Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

I really have a lot of respect for Josh Harris. 

1) He's a man of his word. He told RR he would not fire him during the season and he kept his word. Not all owners would do that.

2) He puts a plan together and follows through. It wasn't some haphazard search for a GM but a thought out plan that shows he put a lot of work into it.

3) He's not afraid to spend money. Unlike another owner I refuse to name.

4) He loves this team and its fans and wants to build a solid foundation.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 9

Albert Breer on The Herd kind of related to Ben Johnson competition -

• Thinks everything lines up for Belichick to go to Atlanta
  • Thinks the right place for Harbaugh is Chargers and they just interviewed a Giants FO guy for GM who Harbaugh has a good relationship with
  • Adam Peters might kick the tires on Vrabel but keep an eye on Raiders for Vrabel.  Brady's involvement there and he knows Vrabel well

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CapsSkins said:

If we get Ben Johnson, a former UNC QB, I have to think they target the 6’ 4”, 230 lb, young 21/22 year old UNC QB Drake Maye at 2 overall. Makes too much sense.

O maybe they don't draft him cuz they have better inside info. Can only help in player evals come late April when they have to make a choice at #2. If they're still picking at #2...... 

• Thumb up 1

This is very similar to the euphoria I felt when NBC4 reported that Joe Gibbs was coming back in 2004.  I haven’t shed a tear yet, but the feeling is the same.

It’s surreal that we’ve went from among the least desirable franchises with absolutely no hope, to a desirable professional outfit that goes out and lands the biggest fish for the most important non-playing position in all of pro sports.

It’s like a fairy tale, and I never want it to end.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

😂

You know, HigSkin and yes, my disclamier to you.  I not hitting you with this.  You know I think the world of you!  Love your posts and SIP's too.  I ain't shy to put it out there.  I think you think the same of Rick "2 Minute" Snider.  He tries.  He's not one looking for the spotlight (JP, Florio, and the rest of them who know who they are).  Fella really tries.  I like listening to him.  He doesn't ramble to listen to himself.  Go get' em Rick!  You alright in my book "2 Minutes"!  :) 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

You know, HigSkin and yes, my disclamier to you.  I not hitting you with this.  You know I think the world of you!  Love your posts and SIP's too.  I ain't shy to put it out there.  I think you think the same of Rick "2 Minute" Snider.  He tries.  He's not one looking for the spotlight (JP, Florio, and the rest of them who know who they are).  Fella really tries.  I like listening to him.  He doesn't ramble to listen to himself.  Go get' em Rick!  You alright in my book "2 Minutes"!  :) 

Oh my, you are Rick aren’t you ? The cover is blown RWJ.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Oh my, you are Rick aren’t you ? The cover is blown RWJ.

Now wait a minute!  Let me send you my picture and you'll know exactly who I am:  

image.png.b719d414c84e718eecf112588a83c1ae.png

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

And you can bet your rear end that 1.02 slot pick, along with a top 4 selection in every single round was a HUGE selling point in getting Peters in here. If we're sitting 1.07-1.11 like we were two months ago, this team is far less attractive. Nothing worse than late season wins in a lost season. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Yeah I don't have a beef with Rick.  Some others here do.  Comes off like a nice guy.  And I am a history buff and love pizza so I got those things in common with him.:ols:

My issue with him is no doubt he long ago was connected to the team and had good sources but clearly not today.  He was exposed some more on that front when some random fan months before the sale happened started the rumor on twitter that it was happening that night.  So Rick kicks in saying he hears the same.    Stuff like that.  

And then as things progressed, he was basically quoting Keim without giving him credit.  So he comes off as a dude who isn't plugged in at all but wants others to think he is.

If he just stuck to talking about the team from an historic perspective, I think he'd be on point.

9 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

And you can bet your rear end that 1.02 slot pick, along with a top 4 selection in every single round was a HUGE selling point in getting Peters in here. If we're sitting 1.07-1.11 like we were two months ago, this team is far less attractive. Nothing worse than late season wins in a lost season. 

No doubt.  That's been mentioned plenty in the process. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah I don't have a beef with Rick.  Some others here do.  Comes off like a nice guy.  And am a history buff and love pizza so I got those things in common with him.

My issue with him is no doubt he long ago was connected to the team and had good sources but clearly not today.  He was exposed some more on that front when some random fan months before the sale happened started the rumor on twitter that it was happening that night.  So Rick kicks in hearing he hears the same.    Stuff like that.  

And then as things progressed, he was basically quoting Keim without giving him credit.  So he comes off as a dude who isn't plugged in at all but wants others to think he is.

If he just stuck to talking about the team from an historic perspective, I think he'd be on point.

Nailed it, SIP!  Nailed it!  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If you look at rushing attempts per game, 7 of the top 10 teams are in the playoffs, and 2 of the other three that didn't make it came close.  So running the ball isn't exactly some clownshow move.  And I get you are out on Bieniemy now but hung in there with him for a chunk of the season -- I still think he'd be your guy if that's a key driver with you because that dude was really over the top in preferring the pass.

Johnson is more famous ironically for his passing game.  Played QB.  Coached QBs. 

Kyle's offense if that's who Slowik adapts is heavy run oriented.

The Lions rushed the ball 500 times.  The 49ers 499.  Texans 439.  

I think the better way of looking at it, however, is how good the teams were at running the ball.  

The Ravens were the best, 4.9 yards per rush, which is absolutely astounding over 541 rushes.  That's a total of 2,661 yards rushing.  They passed the ball 494 times for 3,881 yards. 7.9 yards per attempt.  

The 49ers ran the ball 499 times for 4.6 yards per attempt, 2,311 rush yards.  They passed the ball 491 times for an incredible 4,577 yards, 9.3 yards per attempt.  They're basically even.  

I'd argue the Ravens are a run first team, but the 49ers are just balanced.  They can do both, they mesh both together, and they are really good. 

My argument is more I think Ben Johnson gets into a "run run run" rut.  Just like EB got into a pass-pass-pass rut.  There isn't really a statistic for that, they have more passing attempts than rushing attempts over the year.  But that's what I saw when I watched the games.  Especially early.  

We'll see.  I'd be happy with either.  

I do think the Johnson offense is easier to stop.  And I'll concede, that might be because Stoud might already be better than Goff.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

My argument is more I think Ben Johnson gets into a "run run run" rut.  Just like EB got into a pass-pass-pass rut.  There isn't really a statistic for that, they have more passing attempts than rushing attempts over the year.  But that's what I saw when I watched the games.  Especially early.  

We'll see.  I'd be happy with either.  

I do think the Johnson offense is easier to stop.  And I'll concede, that might be because Stoud might already be better than Goff.  

Excellent points.

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

All this time I thought Jerry Jones was the GM of the Cowboys. I didn't know anything about McClay. It makes sense now that Jerry has someone in place like McClay.

Edited by RVAskins
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

This is very similar to the euphoria I felt when NBC4 reported that Joe Gibbs was coming back in 2004.  I haven’t shed a tear yet, but the feeling is the same.

Not for me. I'm happy today, and I think it was a good move and all that jazz.  And we're finally a team that has a chance to go get a guy who is coveted across the league, that's new and different.

Joe was different.  Granted, this could be because of age.  From when I was 7 to 17, we went to 4 SBs, won 3, and went to a 5th NFC Championship game.  Joe was an icon.  Joe returning to take over a franchise that had floundered for the 12 years since he left was iconic.  

I don't think it is even close, for me, on the emotional level.  And that isn't because today isn't great, it's because of what that announcement in 2004 was all about.  

To each their own and I'm not trying to yuk anybody's yum.  Just for me it's entirely different.  

• Like 1