all coaching prospects will be factors.  Keim didn't say he's not getting this job but suggested its up in the air from what he's heard.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Catching up with Keim's podcast.  Not much we don't know.

A.  Peters is a great scout.  But he's also great with players, they like him.  Agents like him.  That matters as for how players-agents see things.  And lol sorry I know he's the devil to some here but Keim mentioned that was one of Scot McCloughan's attributes here.  Going on a sidebar, I recall the rumors that Bruce didn't like that Scot was liked and Bruce wasn't.

B.  He said slow the roll on Ben Johnson.  He said he's heard great things about Ben but he's not a slam dunk as to wanting to come here.  And the interviews with all coaching prospects will be factors.

Must've been a short show. 😂

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Who knows who we get but I'm sure he'll get a good one.  I think if Harbaugh jumps to Chargers, that takes out a big perceived competitor for any of the sought after ones.

Speaking of Harbaugh he's personally high on my list. He's won everywhere he's gone, but I know its a long shot. Sounds like he's headed back west. I'd be happy with Johnson,  Slowik, or Weaver. Any of those guys would be a great hire from everything I've read. I do hope we at least get to interview Harbaugh though. 

• Like 2

This is interesting and speaks to the Snyderesk way of over paying for staff because you can't lure big talent with your org.

David Tepper spent a good amount of time with Johnson's agent at the owners meeting 12/16 and Josina Anderson came out with that tweet Johnson is expecting around $15 mil a year on 12/21 then refuted by his agent.  Did Tepper want that salary demand to come out and scare other teams off? 

Who knows but feels fishy.

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2023/12/16/panthers-hc-search-david-tepper-ben-johnson-agent-league-meetings/

Carolina owner David Tepper has said he wants his next coach to be there for the next 20 to 30 years, so that alone would eliminate the 71-year-old Belichick. (Tepper is expected to make another run at Lions offensive coordinator Ben Johnson, and the billionaire spent a good amount of time with Johnson’s agent at this week’s league meetings.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HigSkin said:

This is interesting and speaks to the Snyderesk way of over paying for staff because you can't lure big talent with your org.

David Tepper spent a good amount of time with Johnson's agent at the owners meeting 12/16 and Josina Anderson came out with that tweet Johnson is expecting around $15 mil a year on 12/21 then refuted by his agent.  Did Tepper want that salary demand to come out and scare other teams off? 

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2023/12/16/panthers-hc-search-david-tepper-ben-johnson-agent-league-meetings/

Carolina owner David Tepper has said he wants his next coach to be there for the next 20 to 30 years, so that alone would eliminate the 71-year-old Belichick. (Tepper is expected to make another run at Lions offensive coordinator Ben Johnson, and the billionaire spent a good amount of time with Johnson’s agent at this week’s league meetings.)

It also feels like breaking the rules.  Isn't that seen as tampering by the league?  Floating a $ amount out there seems violating the spirit of the cap (or something... F you Mara!)

6 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I've never worked for a billionaire.  But I've worked for my share of multi millionaires -- 8 figures.  And some of them are just convinced they will get their way whatever it is in a negotiation including doing what it takes, overpaying, etc.  I can just imagine with billionaries.

Dan even while was unpopular had a spell where he'd overpay and for coaches offer control. He'd give more than others were willing to give. Heck Marty said he'd never work for Dan but then changed gears after a big payday and control.

Keim specifically mentioned in his podcast what if Ben wants some power-control and if that's a variable in the mix.

I think we likely get Ben Johnson if we want him but am not in the camp that Tepper has no shot.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

It also feels like breaking the rules.  Isn't that seen as tampering by the league?  Floating a $ amount out there seems violating the spirit of the cap (or something... F you Mara!)

I think the only thing we really know is that teams talk to agents all the time.

I'm not a big fan of Vrabel.  Some of the stories I heard about him getting chesty with his own players like he was going to try and fight them make him seem too volatile and childish.  I want someone with a level head running the show.  I also don't think he has any idea about how to build an innovative offense or develop a young QB prospect.  He wouldn't be on my list of candidates at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've never worked for a billionaire. 

I did once when I was a kid, almost killed him too.

Was working in a warehouse running a pallet truck and I was at the end of an aisle when I hit water which is like ice to a pallet truck.

Shot straight out of the aisle where Rick Cohen was walking by, missed him by inches.

Surprisingly he wasn't even pissed.

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I don't understand why people think Tepper/Carolina has no shot?

Ben Johnson is from Carolina, went to UNC and has supposedly said his dream was to coach for his hometown team one day

Tepper can offer him more power and personnel control than we can and should. If he wants a Rivera like situation, we should not give it to him. It was a disaster letting Rivera have that much control. 

The only coaches in the league that get paid 15 million were Bill B and maybe Harbaugh might get that. If Ben Johnson wants that as a rookie head coach? No. 

Edited by ThatNFLChick
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I don't understand why people think Tepper/Carolina has no shot?

Ben Johnson is from Carolina, went to UNC and has supposedly said his dream was to coach for his hometown team one day

Tepper can offer him more power and personnel control than we can't and shouldn't. If he wants a Rivera like situation, we should not give it to him. It was a disaster letting Rivera have that much control. 

The only coaches in the league that get paid 15 million were Bill B and maybe Harbaugh might get that. If Ben Johnson wants that as a rookie head coach? No. 

I'm not sure there are people who think he has no shot just that their situation is not anywhere near as appealing as ours so they're an underdog, kind of like how we'd have been 5 years ago trying to get a top young coach over the 49ers.

Johnson did also turn them down last year, which doesn't mean he won't go there, he might have just not wanted to be a head coach yet but it's another sign he may not want to go there.