Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

7 minutes ago, MrJL said:

hope not

Give Sam Howell an offensive line

Brissett went in behind the same line (actually worse because of injuries) and looked fine.

Not saying Howell should be discarded but I don't know how you can watch what we just watched and not come away with the feeling that quarterback should be in play if we draft top 2.

It's crazy to have that opportunity and pass it up for a guy who has proven nothing yet.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Anyone concerned that Brissett could actually stumble us into a win next week? The way he looked today, it’s certainly not out of question. 

Either QB could win next week, but if we win next week, I doubt its because the offense goes off.  More likely the Jets struggle to score against us and turn it over once or twice. The Jets offense is not good, but their defense is probably a top 5 defense

Edited by philibusters

5 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Maybe, but my guess is a new FO more often than not will want to make their stamp on the franchise. Sam is kind of in no man’s land right now. He really needs to ball out to take away any doubt and he hasn’t done that lately. 

And before anyone asks, the chances of us getting to #1 are just as hard as us getting to #2. Panthers at 4-13 would have a decent SOS tie break gap on us. Same with the Pats. Really need Pats to win a couple down the stretch. 

I think the best we can do is #3. And I’m not certain the Kyler is doing enough in ARZ to assume they’re for sure not going QB. We could be sitting 4th with QB 1-2-3, if we don’t leapfrog the cards. 

Anyone concerned that Brissett could actually stumble us into a win next week? The way he looked today, it’s certainly not out of question. 

it took Brissett 8 plays to get that second TD

Am I the only one who considers the whole put their stamp on it to be a bad thing?  I don't want someone coming in an throwing away what we do have just because they didn't bring it in

It makes me think of Jeff George

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

Brissett went in behind the same line (actually worse because of injuries) and looked fine.

Not saying Howell should be discarded but I don't know how you can watch what we just watched and not come away with the feeling that quarterback should be in play if we draft top 2.

It's crazy to have that opportunity and pass it up for a guy who has proven nothing yet.

by the end of his second drive he was scrambling and ropping back 10 yards to avoid the rush, same as Howell

also what injuries on the OL

Edited by MrJL

I think we go all in for Caleb Williams!!!!  He's from WASHINGTON, DC!!!!  I also think that is the main reason we traded Sweat as well.  More draft capital to nab Williams.  If we can nab him without give up next years first rounder then we do it.

• Thumb down 1

Just now, Dexter said:

I think we go all in for Caleb Williams!!!!  He's from WASHINGTON, DC!!!!  I also think that is the main reason we traded Sweat as well.  More draft capital to nab Williams.  If we can nab him without give up next years first rounder then we do it.

He's gonna be a USC QB in the pros

Just now, Dexter said:

I’m done with all the dc divas we’ve drafted with top ten picks.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dexter said:

I suspect you may be right. I don't think it's a good idea this team has to many holes. It's going to cost multiple first rd picks is what the problem is.

Edited by Redskins 2021

5 minutes ago, philibusters said:

Either QB could win next week, but if we win next week, I doubt its because the offense goes off.  More likely the Jets struggle to score against us and turn it over once or twice. The Jets offense is not good, but their defense is probably a top 5 defense

Hoping Rodgers plays because he thinks he has to "prove something" to people who believe in science or something.

Then he can sit again for their Patriots game. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MrJL said:

so it looks like the games today changed nothing?

Correct. But I don’t think anyone expected the Cards to or Pats to win this week. Next week, we need to be praying for the Cards to beat the Bears. It would be nice if the Pats beat the Broncos too. Would definitely position us for the #2 pick if the Pats can then beat the Jets in Week 18. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

And us losing to the Jets. 

I think this is much more in doubt right now than people are going to acknowledge. 

For sure. Beating the Jets could have us picking as low as 6/7. Not ideal especially if we really want to make a play at a QB. Gotta lose to the Jets. 

Id say if we stay at #4 we still have a real good shot at Daniels if the new FO wants to go that route. Really hard to know what ARZ will do at 3 with Murray’s contract and Marvin Harrison on the board.

We need to lose and hope for the Bears to lose to the Cards. If those 2 things happen I think we are locked into #3. Unless Dallas game in Week 18 is meaningless. That would be bad news. Imagine winning that game and going from #3 to #6? Oye. 

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

And us losing to the Jets. 

I think this is much more in doubt right now than people are going to acknowledge. 

I agree it's going to be a tough game to lose if Brissett starts, if they keep Sam in there it's still only iffy.

14 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Our chances at the #3 pick most likely come down to the Cardinals beating the Bears next weekend, their final 2 are vs the Eagles and Seahawks.

At this point, I agree.  We also need to lose out.  No telling with Brissett probably QBing the rest of the way.  We don't know yet.  We have to lose to the Jets.  If we do, if SF and Dallas are fighting for the #1 and #2 spots, we will lose out and hopefully, the Cards beat the Bears, we picks #3 and are assured one of the 3 best QBs in the draft.  

45 minutes ago, MrJL said:

it took Brissett 8 plays to get that second TD

Am I the only one who considers the whole put their stamp on it to be a bad thing?  I don't want someone coming in an throwing away what we do have just because they didn't bring it in

It makes me think of Jeff George

by the end of his second drive he was scrambling and ropping back 10 yards to avoid the rush, same as Howell

also what injuries on the OL

And still got the touch down

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Maybe, but my guess is a new FO more often than not will want to make their stamp on the franchise. Sam is kind of in no man’s land right now. He really needs to ball out to take away any doubt and he hasn’t done that lately. 

And before anyone asks, the chances of us getting to #1 are just as hard as us getting to #2. Panthers at 4-13 would have a decent SOS tie break gap on us. Same with the Pats. Really need Pats to win a couple down the stretch. 

I think the best we can do is #3. And I’m not certain the Kyler is doing enough in ARZ to assume they’re for sure not going QB. We could be sitting 4th with QB 1-2-3, if we don’t leapfrog the cards. 

Rivera already said Howell is still their starter, thankfully

56 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Not for nothing, but Olu Fashanu is also from DC, I think he and Caleb Williams were high school teammates.  That must have been a ridiculous team.