Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

16 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

but I love Mike Siranstil

Me too. Sainristil would be a prime target for me. I'm impressed with some of your recent takes aside from Kingsley Suamataia who I think is being a bit too overhyped. It looks as though my posts have helped you tremendously :) 

Baptiste did not flash much at the SB if memory serves but overall I like him as a prospect.

Edited by Chump Bailey

I think we'll add a LB, DE and CB through the draft. I just think they'll be later on ... not R1-R2. 

R1 and R2 and probably 1-2 picks in R3 will be designated to offense. I just think the investments made in FA on defense were stopgaps to 2025. Building up a respectable roster while allowing us to add some youth in the draft but really focusing on defense long-term next year, while using this year's early draft assets to build up the offense. OT x2, WR, TE, IOL. 

1.2: QB Maye/Daniels

2.36: OT Morgan (Arizona), Guyton (OK), OT Suamataia (BYU), OT Amegadjie (Yale)

2.40: Trade with someone like SF for 2.63, 3.94, 5.132

2.63: TE Sanders (UT), Otten (OSU), Sinnott (KSU)

3.67: WR Leggette (SC), Walker (UNC)

3.78: CB Melton (Rutgers), CBJ ackson (OR), CB Green (FSU), CB James (AUB)

3.94: OT Fisher (ND), OT Paul (HOU), OT Rosengarten (UW)

3.100: LB Trotter (CLEM), LB Eichenberg (OSU)

+ three picks in R5 to hit more depth, grab a DE there, plus an IOL, maybe another WR ... maybe another S or CB.

EX:

image.png.f738fbc2726a8f62f15b1904dfd4e93b.png

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Me too. Sainristil would be a prime target for me. I'm impressed with some of your recent takes aside from Kingsley Suamataia who I think is being a bit too overhyped. It looks as though my posts have helped you tremendously :) 

Baptiste did not flash much at the SB if memory serves but overall I like him as a prospect.

I can't make up my mind at all on the 2nd round-ish OL. One day I like Saumatia. The next day the kid from Yale. The next day I wanna trade up for Guyton or someone. Honestly its such a mish mash I think we should just sit at 36 and throw a dart at one.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I can't make up my mind at all on the 2nd round-ish OL. One day I like Saumatia. The next day the kid from Yale. The next day I wanna trade up for Guyton or someone. Honestly its such a mish mash I think we should just sit at 36 and throw a dart at one.

Yeah, I feel ya. I pegged the other OT from Penn State RT Caedan Wallace as a potential sleeper about 5 months back or so and I believe I'm correct in that assessment. I do like Blake Fisher as well. His numbers were not great in the some of the athletic testing but IMO his tape is solid and provides value in the 2nd round. 

Edited by Chump Bailey
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Great player but tough for me to get jazzed for the Giants next star WR from LSU.

Yep.  I don't want them to get Nabers and Penix.  That feels like a horrible outcome.  I want them to get Joe Alt and Bo Nix.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Yep.  I don't want them to get Nabers and Penix.  That feels like a horrible outcome.  I want them to get Joe Alt and Bo Nix.

Would love if the Giants took McCarthy. Don't want em getting Nabers either, but until they get a real QB it won't matter.

23 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Well, we could hope the it ends up being AZ taking MHJ/Nabers and the Bolts taking whomever is left.

Just a heads up that it's that time of year again fro the ES Mock Draft. We draft for all 32 teams in the order of the real draft. No real purpose other than to test your skill at drafing. This will be my 9th year and we have fun every time! 

We have a few teams that need GMs. If you have any desire to try your hand at being GM of a team, let @COWBOY-KILLA- (the comissioner) or myself know, either IM us or post in the Mock Draft thread pinned in the Stadium. We have at least 2 teams in need of GM. There is room for more as several of us are manageing several teams. 

Picks and rounds are timed to allow for overseas GMs. It will take about 2 weeks to finish. Trades are Ok but only draft picks no players.

We start Friday! Hope to see you! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

I think Sanders was more a product of a loaded Texas team than anything else. Putting Sanders numbers in RAS and we get:

image.png.6bc3d83db5bc0b537af9712e320460d9.png

Lumbering and not-twitched up is how I described Sanders to friends a few weeks ago. I feel vindicated.

I wasn't very impressed with Sanders either when I was watching the Texas offense.  He's a pretty bad blocker.

TBH, the only Texas offensive players that impressed me were Whittington, Brooks, Ewers, and Kelvin Banks Jr.  Christian Jones and Xavier Worthy were OK and you can see they've got elite speed and interesting traits.  Adonai Mitchell and Sanders looked like total bystanders.  Felt like they were pretty far down the totem pole in the offense.

That team has a ridiculous amount of speed, and that shows you what unlimited NIL money can get you.  But the only guys who seemed like super blue chippers were Banks Jr and Brooks to me.  Sanders was a super recruit, I thought I was going to be able to see that in his film.

2 hours ago, Going Commando said:

I wasn't very impressed with Sanders either when I was watching the Texas offense.  He's a pretty bad blocker.

TBH, the only Texas offensive players that impressed me were Whittington, Brooks, Ewers, and Kelvin Banks Jr.  Christian Jones and Xavier Worthy were OK and you can see they've got elite speed and interesting traits.  Adonai Mitchell and Sanders looked like total bystanders.  Felt like they were pretty far down the totem pole in the offense.

That team has a ridiculous amount of speed, and that shows you what unlimited NIL money can get you.  But the only guys who seemed like super blue chippers were Banks Jr and Brooks to me.  Sanders was a super recruit, I thought I was going to be able to see that in his film.

Would you take Brooks with our first 3rd rounder if he fell and redshirt him basically?

Sanders was a player like Pearsall I started negative on from initial watches but my opinion changed on further watches.  So at least for my taste, it depended on the game.  I don't write down (but I should) what games i watch so I forget over time.  But the deeper I dove the more I liked Sanders.  Don't love him but like him.   

He has the highest YPC in this group.  15 plus.  The best drop rate -- good hands.   The next best YAC number just after Bowers.

Lethal on crossers.  He gets open, catches and is gone.

I was disappointed in his combine numbers.  Not bad.  But just OK.  But he plays faster IMO than his 4.69 40 time, he doesn't break stride when he catches the ball -- motors for YAC with good long speed.

Big play guy.   his stats are good.  Not great.  But part of that is all the weapons the Texans had.  If he played for a different team, he'd beat his 600 plus yards.  And keep in mind he pulled that off with under 40 catches which is a bit crazy.  OK blocker IMO certainly a willing blocker.

Having said that I go back and forth between him, Stover and Sinnott.  One day am going to watch all three back to back and seperate them in my mind. 

Early 3rd round -- good pick IMO.  And clearly he's on this team's radar.  He's one of the top 30 visits.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I hate reading this, Latham is one of my favorite OT's.  Hoping he didn't add weight or have other issues.He needs to have show well at a workout pre-draft

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sanders was a player like Pearsall I started negative on from initial watches but my opinion changed on further watches.  So at least for my taste, it depended on the game.  I don't write down (but I should) what games i watch so I forget over time.  But the deeper I dove the more I liked Sanders.  Don't love him but like him.   

He has the highest YPC in this group.  15 plus.  The best drop rate -- good hands.   The next best YAC number just after Bowers.

Lethal on crossers.  He gets open, catches and is gone.

I was disappointed in his combine numbers.  Not bad.  But just OK.  But he plays faster IMO than his 4.69 40 times, he doesn't break stride when he catches the ball -- motors for YAC with good long speed.

Big play guy.   his stats are good.  Not great.  But part of that is all the weapons Texans had.  If he played for a different team, he'd beat his 600 plus yards.  And keep in mind he pulled that off with under 40 catches which is a bit crazy.  OK blocker IMO certainly a willing blocker.

Having said that I go back and forth between him, Stover and Sinnott.  One day am going to watch all three back to back and seperate them in my mind. 

Early 3rd round -- good pick IMO.  And clearly he's on this team's radar.  He's one of the top 30 visits.

Sanders has been one of our guys for quite a while. I sure am hoping the team visits in Sinnott and I''d say Stover would be my next in line. 

I agree that whichever of the the 3 is there at the top of the 3rd is probably who they take. I really think any of them are a reach in the 2nd but someone will at least take one of them by then

4 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I hate reading this, Latham is one of my favorite OT's.  Hoping he didn't add weight or have other issues.He needs to have show well at a workout pre-draft

Sanders has been one of our guys for quite a while. I sure am hoping the team visits in Sinnott and I''d say Stover would be my next in line. 

I agree that whichever of the the 3 is there at the top of the 3rd is probably who they take. I really think any of them are a reach in the 2nd but someone will at least take one of them by then

I think they are all third round type players.

I think they are a peg over the next group.  Johnson, Wiley, Bell.   i am partial to Wiley because I've been on him for awhile.   I want to love Johnson but I get bored watching him but his athleticism-size are certainly impressive.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think they are all three round type players.

I think they are a peg over the next group.  Johnson, Wiley, Bell.   i am partial to Wiley because I've been on him for awhile.   I want to love Johnson but I get bored watching him but his athleticism-size are certainly impressive.

It's such a disappointing TE class coming off of what was available last season. I really have a hard time liking anyone after this group of 3 unless we are talking like 6th round. I guess Wiley and Bell but I really don't love Bell either. 

For me Sinnott is the only one I really like but in the 3rd round. Anyone taking these guys prior is reaching.