Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things 2023 Playoffs and Schedule

kleese

21 hours ago, method man said:

It makes it all so sad losing to the Bears and Giants

Yeah for me it doesn't matter really what this team does from here out, these 2 losses should be the nail in the coffin for this staff. Both were embarrassing losses that would never happen to a competent staff, in my mind there's no coming back from those two.

47 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Highly unlikely Minnesota continues to win games.  

Likely a 3 way battle of mediocre between Atlanta, Tampa and Washington for that final spot.  I don’t see the first 6 spots changing by year end, barring any crazy injuries to QBs.  Maybe a flip flop in the South.

ATL is such a mismanaged team. However, I was watching their game and there was an infographic that they have one of the easiest SOS’s left.

This week is our chance to REALLY insert ourselves into the race. If we beat Seattle, then the 6 seed absolutely becomes in-play as we’d own the tie-breaker with the Seahawks. 

If we lose in Seattle and then beat the Giants, I would guess at that point it would be 7 seed or bust, 5-6 going into Dallas on Thanksgiving. 

It’s still really early to target rooting interests, but Minnesota is probably the one to watch most closely currently. We should root for Saints to win the South as we own tie-breaker with Falcons. Vikings are in big time QB trouble, but the schedule is easy. Saints play at Minny this week and I would say root for NOLA. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, kleese said:

This week is our chance to REALLY insert ourselves into the race. If we beat Seattle, then the 6 seed absolutely becomes in-play as we’d own the tie-breaker with the Seahawks. 

If we lose in Seattle and then beat the Giants, I would guess at that point it would be 7 seed or bust, 5-6 going into Dallas on Thanksgiving. 

It’s still really early to target rooting interests, but Minnesota is probably the one to watch most closely currently. We should root for Saints to win the South as we own tie-breaker with Falcons. Vikings are in big time QB trouble, but the schedule is easy. Saints play at Minny this week and I would say root for NOLA. 

This is true , there’s a good chance we do make the Wild card this year.

We are the type of team they feast on but the Seahawks were a frontrunning fraud last year that finished the season weak and it is lining up the same for them this year. 

Look at who they have beaten. Their only impressive win is the Lions. Compare their second half schedule to their first half. They play the Niners twice, the Eagles and the Cowboys. Highest they finish is 9-8

• Like 1

1 minute ago, method man said:

We are the type of team they feast on but the Seahawks were a frontrunning fraud last year that finished the season weak and it is lining up the same for them this year. 

Look at who they have beaten. Their only impressive win is the Lions. Compare their second half schedule to their first half. They play the Niners twice, the Eagles and the Cowboys. Highest they finish is 9-8

Tend to agree that Seattle is really just an average team similar to us. It IS a tough place to play though and I don’t trust our defense to get stops against a competent QB/balanced attack. It’s a game where we have a chance, but Howell is probably going to need to be fully locked in again. He will probably need an “A” game. 

Seattle's offense is more consistent but has some pretty bad ups and downs. Even last year they had some rough losses late in the year and almost blew the last playoff spot(I think we would have gotten in over them if we had beaten the Browns but can't remember the exact scenario).

Their defense has some nice young talent though. Their secondary against our WRs will be the matchup to watch.

• Like 1

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Seattle's offense is more consistent but has some pretty bad ups and downs. Even last year they had some rough losses late in the year and almost blew the last playoff spot(I think we would have gotten in over them if we had beaten the Browns but can't remember the exact scenario).

Their defense has some nice young talent though. Their secondary against our WRs will be the matchup to watch.

Exactly. Look what the Ravens did to them on the ground. Can’t have Sam throw the ball 50 times vs them this week

• Like 1

The problem with Seattle is that if we can’t get pressure on Geno, he is going to carve up our DB’s with his weapons. Lockett and DK need no paragraphs dedicated to them and are tough enough to try and contain. The guy who could also wreck us though is JSN. The dude is a developing stud and their 3rd best WR (or at least 3rd most utilized—he’s extremely talented). He could feast. They have multiple TEs who randomly do damage when their number is called. They have RBs who break tackles and run like their hair’s on fire. All in all, it’s going to be a dangerous week for our D and we should be concerned. I predict the offense is once again going to have to put up serious points, and they probably won’t be able to slow the game down with the running game (not that EB has shown a penchant for doing that lol). 

12 minutes ago, Conn said:

The problem with Seattle is that if we can’t get pressure on Geno, he is going to carve up our DB’s with his weapons. Lockett and DK need no paragraphs dedicated to them and are tough enough to try and contain. The guy who could also wreck us though is JSN. The dude is a developing stud and their 3rd best WR (or at least 3rd most utilized—he’s extremely talented). He could feast. They have multiple TEs who randomly do damage when their number is called. They have RBs who break tackles and run like their hair’s on fire. All in all, it’s going to be a dangerous week for our D and we should be concerned. I predict the offense is once again going to have to put up serious points, and they probably won’t be able to slow the game down with the running game (not that EB has shown a penchant for doing that lol). 

Agreed. Walker is the best back this team will have faced this season. Going to have to put up points

10 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Highly unlikely Minnesota continues to win games.  

Likely a 3 way battle of mediocre between Atlanta, Tampa and Washington for that final spot.  I don’t see the first 6 spots changing by year end, barring any crazy injuries to QBs.  Maybe a flip flop in the South.

Even if Minnesota is depleted with the QB situation, their next 4 games are agains NO, Denver, Chicago and the Raiders. They can be less than mediocre and go 3-1 there and hit 8 Ws with the Packers still to go. 9 W is virtually a clinch of the last WC, imo. Lions in week 17 could be resting starters too. 

The Vikings are going to get to 9 wins.  Dobbs is legitimately ok enough for them to win 4 more games.  

We’re going to need to win a lot of games and games in conference to catch them.  If they somehow don’t get to 9, they probably win all tiebreakers against us at 8 wins.

Dobbs really should have a starting job in the NFL.  He might not be too 10, but he’s at least a 15-20 guy who can win games for you.  

• Like 1

We're gonna sneak into the paloffs, draft at #21, and pick a guard.

Actually, no, we're going to use one of our 3rd rounders on a consensus 5th round guard (if he were healthy).  But that was an extra pick so no biggie, right?

Ok, ok, I'll give the new regime 1 chance.  1.  They've got more than 20 years of failed approaches to avoid.  It can't be *that* hard for a guy worth *that* much.

Today was a death blow to any realistic prayer of the 5/6 seed. It’s 7 seed or bust now and while “bust” appears more likely, facing the Giants next week could provide an opportunity to stay in mix. 

To me the key is being 6-7 heading into the Rams/Jets games. That would represent an opportunity to then get to 8-7 and that would most likely put us right at top of the 7 seed convo with two weeks to go. 

In order to get to 6-7, the Giants game is of course a must. Then we’d need to beat either Dallas or Miami. 

Minnesota is the fly in the ointment of the 7 seed mix currently but I’m not ready to crown them. Could be some “come down to earth” possibilities with them in coming weeks. Beat the Giants, Vikes lose, and you’re one game back. 

I would say most importantly, beat the Giants and the Thanksgiving game is at least relevant.