Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

LB and Safety aren't that important in today's NFL. Corner is much more important.

I think the signal here is that the defensive play-caller / green dot is very important, which is typically either a MLB or safety. My gut is that we will spend big on one of the veteran FAs who can wear the green-dot and make the calls on defensive, whether that player is LB or S.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I think the signal here is that the defensive play-caller / green dot is very important, which is typically either a MLB or safety. My gut is that we will spend big on one of the veteran FAs who can wear the green-dot and make the calls on defensive, whether that player is LB or S.

Absolutely. We really could use multiple leader type personalities in the backfield. I don't want to hear communication as being an excuse for crap play!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Absolutely. We really could use multiple leader type personalities in the backfield. I don't want to hear communication as being an excuse for crap play!

As far as I'm aware, here are upcoming FAs who have experience wearing the green dot on defense: Xavier McKinney, Bobby Wagner, Jordan Hicks, Azeez Al-Shaair, Shaq Leonard

Al-Shaair was a SF UDFA in 2019 so potentially a Peters guy. McKinney is also a great player. Those two would be tops on my wish list, followed by Jordan Hicks.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Consigliere said:

You make a compelling argument for having entertaining players, but I still think that really only matters in a genuinely tangible sense if your team sucks and is not contending on the regular. Say Deion on the Falcons for instance. I still think winning orgs trump all. If you win consistently, you fill the seats and sell merch, if you win and have entertaining play you sell more merch, no doubt, and I do think, inherently, its rare to have teams that win on the regular with no flashy anything. Oddly the Patriots would probably be that, minus Brady, the Ravens were that on offense, other than Ray Lewis, what raven really sold jerseys until Lamar? Not sure. I can see your point, but generally speaking I think winning is the quickest route to anything of note.

A good example of that to me is when Odell Beckham said he thought he saved the Giants during that down period especially with young fans.  With this team the dam ultimately broke with the fans as to sales.  That never happened with the Giants.  From a pure young football fan standpoint, younger fans especially seem to like the stars.  They will wear jerseys of the stars.

You won't go to Disney and find people wearing Daron Payne jerseys.

And again of course just win and who cares what star power you got if so.  But that line doesn't apply to us, its not that we win boring. This team simply doesn't win -- so both the losing and lacking star power is a double punch in the gut.

2 hours ago, The Consigliere said:

It is interesting to think about changing teams though. For me it was impossible, like suddenly becoming an extrovert after being an introvert all my life. Just not something it was or is possible to be authentically. These teams I locked onto when I was a kid and that was a wrap. Only significant change since was going from hating the niners with a passion and the raiders with a passion to grudging respect for the niners as an adult, and being open to my kid following either team he prefers or anyone else. But for me? Can't change, wish I could, the past 30+ years have totally sucked, fandom of the expos and indians growing up was nothing but torture (still is for the most part other than '19), wizards fandom is comically ridiculous, Caps fandom puts Red Sox old claims about curses to shame (no other team in sports history has ever had a sub .500 record in playoff series when up by 2 games, except the caps) until '18 anyway. Its basically been unending misery which is why being a fan of the USMNT, and experiencing 2002, and 2009 was so transformative, 2002 was a thrill ride that ended but even the ending was a bittersweet triumph (utterly jobbed by the refs, we could always dream about the fact that we outplayed Germany and got hosed in the QF's, and in '09, a single half away from lifting the Confederations Cup championship after beaing undefeated in years Spain, and then Brazil in the final (before choking that second half 2-0 lead away and losing to Brazil 3-2). USMNT fandom has been my source of joy since I accepted the redskins would suck forever 20+ years ago, so the Snyder snail has been inexplicable in certain ways. hope again? What the ---- am I supposed to do with hope? really? What craziness is this? 

Yeah for me I don't change teams, ever.

I think it was funny and apt to see Andy Pollin making fun of Steve Czaben (radio personalities) who bailed on the team to become a Packers fan or watching Chad Dukes (radio personality) who switched to being a Titans fan being goofed on twitter for it.  Though to each their own.

The way I see it is when this team finally turns it around and I think they will, fans like us will enjoy it to no end.  Like drinking champagne when you are thirsty in the desert.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

As far as I'm aware, here are upcoming FAs who have experience wearing the green dot on defense: Xavier McKinney, Bobby Wagner, Jordan Hicks, Azeez Al-Shaair, Shaq Leonard

Al-Shaair was a SF UDFA in 2019 so potentially a Peters guy. McKinney is also a great player. Those two would be tops on my wish list, followed by Jordan Hicks.  

Yeah McKinney should receive immediate activity from us!

I like Al-Shaair Hicks and another LB I believe is Luvu. I can see Vrabel trying to grab him if he was given a shot someplace.

I feel like Wagner is too old, want to bring in younger FA's

Edited by DWinzit
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think it was funny and apt to see Andy Pollin making fun of Steve Czaben (radio personalities) who bailed on the team to become a Packers fan or watching Chad Dukes (radio personality) who switched to being a Titans fan being goofed on twitter for it.  Though to each their own.

The way I see it is when this team finally turns it around and I think they will, fans like us will enjoy it to no end.  Like drinking champagne when you are thirsty in the desert.

used to listen to Czabe a lot and still follow on twitter, its weird seeing someone jump into another team... like watching your dad with a new wife. Anyway, I don't get how people were able to fully switch. Our family kind of decided to watch an AFC team more closely and pull for certain players, my youngest son is the passionate one about NFL ball still and he quietly cheers on the Bills. He hates the chiefs bc of all the bandwagon fans here in St Louis and we dove head first into the XFL/UFL.

I hope what we see on the horizon is the beauty of sticking this whole thing out. what a disaster its been, I can't think of any fan group that has had to deal with what we have - name change, crap owner, crap team on the field, drama, terrible stadium and facilities... we even somehow screwed up the richmond training camp experience from what I understand (only made the trip there once) 

On the draft front and MLB/ Def QB side, I really hope Trotter, Wilson or Cooper are on our radar in the 2nd/3rd. How many rookies come in at that position and are able to hold it down on the communication/play front? I am drawing a blank on young MLB contibutors

I completely understand the need to upgrade OT on this team, and the FA pool for OT is very shallow. But as we saw last year, that position goes quickly in the draft -  you can be choosing in the third "tier" of OT's by the time the team's 2nd round picks come up.

I would not be heart-broken if they used the 2nd round picks on Beebe and JPJ.   Both of them play hard with attitude and I consider them top tier G and C for this draft.

:229:The Rook

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

29 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Yeah McKinney should receive immediate activity from us!

I like Al-Shaair Hicks and another LB I believe is Luvu. I can see Vrabel trying to grab him if he was given a shot someplace.

I feel like Wagner is too old, want to bring in younger FA's

Yes. Luvu is the best off ball LB in FA and he wore the green dot this season in Carolina.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Chump Bailey said:

Top 20 TE’s

1. Brock Bowers Georgia *Ridiculous athlete
  2. Ja’Tavion Sanders Texas
  3. Cade Stover Michigan
  4. Jaheim Bell Florida State
  5. Jared Wiley TCU
  6. Eric All Iowa
  7. Theo Johnson Penn State
  8. Ben Sinnott Kansas State
  9. Dallin Holker Colorado State *Phenomenal hands
  10. AJ Barner Michigan
  11. Byron Nesbit UNC
  12. Tanner McLachlan Arizona *Sleeper potential
  13. Trey Knox South Carolina
  14. McCallan Castles Tennessee
  15. Isaac Rex BYU
  16. Baylor Cupp Texas Tech
  17. Tip Reiman Illinois
  18. Austin Stogner Oklahoma
  19. David Martin Robinson Temple
  20. Brevyn Spann-Ford Minnesota

*Sleeper potential

Dylan Leonard Georgia Tech

Thomas Yassmin Utah *Injured Sr.

Devin Culp Washington

Sinnott, Cupp and Knox are the guys I'm most interested it 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Sinnott, Cupp and Knox are the guys I'm most interested it 

My top 5:

Bowers

Stover/Sanders

Sinnett

Bell

The rest fall from there.

Sinnett is my favorite....3rd rounder please!

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Any one kinda feel that with Peter’s here now that will end up trading back?. Just feel like the press conference he was not impressed with the roster one bit . Got a feeling will trade back and get a LT first round than maybe go QB later in the rounds .

We got so many needs it isn’t even funny . Let’s not forget about crappy our corner back situation is .

Edited by Commander202
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

used to listen to Czabe a lot and still follow on twitter, its weird seeing someone jump into another team... like watching your dad with a new wife. Anyway, I don't get how people were able to fully switch. Our family kind of decided to watch an AFC team more closely and pull for certain players, my youngest son is the passionate one about NFL ball still and he quietly cheers on the Bills. He hates the chiefs bc of all the bandwagon fans here in St Louis and we dove head first into the XFL/UFL.

On the draft front and MLB/ Def QB side, I really hope Trotter, Wilson or Cooper are on our radar in the 2nd/3rd. How many rookies come in at that position and are able to hold it down on the communication/play front? I am drawing a blank on young MLB contibutors

Some do it from the jump like Kuechly, some not right away.  Pierce did it his first year as a starter. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Consigliere said:

The easiest way to explain this is: Do you think the Niners saw that Purdy was a monster talent, were genius and decided to let every team in the league have 4-10 bites at the apple before picking him? Or do you think, as I know, that the niners liked him as a QB value dart throw late, and would throw him into the stable while they focused on getting Lance in position to start, and would see and evaluate him in the season and see if they could work him in as a starter? The truth here is that Purdy wasn't a "Plan", he was a speculative value late, that they invested in with no sense in any universe they were taking the best QB from the '21-'22 QB classes combined. They had NO idea Brock Purdy was Brock Purdy which is why they didn't take him in rounds 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 which they 1000% would have if they'd known he was this talented. 

The sad truth is that the vast majority of elite QB's in this league are 1st round picks, or day 2 guys (and primiarly 1st rounders), day 3 hits happen, but they are so infrequent that literally everyone knows their name. That's why you remember Kurt Warner, Tony Romo, Tom Brady, Dak Prescott, Kirk Cousins, Brock Purdy etc. Because they are so exceptionally rare. Do you remember the hundreds of Chris Hakel's, Jordan Palmers and Gibran Hamdans and Cory Conklin's? Nope, for anyone other than Redskins fans, those names fade away into the ether with the rest of the 95% of said day 3 QB's who never make the slightest imprint on NFL history and are totally forgotten. It's not a plan, it's the lottery, the ultimate hail mary. Can they happen? yes, and they do. Usually about 2 of them hit per decade, out of a gigantic pile of failures. This doesn't mean we shouldn't try when we see a profile we like like Purdy's or Howell's, we should, but it's not a plan of any sort, its a speculative dart throw, blindfolded. The chances of success are less than 10%, and by success I mean the QB having any long term utility at all on a roster, actually becoming a good or great QB is even more rare. 

Yeah, that's something odd about a person saying 1st round QBs are a crapshoot and then pointing to mid or late round gems. The hit rate on QBs after the 1st round is absolutely abysmal. Like single digit percentage abysmal. So it makes no sense to complain about 1st round QBs being a crapshoot and then inferring that it would be better to draft other positions high and take flyers on QBs late.

Also not sure why he was suggesting that we've been taking tons of swings and misses. The vast majority of our 1st round picks have been on other positions. So we've actually been doing exactly what he says he wants. And where has it gotten us? Sucking but almost never bad enough to have another crack at a blue chip QB prospect. In the last 30 years we've picked a QB in the top 10 two times. And one of those was the massive trade up for RG3. Shuler was a pure bust but RG3 was looking like a star until his injury and then diva attitude took him out.

So the notion that we keep trying and failing with high 1st round pick QBs is just a completely false storyline.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Commander202 said:

Any one kinda feel that with Peter’s here now that will end up trading back?. Just feel like the press conference he was not impressed with the roster one bit . Got a feeling will trade back and get a LT first round than maybe go QB later in the rounds .

We got so many needs it isn’t even funny . Let’s not forget about crappy our corner back situation is .

You wont get very many people agreeing with you on this, but I will.  I look at the past few drafts in San Fran and these day two picks are amazing. 

We have nine total picks right now, and WAY more than nine holes on the roster. Trading down makes sense unless you have one of these QB prospects rated as "cant miss".  I dont therefore I am trading down.

• Thumb up 1

15 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Also not sure why he was suggesting that we've been taking tons of swings and misses. The vast majority of our 1st round picks have been on other positions. So we've actually been doing exactly what he says he wants. And where has it gotten us? Sucking but almost never bad enough to have another crack at a blue chip QB prospect. In the last 30 years we've picked a QB in the top 10 two times. And one of those was the massive trade up for RG3. Shuler was a pure bust but RG3 was looking like a star until his injury and then diva attitude took him out.

So the notion that we keep trying and failing with high 1st round pick QBs is just a completely false storyline.

I mentioned this on another thread which is I think some are going through the shock of this recent Ron season where it feels like we don't have a single unit that is strong as if that colors the whole last 30 year run.

But the truth is we've had a good O line for most of that run.  For some of that run good defenses, good running game, good weapons.

The idea of surround our young QBs with weapons and an o line and a running game isn't a new episode.  it's a rerun.  Lets give Jason Campbell more time and strengthen the roster around him.  Did that.  Same for Patrick Ramsey.   Lets not bail on RG3 after the injury or Haskins after his rookie season, etc.  Did that.

Running this back with Howell and building up the rest of the roster is a page from this team's playbook for the last 30 years.

What isn't is picking at #2 without trading up and taking a QB.  And starting that new regime with that QB.

Gibbs inherited Ramsey.  Zorn inherited Campbell. Jay inherited RG3.  Ron inherited Haskins.  All with the task of make it work, build around him.  It failed every time.  Making the new HC make it work with Howell and build around him -- would be the definition of insanity which is trying the same thing again and again and expecting a different result.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

When you have a shot at a blue chip QB you take it. No guarantees you'll get another chance again. In fact we're lucky that we only had to wait four years.

I tend to think its de rigueur to be back drafting fairly early if you screw up after rock bottoming. Nearly all the teams that had rock bottom seasons and missed in recent years, came back to visit the top of the draft against. The bears whiffed on Trubisky, and have visited the top of the draft multiple times since, getting Fields via trade, last year having the ability to take Stroud or Young, this year having a chance at Williams due to a trade out last year. The Jets whiffed on Darnold and got another bite with Wilson, and probably would have again this year if the Quarterbacking had been a bit more consistently worse and the defense not so good, the Giants whiffed in not taking a QB in '18, took a QB in '19, and came damn near landing in position again in '23, The Cardinals blew it with my lost love Rosen in '18, came back for Kyler in '19 and landed top 4 again this year (and were a lock for top 3 until they shocked the Eagles late and won 2 of their last 5 after only winning I think 1 of their first 10), the Panthers whiffed on Young last year and would have had the #1 this year if not for taking the wrong guy via trade up. 

The weird truth is that if you really suck and earned that top pick that you drafted a bust with? You'll be back at the top of the draft the vast majority of the time. Even w/us, whiffing on RGIII? We picked in slot 2 just two years after drafting him. Rams whiffed on Bradford, and were back to take a swing at Goff a few years later. Basically, and I don't know why this doesn't stick w/people as a positive, but it should, if you miss, you'll be back to shop again real soon, because if you miss badly, you miss real real bad, and usually it means you'll be picking high very soon. The worst case scenario as we all know is not quite missing and not quite hitting. It's getting guys this past decade like Winston, and Mariota in 15, or Goff and Wentz in '16, or Baker in '18, or Lawrence or Mac Jones in '21, or Pickett in '22, where your team, or your QB selection or both, are decent enough, and so you're just, stuck. That is the true nightmare, stuck with a QB and a roster just good enough for the 10-20 zone, but not the blue chip zone, where barring luck, like Mahomes in '17, or Allen and Lamar in '18, you're gonna be looking at a bunch of Pickett types who are just good enough, or not bad enough to propell you up or down properly.

But I think I've done a good job of listing what normally happens, which is, a big hit, or a big miss, and since we are garbage w/or without QB, we are not a team like the Jets with Wilson, or Mariota's Titans, where even w/terrible or subpar QB play, we can still play .400-.500 ball. Nope, we are a team where if we draft a bust, will be like the Cardinals in recent years, or the Jags the previous decade when they got like 3 bits in 10 years with Gabbert, Bortles and Lawrence. Some people hate to consider that possibility, but lets be straight here, we were a truly horrible team in 1993-1995, 1998, 2002-2004, 2006, 2008, 2009-2011, 2013-2014, 2016-2023. Some years mild variations where we were a .400 team, most years, .400 or much worse. What I want, more than anything, is the QB and the build that comes around him. If we have bad luck, and draft a bust, or a subpar guy like Sam Bradford etc, I want to crater and try again. It does not bother me in the least trying again, that means you can actually fix it. My preference is pretty simple:

1.Nail that QB

2. Suck enough to try again, like the Cardinals, Bears, Jets, Jags etc usually do.

My nightmare is what it has been for thirty years, sucking just enough to get by and pretend we can make a run another year instead if we just slap some vet QB in place, or some adequate 13th-23rd QB in the slot and get by because of superior defense and a running game or whatever.

---- all that. Fix the QB position for freaking once in my lifetime since I was a kid. For the love of God it's only happened once via the draft the past 75 years. That's ridiculous. Fix it!!! In this league you cannot get by with "just good enough" at QB. You've got to get "good or better". Hopefully it will happen with this class, and we don't get dropped in the dunk tank yet again. We'll see. But if it does, so be it, try again. How hard is that? Not hard at all. What's hard? Trying this whole 1993-2023 bull---- again. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chump Bailey said:

Top 20 TE’s

3. Cade Stover Michigan
  4. Jaheim Bell Florida State
  5. Jared Wiley TCU
  6. Eric All Iowa
  7. Theo Johnson Penn State
  8. Ben Sinnott Kansas State
  9. Dallin Holker Colorado State *Phenomenal hands
  10. AJ Barner Michigan
  11. Byron Nesbit UNC
  12. Tanner McLachlan Arizona *Sleeper potential
  13. Trey Knox South Carolina
  14. McCallan Castles Tennessee
  15. Isaac Rex BYU
  16. Baylor Cupp Texas Tech
  17. Tip Reiman Illinois
  18. Austin Stogner Oklahoma
  19. David Martin Robinson Temple
  20. Brevyn Spann-Ford Minnesota

*Sleeper potential

Dylan Leonard Georgia Tech

Thomas Yassmin Utah *Injured Sr.

Devin Culp Washington

That's a lot of TEs you watched, I think am about 10 so far.

My top 3 is the same.  I like Sinnott more than you but with the disclaimer that I want to see him run first.  If Sinnott runs well he might be my 3rd or even 2nd in this class.  But if his running is bad, he's dropping on my list.

I pushed Wiley here weeks ago and have seen so little hype for him.  Not that I love him as a player but i like his potential, big dude who plays with some physicality and looks like he can run well enough but will see at the combine. 

Jaheim Bell, size wise and among other things reminds me some of a dude i liked (not loved) Brevin Jordan years back.  Jordan had a monster play in the playoffs last week.  He's been ok but nothing killer so far in his career.   Mid to late rounds, I'd be good rolling the dice.

Barner I like as a blocker.  Rich man's John Bates?

Eric All i talked about recently as a late round boom-bust type that I'd roll the dice on in the late rounds or UDFA? Injury history and his drops -- drop him for me.  But he looks the part.  Has potential.

Nesbit as a late rounder intrigues me but he's another dude i have to see run. 

I just started watching Tanner McLachlan -- I don't know if he's a sleeper though especially with him going to the Senior Bowl.

i liked Spann-Ford in 2022.  But the 2023 version dropped. Speaking of drops he has an insane number of drops.

If Peters love of YAC, SF style comes into play here, you figured they'd dig Sanders.   Probably Bell too but wonder about his physicality because of his size.

Been working on compiling numbers, here's what i go so far at TE. 

Screen Shot 2024-01-18 at 5.52.24 PM.png

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

LSU did not miss a beat without him in the bowl game. 

To be fair, neither did USC miss Williams in their bowl game. Not saying it has a ton of meaning...actually a bit of the opposite. I don't put a ton of stock in it, the same way I don't necessarily put a ton of stock in it when a backup QB comes in and kills it for a game. The opposing team has zero film on him and no clue what to game plan for.

That's a pretty brutal grade on Daniels in that tweet. I don't think I'd go so low as 3rd round grade, but I can see many of his points in the game cutups I've watched of Daniels so far. I think he's a big time boom/bust prospect. And his swizzle stick frame scares the crap out of me with how he runs and throws his body around.

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

A good example of that to me is when Odell Beckham said he thought he saved the Giants during that down period especially with young fans.  With this team the dam ultimately broke with the fans as to sales.  That never happened with the Giants.  From a pure young football fan standpoint, younger fans especially seem to like the stars.  They will wear jerseys of the stars.

You won't go to Disney and find people wearing Daron Payne jerseys.

And again of course just win and who cares what star power you got if so.  But that line doesn't apply to us, its not that we win boring. This team simply doesn't win -- so both the losing and lacking star power is a double punch in the gut.

I don't know how they do it. I meant Snyder sale by the way, not snail. Geeze, my keystrokes suck these days. I think w/some people, probably NBA first fans, it's because they follow the player rather than the team so it makes it easier to switch, but some people are band wagony. Like even though it's always about 25% stupid, I listened to Cousin Sal ****ing at Bill Simmons for praying for the #1 or #2 pick all season, about him cheering on losing and how un-fanish that is, how wrong as a fan, and I've been arguing with this dumber than ---- take for 30 years at this point, and it's so easy to counterpunch it, especially with an idiot like Cousin Sal. I always wanted to put in Bill's mouth my argument, "Sal, you're a lifetime New Yorker. And Guess who your favorite teams are? The Yankees, who were winning everything when you were a kid, and the Cowboys, who were America's team when you were a kid. Genius, you're a front runner, the loyal teams you stuck yourself onto were the well heeled Yanks, and the Cowboys, who were in the middle of a run of 20 consecutive years making the playoffs. You literally never had to cope with being a fan of a team that sucked until you were wrapping up high school, in any sport you cared about, and for most of your adulthood either. Of course your against tanking, your teams NEVER NEEDED TO TANK!!! You even lucked into franchise QB's over and over and over again: Don Meredith, Roger Staubach, Danny White, Troy Aikman, Tony Romo, Dak Prescott-You've had uninterreupted franchise QB's for 55 freaking years, why would you need to tank?!?!?! But that aint true of other teams genius, so of course they're tanking, they haven't lucked into a franchise QB UDFA, one of only two this century like Romo, or a day 3 Pro Bowler like Dak!!!""" My rant goes on and on in my head. It is oh so easy for fans of teams in cities that always contend or can always just sign the best free agent/or napalm an organizations talent for overhyped NY prospects like the Yanks, or for teams that have always had franchise QB's to poo poo tanking. Bill does the same crap with basketball, wanting the changes that have happened to the lottery so stupid organizations don't get rewarded but in a league like the NBA where competence and attractive cities rule in a sport dominated typically by 10-15 players, the lottery is literally the only hope period for half the leagues teams to compete since no FA is EVER going to Orlando, Charlotte, Milwaukee, Salt Lake, OKC willingly etc. 

I just cannot stand, entitled idiots like Sal and to a lesser extent Bill, who just don't understand that the draft IS hope. For a franchise like ours? You bet your --- I want tanking. The league is completely controlled in the NBA and the NFL by singular players, in the NBA, by that elite handful, in the NFL by teams that either have, or do not have franchise QB's. If your spoiled by the greatest QB in the last 30 years, or 60 years of uninterrupted HOF's like Cousin Sal is, you're hopelessly blind to this reality. But it is reality. Admittedly, I dont care nearly as much as the NBA, not my sport, and it's so kind of "controlled" by a handful of franchise and talents, that it feels as rigged as big 5 club soccer in europe as anything else. 

Anyway, rant over. In terms of changing teams, its been impossible. I thought about not caring anymore, and Ive come close. I've loved dynasty fantasy (I started playing in '15, regular fantasy in '98, keeper in '02, but dynasty was and is my true fav thats captured me far more than the redskins) but the redskins have just killed the fandom, but changing teams? Its just not possible. It's like loving Disney or the Sound of Music, that stuff went into my veins when I was a small child and I'll always cherish it. Well, the fav sports teams for me locked into place in elementary school. How do I pretend that isn't real? It is. I can cheer the niners for my dad's joy in his last years before he passes on sometime in the next decade or longer, but I can't love them. It's just not possible, it's not in me. I could read that fabulous article on him though, my gosh was it incredible. 

Here it is if you didn't see it:

49ers legend Joe Montana reflects on legacy ahead of Super Bowl - ESPN

But yeah, I can read that, and remember all of it, because its where I grew up and I witnessed it all, but it's still not my team and can't be. Never will be. Just the way it is, and yeah, I'm pretty suspicious of people that can change it up so easily, I don't know what kind of fandom it is, but it isn't the genuine sort all of us lunatics that register thousands of posts on an antique internet format like message boards feel, and it can't have that depth, at all. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chump Bailey said:

Top 20 TE’s

3. Cade Stover Michigan

I assure you that while Cade, in retrospect, probably wishes it was Michigan, he is indeed a Buckeye. Good player, though. 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, illone said:

You wont get very many people agreeing with you on this, but I will.  I look at the past few drafts in San Fran and these day two picks are amazing. 

We have nine total picks right now, and WAY more than nine holes on the roster. Trading down makes sense unless you have one of these QB prospects rated as "cant miss".  I dont therefore I am trading down.

We might surround the roster with more depth so that the next qb that comes can be successful. Thats just me I mean if someone told me we can get a starting LT and maybe Bowers or Dallas turner all in the first I’d be very tempted .

Edited by Commander202

35 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That's a lot of TEs you watched, I think am about 10 so far.

My top 3 is the same.  I like Sinnott more than you but with the disclaimer that I want to see him run first.  If Sinnott runs well he might be my 3rd or even 2nd in this class.  But if his running is bad, he's dropping on my list.

I pushed Wiley here weeks ago and have seen so little hype for him.  Not that I love him as a player but i like his potential, big dude who plays with some physicality and looks like he can run well enough but will see at the combine. 

Jaheim Bell, size wise and among other things reminds me some of a dude i liked (not loved) Brevin Jordan years back.  Jordan had a monster play in the playoffs last week.  He's been ok but nothing killer so far in his career.   Mid to late rounds, I'd be good rolling the dice.

Barner I like as a blocker.  Rich man's John Bates?

I looked at an article that compared those that were closest to Kittle and the first two on your list were compared to him.  Maybe because they measured Kittle as the best TE overall in the NFL.  Well, we have the GM that found Kittle, so we are in good hands.  No pun intended but Peters can find the next one w/o selecting him in the 1st or 2nd rounds.  

• Like 2