Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

I get both sides on the trade up for a LT or stay put arguments.  

As for LT, I am higher on Mims than most.  He played RT but I think he can adjust to LT.    Fautanu maybe.  Love Fauga but hes a RT.

The one for me though is if Fashanu drops.

I am big Barton guy and I'd trade up for him if he drops to the late 20s and its not expensive.

I do think there is a shot that Morgan drops to 36 and if he did that would be my preference.

• Like 7
  • Thumb up 1

9 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am higher on Mims than most.

My problem with Mims is he has barely played. He played 6 games this year after just a few the year before. I have a hard time trading up for that. 

18 hours ago, Going Commando said:

If teams want to reach for OLs

They will. The OL play in the league is abysmal. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

My problem with Mims is he has barely played. He played 6 games this year after just a few the year before. I have a hard time trading up for that. 

On balance, yep, he’s not going to be available is he. Can’t trade up for that iMO.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

Freakish ability, I was really impressed with how he moved for a big dude like that.  Super high intangibles from what I read, too.  I'd be shocked if he doesn't go in the first.  I'd easily take him over Guyton.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I could see the 9ers taking Mims at 31. Let him learn from Trent who also came into the league as a super freak athlete that had to develop some(I remember his first couple years being rough but he really blossomed in year 3). His size and mobility/athleticism fit the Shanahan scheme perfectly.

Regarding Bell, the big knock is his blocking. He isn't built to be able to handle inline or to sustain blocks. 

This brings up the blocking TE discussion. If the latest rumors were to be true that we end out taking JD and it is because of Peters wish to mimic the Ravens, blocking ability becomes essential for TE's. This will lead me back to my favorite Sinnott and I feel like Stover should then reenter the discussions on a more consistent basis for day 2.

I wouldn't be shocked if they took another TE late on day 3 also to sit on the practice squad. Part of my thoughts on that are that Turner won't fit this need and who knows for sure what Rogers has

• Like 3

15 hours ago, illone said:

A&M plays that weird 4-2-5 Ron Rivera college defense with two linebackers 😂 but if you watch how he is aligned on most plays he is smack dab in the middle of the field and his first read is the QB and he comes downhill quick on run plays.  Seems like a guy suited for the middle in the NFL, but could potentially play anywhere.

Most teams play with 2 linebackers nowadays. It's a nickel set up. If they have a third backer it's either a heavy run tendency down or that third backer is excellent in coverage.

• Like 1

Really like Mims. Lack of starts is a REAL concern so I won't minimize that and I understand the trepidation about it. He played really well in the limited starts, he's a great athlete, strong, and can move. Reminds me a lot of Tyron Smith in terms of body, thick and built with no unecessary fat, bulk. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Bantu said:

Really like Mims. Lack of starts is a REAL concern so I won't minimize that and I understand the trepidation about it. He played really well in the limited starts, he's a great athlete, strong, and can move. Reminds me a lot of Tyron Smith in terms of body, thick and built with no unecessary fat, bulk. 

He'd represent a home run swing at LT for sure. If you hit you got a potential perennial All Pro. But man the lack of sample size in terms of playing time is concerning. 

Personally I'd rather take a chance on him then draft someone like Jordan Morgan who is high floor but pretty low ceiling and will probably ultimately end up playing G in the league.

• Thanks 1

Sanders athleticism scores were terrible. Hard pass on him.

I'd maybe consider one in round 5 but that's the absolute earliest and even then I'm unsure. I think we're better off giving our current young guys a shot under Kingsbury while rocking with Ertz for a year and re-evaluate next year.

12 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'd maybe consider one in round 5 but that's the absolute earliest and even then I'm unsure. I think we're better off giving our current young guys a shot under Kingsbury while rocking with Ertz for a year and re-evaluate next year.

Personally, if they're there, I like Sanders in R3, Bell and Stover in R4, All in R5. I like Sinnott too, but I think he'll end up going in the 2nd round, and I think that's too rich for us. 

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

He had an 8 RAS, that's not too bad.  I wasn't impressed with him in my very first look at him, but I'll watch more.  The only thing I do know for certain is I don't like Adonai Mitchell at all, and Worthy is kind of overrated, but clearly way better than Mitchell.  Kelvin Banks Jr is also a super blue chipper and would have a chance to be OT1 in this year's class if he'd come out early. 

So would Will Campbell from LSU btw.

My gut take was that I wouldn't draft any of the Texas skill players this year.  Brooks was the only one I instantly liked, and I just wouldn't want to spend a day 2 pick on an injured RB.  It wouldn't be the worst use of a pick in terms of lottery ticket upside, but I don't want another potential Bryce Love situation.

1 minute ago, Going Commando said:

He had an 8 RAS, that's not too bad.  I wasn't impressed with him in my very first look at him, but I'll watch more.  The only thing I do know for certain is I don't like Adonai Mitchell at all, and Worthy is kind of overrated, but clearly way better than Mitchell.  Kelvin Banks Jr is also a super blue chipper and would have a chance to be OT1 in this year's class if he'd come out early. 

So would Will Campbell from LSU btw.

My gut take was that I wouldn't draft any of the Texas skill players this year.  Brooks was the only one I instantly liked, and I just wouldn't want to spend a day 2 pick on an injured RB.  It wouldn't be the worst use of a pick in terms of lottery ticket upside, but I don't want another potential Bryce Love situation.

If I'm taking a mid round stab at a TE who can't block he better be an athletic freak.

I do agree with you on Mitchell, but like Worthy. But I like Worthy if he goes to a team with an established QB. He could ball out with Mahomes or Allen, but I don't think he's the best fit for us.

My WR crush is still McConkey. If he's there at 36 I sprint to the podium and hope to find LT at 40.

• Thumb up 1

5 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

My WR crush is still McConkey. If he's there at 36 I sprint to the podium and hope to find LT at 40.

Mine is Malachi Corley but I wouldnt be mad with Ladd. 

3 hours ago, illone said:

Either would be nice additions. I figure Ladd will be gone earlier than Corley. We probably have a better shot at him as a result

3 hours ago, illone said:

I like Corley a lot too but 36 and even 40 seems too high for him. Unfortunately, he'll be gone by 67. Ideally we trade back one of those 2nds a bit, get a pick in like the 50s and get another 3rd or 4th or something, and then pick him there.

• Like 1

I see they are meeting with Caedan Wallace, RT for Penn State.

Just watched a quick game.  Solid.   Good athlete.  9 plus RAS.  massive hands, almost size 11.  34 inch arms.

Mirrors decently, decent anchor.  Some power in the run game.  Can move to the 2nd level well.    He seems to have some potential issues with pass rushers with spin moves and who come off slippery.

• Thanks 3

6 hours ago, illone said:

Corley was very hot name early on. Had a decent senior bowl but kinda so so. Then you put the tape back on and see his RAC is special. He could bring another level of what we thought we were getting with Curtis Samuel. I think you have to take him at 40 because he is not lasting until 67. Maybe trade down to 50 and get an extra 4th or so.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I see they are meeting with Caedan Wallace, RT for Penn State.

Just watched a quick game.  Solid.   Good athlete.  9 plus RAS.  massive hands, almost size 11.  34 inch arms.

Mirrors decently, decent anchor.  Some power in the run game.  Can move to the 2nd level well.    He seems to have some potential issues with pass rushers with spin moves and who come off slippery.

It’s things like this that make me think we are going to add talent at both tackle spots. We’ve been sniffing around LT’s and RT’s and I suspect that we grab one of each in rounds 2 and 3. 

• Like 2

A later round TE I could see Peters having interest in is the Sooners Austin Stogner. Loaded with potential and seeming to continuing back from a knee, should be fully healthy and ready to go. Good size and can play all around including the H-back. Could be a steal if he is in a decent spot...PS for a year maybe allowing him to train with Ertz

Edited by DWinzit
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

It’s things like this that make me think we are going to add talent at both tackle spots. We’ve been sniffing around LT’s and RT’s and I suspect that we grab one of each in rounds 2 and 3. 

3rd-5th round:  Javon Foster. Blake Fisher, Kiran Amegadjie, Wallace, Puni (some see as a guard but i think he can play RT played LT)

Watched a game of Foster.  Small sample but really struck me.  I liked him more than Wallace actually. Physical-feisty player.  And actually plays LT unlike Wallace who plays right.  He has the length to play the spot, just short of 35 inch arms.  Really good PFF grades.  Balance needs work, plays a bit high.  But fun watch - especially in the run game where he sustains blocks and is a bit of a people mover. 

• Like 2