Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

5 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

If not mating is a qualification for being a good NFL offensive lineman, consider me Anthony ****ing Muñoz.

I’ve been coaching this game for 20 years.

Ive never seen someone say, “he’s been doing no mating the last few days”. I’m not even sure what it means. But it’s provocative.

• Haha 6

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I’ve been coaching this game for 20 years.

Ive never seen someone say, “he’s been doing no mating the last few days”. I’m not even sure what it means. But it’s provocative.

I think it was supposed to be “he’s been dominating the last few days” and the autocorrect got him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I think it was supposed to be “he’s been dominating the last few days” and the autocorrect got him.

Autocorrect didn’t just get him. It claimed his soul. :ols:

• Haha 6

5 hours ago, Going Commando said:

Anyone who liked Calijah Kancey last year is probably going to like Murphy.  He's definitely another BPA candidate at 36 for us, and everyone who is calling for Jon Allen to be traded needs to be thinking about this guy.  He's the last good option in this draft class at replacing Allen adequately in year one.

Kancey was one of the few on the "my guys" list. Really liked him a lot and yeah, there are a lot of similarities to Murphy. I must admit, I'm hoping the team hits FA to fill holes on the defensive side and think LB and DB in the mid rounds

58 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Kancey was one of the few on the "my guys" list. Really liked him a lot and yeah, there are a lot of similarities to Murphy. I must admit, I'm hoping the team hits FA to fill holes on the defensive side and think LB and DB in the mid rounds

IMO Murphy is far superior a prospect than was Kancey. 

12 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Woh, this clip came from that article. Anyone know if this RB is a good 3rd down option?

Jordan Morgan's short arms are evident here:

Laube caught something like 68 passes last year.  I suggested in an earlier thread he might be a good pick up if we miss on Irving.

• Like 2

I'm not sure how to feel about Xavier Legette's measurements and relatively por senior bowl showing. On one hand, I think he probably drops to us. On the other, I wonder if I had him over rated based on how tall I thought he was. 

8 hours ago, gooseneck said:

hard to tell from highlight reels but here is Legette's

Darius Robinson  PFF  has him ranked around 110.  I don't know why he is not rated higher.  I just hear excellent things about him.

That's just as good of a clip for Rattler as it is for Legette

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

I may be wrong, but XL is giving me strong Deebo Samuel vibes

I among others here have said he might be the perfect complement to this receiver corp.  Contested catches-YAC-physical player-deep threat.

If I had to go with a wish list for the 2nd round, if they fall -- Legette, Brian Thomas, McConkey.

If I had to go down further Ja'Lynn Polk.  Maybe Corley.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If I had to go with a wish list for the 2nd round, if they fall -- Legette, Brian Thomas, McConkey.

In some mocks (for what they're worth) I've seen Keon Coleman drop too. I'd sprint to the podium if he's there in the 2nd.

14 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I may be wrong, but XL is giving me strong Deebo Samuel vibes

Yep. Or AJ Brown.  He's got the big slot bully build.  He doesn't have their after the catch wiggle and ability to change directions, but he looks like a faster straight line runner.

Both Samuel and Brown were second round picks too, with Deebo going 36th overall.

I remember Deebo's senior bowl week reasonably well.  He was cooking dudes in practice with his route running, especially underneath stuff.  He boosted his draft stock that week.  People might not remember now, but Deebo's stock was actually pretty weak for most of his senior year, and he was being mocked as a mid rounder by most places.  Deebo was one of my guys that year so I do remember it.  He spent so much time trying to get his speed and confidence back from his leg injury from his Junior season, and he didn't look fast again until about the Texas A&M game.  From then on it was basically a continuous string of big games, and by the Ole Miss game it was like yep, the Old Deebo is back.  Then he had a big SB week and kind of shot up into fringe first round consideration.

I haven't seen practice work of XL tearing up guys at the SB week like Deebo did yet, but there is still time.

I remember AJ Brown's final season too.  He was one of the guys I was wrong about.  I didn't like a lot of his film, and learned a lesson about not judging a prospect too negatively based on his usage and offensive system.  AJ Brown was miscast as a jitterbug YAC weapon in a terribly inefficient Ole Miss offense that had four NFL receivers in it, forcefeeding Brown a million screen passes that hit for about four yards a pop.  Brown's stock valuation was the opposite of Deebo's.  He went into his senior season considered a top five pick, and stayed there for most of the year.  Then he steadily dropped over the course of draft season until he ended up as a second round gem.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, DWinzit said:

That's just as good of a clip for Rattler as it is for Legette

I like Rattler.  I don't like Nix or Penix.  I'm not remotely tempted to pass on Drake Maye, but if we hadn't finished with #2 overall, Rattler is the only non first round QB who would interest me.  He's creative and athletic and has an NFL release and arm, he's just small.

Sam Hartman is the Gardner Minshew of the class.

Stating the obvious, but this is a very strong QB class. I wouldn't try and build a team around anyone after the top four, but I think the 12 or 13 guys who get drafted will have respectable NFL careers.  A lot of good back ups and journeymen starters in the group to go along with the four big stars.  And the top two are super blue chippers.  Best QB class since 2012.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

I like Rattler.  I don't like Nix or Penix.  I'm not remotely tempted to pass on Drake Maye, but if we hadn't finished with #2 overall, Rattler is the only non first round QB who would interest me.  He's creative and athletic and has an NFL release and arm, he's just small.

Sam Hartman is the Gardner Minshew of the class.

Stating the obvious, but this is a very strong QB class. I wouldn't try and build a team around anyone after the top four, but I think the 12 or 13 guys who get drafted will have respectable NFL careers.  A lot of good back ups and journeymen starters in the group to go along with the four big stars.  And the top two are super blue chippers.  Best QB class since 2012.

Yup. It is certainly an interesting class, deep with QB's that will be probably not be starters but long term backups. There have been years where there are just a few backup type players.

Most of them seem solid in certain areas and not that good in other areas. Not many that are at least pretty good across the board. It will be an interesting group to look back on in 3 or 4 years.

I do see potential in Penix as he does appear to have improved his release but he still has a way to go. The championship game was a brutal game for him and he is going to need to prove he can come back from it and use it as an education. 

If Washington needed a backup QB a guy like Rattler or Hartman would be guys that would peak my interest. I'd like to see Rattler with a solid line and good coaching to see if he can be more consistent.