Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 Offseason Mini Camp, OTA’s, Training Camp Discussion Thread: Hallelujah, Josh Harris & Co. Era Edition

Conn

@Voice_of_Reason

I could be making this up but I thought I read somewhere that they formed some kind of relationship in the pre-draft process?? It doesn’t really make sense but it’s what my brain is spitting out. He’s one of the players Bienemy brought up unprompted in one of his earliest interviews here, so I think the assumption was that he had some reason to be familiar with him. 

Edited by Conn
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Conn said:

EB had a preexisting relationship with Charles, I believe. Plus the roster seniority I guess. It was his last chance to develop into relevance so I don’t regret that he got it, in the end. 

Nah.  Charles was drafted by Washington.  No priors with EB.

11 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

According to Keim’s X post above Pete Hailey is moving to Connecticut with NBC to do golf.  Best of luck.https://medium.com/@petehailey/goodbyes-and-endings-crush-me-but-its-time-to-move-on-53ec55fee65

He explained everything on Wednesday’s Beltway Football podcast, the one he does with JP and Mitch.  

Best of luck to him.  Some of this was inevitable because NBCSports Washington is no longer the flagship station for Commanders coverage. The only thing they really do is JP’s podcast.  So, I’m sure that was the catalyst for Pete looking elsewhere.  

It’s a pity.  It’s nowhere near the most informative pod, but it’s one of the most enjoyable. The three of them had great chemistry and it was a ton of fun.  

• Like 4

Kiem said something on his last podcast which really bothered me:  reporters kept asking about Chris Paul and all Rivera wanted to do was talk about Charles.  This is giving me Jay Gruden PTSD flashbacks.  I have no idea if Paul is good or not but I want to see it.  But Ron seems absolutely insistent Charles is going to be the opening day starter and keep the job until he either inevitably gets hurt or there is no other choice but to try Paul.

This frustrates me beyond measure.  

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Kiem said something on his last podcast which really bothered me:  reporters kept asking about Chris Paul and all Rivera wanted to do was talk about Charles.  This is giving me Jay Gruden PTSD flashbacks.  I have no idea if Paul is good or not but I want to see it.  But Ron seems absolutely insistent Charles is going to be the opening day starter and keep the job until he either inevitably gets hurt or there is no other choice but to try Paul.

This frustrates me beyond measure.  

I echo your fears. That is troublesome. Rivera tries to prop up players in the media with hopes of making them feel more confident. But ignoring Paul would make it sound like the Charles experiment is going to last awhile.

Speaking of Keim, last podcast.

A.  Howell has played progressively better this week

B.  Howell works hard and that's key in a similar way to the vibe about Kirk back in the day

C.  While he's not sure about this O line, he thinks they did good work on upgrading the secondary, they've looked good 

D.  Stromberg has looked all right, needs to get stronger.  they see him as purely a center and not a guard including as a backup.   Larsen he thinks they believe can play guard if need be.  Daniels will likely make the roster because he was a 4th round pick.  He's not sure about whether Mason Brooks does make the roster (practice squad candidate) -- good potential but Rivera also said he has ways to go.

E.  He thinks its possible they might go with 11 Dbs on the roster

F.  WR -- he expects 6.  And right now Pringle and Milne would be receiver 5 and 6 and they likely stash K. Allen on the practice squad unless he plays big in the preseason

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Speaking of Keim, last podcast.

A.  Howell has played progressively better this week

B.  Howell works hard and that's key in a similar way to the vibe about Kirk back in the day

C.  While he's not sure about this O line, he thinks they did good work on upgrading the secondary, they've looked good 

D.  Stromberg has looked all right, needs to get stronger.  they see him as purely a center and not a guard including as a backup.   Larsen he thinks they believe can play guard if need be.  Daniels will likely make the roster because he was a 4th round pick.  He's not sure about whether Mason Brooks does make the roster (practice squad candidate) -- good potential but Rivera also said he has ways to go.

E.  He thinks its possible they might go with 11 Dbs on the roster

F.  WR -- he expects 6.  And right now Pringle and Milne would be receiver 5 and 6 and they likely stash K. Allen on the practice squad unless he plays big in the preseason

I have a feeling Kaz Allen and Mason Brooks won't clear waivers if we decide to practice squad them.  I'd cut Milne and keep Allen, at least for development.

@Wyvern You disagree, I'd love to know your thoughts.

Edited by Rex Tomb
  • Like 4
  • Thumb down 1

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He explained everything on Wednesday’s Beltway Football podcast, the one he does with JP and Mitch.  

Best of luck to him.  Some of this was inevitable because NBCSports Washington is no longer the flagship station for Commanders coverage. The only thing they really do is JP’s podcast.  So, I’m sure that was the catalyst for Pete looking elsewhere.  

It’s a pity.  It’s nowhere near the most informative pod, but it’s one of the most enjoyable. The three of them had great chemistry and it was a ton of fun.  

Probably wrong thread to ask, but who will be carrying Commanders pre and post game shows? Or is that a thing of the past like Command Center no longer carried by NBC?