Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread 2023: SUPER BOWL LVIII (58) ~ Chiefs vs. 49ers

zCommander

Just now, Rufus T Firefly said:

LOL. You're really twisting yourself into knots to make it some kind of conspiracy.

68 was doing nothing but standing in the huddle. 

I'm just asking questions from what I saw on the replay.

70 comes in to check in, then the ref runs towards the Dallas DL for some reason.

Campbell should've gone with a FG to tie the game after that penalty call anyway

6 minutes ago, PolarExpress said:

Not going for the FG, and then not going for the tie was just stupid.

Cowboys were gassed and Lions moved at will on the final drive. You can take the risk of stalling the momentum and resetting by allowing Dallas an opportunity to recuperate, potentially win the coin flip, and likely march down the field, which they had no problem doing in the last quarter against the Lions, or you can essentially end the game right then and there with a completion while they’re on their heels. It was the smart move.

Edited by BurgundyBooger

15 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

LOL. You're really twisting yourself into knots to make it some kind of conspiracy.

68 was doing nothing but standing in the huddle. 

Decker reported as eligible. Allen either missed or ignored it. Detroit still should've kicked that field goal earlier instead of going for it.

I remember one time I was against going for two before end of a game and we lost in OT...someone posted the analytics behind going for 2 instead of going to OT and I was honestly suprised...

Having said that, when you end up in your 3rd attempt, it's like the universe is trying to tell you something analytics won't.

The only people that take Detroit seriously is Detroit, and better or worse that's why they have 11 wins already this season.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I remember one time I was against going for two before end of a game and we lost in OT...someone posted the analytics behind going for 2 instead of going to OT and I was honestly suprised...

Having said that, when you end up in your 3rd attempt, it's like the universe is trying to tell you something analytics won't.

The only people that take Detroit seriously is Detroit, and better or worse that's why they have 11 wins already this season.

Yea. Three times in a row the defense gets three cracks at stopping you. Especially that 2nd attempt. I don’t know what the **** they were thinking. Their defense held one of the best offenses in the league to 20 points.  Why choose don’t to trust them then?

all that said, if Goff had of made an nfl throw that would have went for two.

• Like 2

I think analytics would say that going for 2 from the 4 yard line on your 3rd attempt is a fool's errand, but this also might have been uncharted territory for analytics to cover. Good of the Lions to blaze the trail for anyone else who wants to repeat it.

I'm happy the Cowboys won because it gives them something to play for next week, but gotta admit, it looks kind of sketchy on the refs part for the penalty.

Edited by NickyJ