Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

2 hours ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

So Dallas drafts Mazi Smith a 330 lb 1 Tech. They have him drop 40 pounds and switch to 3 tech.

Makes me wonder if the switch Darius Robinson apparently just did appeals to Dan Quinn. He was a IDL guy, lost some weight and is now just a really large 4-6 Tech that provides unique traits in a different alignment. He plays more at 6 Tech now, so a step outside the OT. He weighs somewhere around 285-290. Like how Quinyon Mitchell is the talk of Senior Bowl at CB. Supposedly Darius Robinson is the talk of Senior Bowl at Edge. The talk as in "Oh I wasn't sure, but this guy can really play". I'm reading that multiple think he's elevated his stock to that borderline 1st/2nd round range.

In addition, Dan Quinn came up in Seattle, and that Cover 3 defense liked having a really large DE opposite a super athlete. They kind of went extreme by having a 320 lb IDL Red Bryant play DE, with Bruce Irvin opposite.

Our Edge group blows. Maybe he's a target with one of our 2nd rounders.

I think we go edge in FA. It is a good class. And I dont think the draft edge class is very good at all. 

5 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm high on JPJ, but there are two other centers I'd be just as happy with.

Our seconds should be IOL and OT. 

Third should be a great spot for LBer, WR, TE.

Where do people think 

Sedrick Van Pran

Will go- Can we get him at 100?

2 hours ago, Going Commando said:

Looking at his weigh in, he's on the small side for a traditional Y.  He's only 6'4 flat and 254 lbs, and his wingspan is somehow an inch shorter than Jaheim Bell's.

I think size is going to drop him in the draft.

maybe but 254 IMO is fine for a Y.   

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sinews said:

... does that mean we're out on Stromberg?

I thought he was a promising prospect ...

curious about Stromberg also ...

... '22 1st Team All-SEC and voted  the SEC's "Top Offensive Lineman" ...

... 3rd round draft capital ...

... to afterthought?  what happened?

2 minutes ago, -9- said:

Had two vets in front of him and got hurt.

still could be something.

3 minutes ago, -9- said:

Stromberg gives you guard flexibility. Played both guard spots and center in college. 

4 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

Had two vets in front of him and got hurt.

still could be something.

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Stromberg gives you guard flexibility. Played both guard spots and center in college. 

thank you gentlemen ... 

seems to be an ideal longterm solution... already in house.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Going Commando said:

Looking at his weigh in, he's on the small side for a traditional Y.  He's only 6'4 flat and 254 lbs, and his wingspan is somehow an inch shorter than Jaheim Bell's.

I think size is going to drop him in the draft.

He's a 4rth round steal IMO and the weapon X type of TE2 that can make our offense special. HB/FB/TE. Kind of a Jay Novechek/Mike Sellers type.

18 minutes ago, gooseneck said:

Where do people think 

Sedrick Van Pran

Will go- Can we get him at 100?

No way. The top three centers are going 25-40. Then it'll drop off to Zimmer right around where Stromberg went last year (he replaced Strom and is a better prospect).

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I think we go edge in FA. It is a good class. And I dont think the draft edge class is very good at all. 

Edge class isn't good, but always a chance someone in it has a specific skill set that plays up in the new D scheme.

Need to wait a month to see if this Edge FA group is good. Several are getting franchised or extended before FA starts.

33 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

He's a 4rth round steal IMO and the weapon X type of TE2 that can make our offense special. HB/FB/TE. Kind of a Jay Novechek/Mike Sellers type.

No way. The top three centers are going 25-40. Then it'll drop off to Zimmer right around where Stromberg went last year (he replaced Strom and is a better prospect).

I am wondering if you have a good list of player ratings.  PFF has Van Pran at 114.  From what I heard they are dead wrong and you are right in that he should be picked 25-40.  I would love to get a more accurate list of player ratings.

You can't bank on Stromberg. He was a mid round pick from a previous regime. If you draft another C and he develops, great you have depth or maybe can move some guys around. But we absolutely need to address C and JPJ would be the perfect fit.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, gooseneck said:

I am wondering if you have a good list of player ratings.  PFF has Van Pran at 114.  From what I heard they are dead wrong and you are right in that he should be picked 25-40.  I would love to get a more accurate list of player ratings.

I don't have a list, but I'm having eye surgery on a couple days and have to be face down for a week so I'll have some time.

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I don't have a list, but I'm having eye surgery on a couple days and have to be face down for a week so I'll have some time.

hope that works out for you. keep me in mind if you make a list.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Good luck KB. That's serious study time. You are going to know every Center and TE's inseam length :806:

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

You can't bank on Stromberg. He was a mid round pick from a previous regime.

that's not a reason. 

why exactly is a '22 1st Team All-SEC/SEC's "Top Offensive Lineman" now not a viable prospect?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, -9- said:

that's not a reason. 

why exactly is a '22 1st Team All-SEC/SEC's "Top Offensive Lineman" now not a viable prospect?

I didn’t say he wasn’t viable. I said you cant go into the 24 season just penciling in him as a starter. People tried that with Chris Paul and Shadiq Charles and it backfired.