Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It's going to be a long 3.5 months.  So many draftniks and media people who have commented on this based on whom they talked to say different people have a different order for these QBs.

I am I gather more relaxed about this than some here because I'd be good with any of those three QBs for different reasons.  Jayden would be a lot of fun but can he hold up?  But regardless, I'd be jazzed for any one of the top 3.

My train is Jaylen but right there with his is the Drake train too.  :) 

I have not personally studied the big 3 but I can say via tangential information I am 99.9% convinced that we should not give up capital to move up to #1 if we pick 2nd and just be happy with the QB that falls into our lap.

I like all 3 lotto tickets. No reason to pay a premium when they are all good.

"Oh no, a QB prospect I liked went #1... guess I'll just have to chose between these other two QBs I like"

success.jpg.5bf22ca99afd00991fd764c8782517f7.jpg

• Thumb up 2

21 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Thanks for sharing. Pretty good listen. Covered a lot of ground for non-local guys.

But, I had trouble with the intro where they confused Slovick with his dad. And don’t like how they don’t entertain moving Wylie off of RT. 

It does make me want to dig more info on the Miami and Baltimore OC’s.

I will say that signing Jaylon Johnson is easier said than done. Lots of teams are going to want him. But I like most of their approach.

Yeah PFF is an odd defender of Wylie.  But I don't expect to agree with anyone about everything especially when talking about a full off season like they attempted to do.

16 minutes ago, RWJ said:

My train is Jaylen but right there with his is the Drake train too.  :) 

I am on all three trains.  But I want the 2nd pick where they have more options.  

Tough call based on what various national reporters have said about who goes where.  As many of them said, it really depends on the taste of that specific FO because all three QBs are so different.

If I had to spit ball this based on just what's been said.

80% chance Caleb goes first.  10% Maye.  10% Daniels

As for #2 it seems like a toss up between Maye and Daniels.

But this is before all the FOs are set -- its not just ours that changes but NE likely changes too.  And its before the whole draft process unfolds that I bet changes things at least a little.  So if there is a tipping point for one QB right now, that may change of course in the next few months.

Daniels is the one at the Senior Bowl so that will give him good exposure. But we got the combine, medicals, interviews, proday, etc.   So it should be a wild ride and it will be fun (assuming they lose to Dallas) to have a front row seat to that party for a change.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am on all three trains.  But I want the 2nd pick where they have more options.  

Tough call based on what various national reporters have said about who goes where.  As many of them said, it really depends on the taste of that specific FO because all three QBs are so different.

If I had to spit ball this based on just what's been said.

80% chance Caleb goes first.  10% Maye.  10% Daniels

As for #2 it seems like a toss up between Maye and Daniels.

But this is before all the FOs are set -- its not just ours that changes but NE likely changes too.  And its before the whole draft process unfolds that I bet changes things at least a little.  So if there is a tipping point for one QB right now, that may change of course in the next few months.

Daniels is the one at the Senior Bowl so that will give him good exposure. But we got the combine, medicals, interviews, proday, etc.   So it should be a wild ride and it will be fun (assuming they lose to Dallas) to have a front row seat to that party for a change.

I think that is a forgone conclusion that we lose to Dallas.  Dallas wants that #2 seed and they will play their starters until they know victory is theirs.  It shouldn't take long.  I expect their 2nd teamers on the field during the second half.  I also expect a Pittsburgh and Indy win to lock up enough SOS points w/o counting on a NE win plus a Saints win too. :) 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I go Corum #1 but Lloyd for me is #2, one of my fav watches so far for players as I've hit here a bunch of times.

I love Lloyd. Underutilized as a receiver, too. He and Corum are so fun.

So is Trey Benson. He is an absolute animal. 

Lots of fun backs.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

I think that is a forgone conclusion that we lose to Dallas.  Dallas wants that #2 seed and they will play their starters until they know victory is theirs.  It shouldn't take long.  I expect their 2nd teamers on the field during the second half.  I also expect a Pittsburgh and Indy win to lock up enough SOS points w/o counting on a NE win plus a Saints win too. :) 

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

There is no such thing as a foregone conclusion when it comes to the Commanders.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 4
  • Thumb up 2

I absolutely love this RB late in the draft.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

giphy.gif

I am not superstitious.  

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I love Lloyd. Underutilized as a receiver, too. He and Corum are so fun.

So is Trey Benson. He is an absolute animal. 

Lots of fun backs.

Yeah Tre Benson is really good, too.

None of these guys are going really high in mocks.  Granted they all could be wrong.  But i am hoping they are right.  I'd like in theory doubling up on O line in the 2nd or O line and WR.  I am guessing BPA and need marry up in that range.

I think there is a good chance that either Corum, Lloyd or Benson are there in the third especially if we end up picking 2nd in the third.  

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

There is no such thing as a foregone conclusion when it comes to the Commanders.

We find out on gameday but there are supposed to rest some of our starters, many are injured and won't play.  This is the worst fielded team we have had all year long against a decent D.  Dallas has something to play for.  Us.....you know the answer to that.  

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

We find out on gameday but there are supposed to rest some of our starters, many are injured and won't play.  This is the worst fielded team we have had all year long against a decent D.  Dallas has something to play for.  Us.....you know the answer to that.  

This is the exact scenario I fear. Playing a bunch of hungry guys that want to stick on a roster against a team who is going to probably take us lightly.

Dallas should win. 

But in the NFL there are no guarantees

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

This is the exact scenario I fear. Playing a bunch of hungry guys that want to stick on a roster against a team who is going to probably take us lightly.

Dallas should win. 

I don't fear this game at all, KDawg.  That's just me.  I know Dallas will do theirs and now I look at other teams to win, (i.e., Pitts, Indy, N.O.) that gives us enough SOS points to not have to be concerned about NE winning the game.  

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Dallas should win. 

VoR hacked your account?

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Lots of fun backs.

This draft is built for us.

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

A.  the roster has a good enough base where you can get good again fast considering all the draft capital and cap room they have.

This sounds familiar.

@ThatNFLChick you sure do post very similar to a member from the not too distant past…….in a good way. You have some good views.

8 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am I gather more relaxed about this than some here because I'd be good with any of those three QBs for different reasons.  Jayden would be a lot of fun but can he hold up?  But regardless, I'd be jazzed for any one of the top 3.

I think I probably am too, with Williams being my preference. Getting a new QB clearly is the priority, but I really want to see a FO that can maximise draft value too and show some innovation, without getting too clever of course.

9 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

I have not personally studied the big 3 but I can say via tangential information I am 99.9% convinced that we should not give up capital to move up to #1 if we pick 2nd and just be happy with the QB that falls into our lap.

I like all 3 lotto tickets. No reason to pay a premium when they are all good.

"Oh no, a QB prospect I liked went #1... guess I'll just have to chose between these other two QBs I like"

This assumes that the FO and scouts see all 3 as relatively equal, which would be unlikely. If they really like one guy over the other two, then IMO they should make a play to go get him.

Start to hunt around for my this years version of Keaton Mitchell. Late round type.  Speed back who can catch.  It might be Blake Watson though he doesn't look quite as fast as Mitchell but he has long legs with some homerun ability and is explosive. 

I would go with Bucky Irving over Watson -- as to a back in this style but Irving I suspect goes somewhere in the 4th round.  As a later rounder or UDFA, I'd pounce on Watson.  And i don't think he's that far off from Irving but backs like this tend to get lost in the sauce in the draft process so I am guessing he falls just like Mitchell did.

Some sick stats.  Played for Old Dominion and then last season with Memphsis  Over 50 receptions for almost 500 yards receiving.  1151 yards as a rusher, 6 YPA.  3.74 yards after contact.   

Patient runner.  Sometimes too patient.  Runs a bit upright.  They run him gap at times from what I saw but IMO in the pros he's more suited to zone-outside zone. Even though he's smallish, he's a feisty runner, not the easiest dude to bring down once he has some momentum but you can bring him down in the back field when he doesn't build up steam.  He has decent contact balance.

He's really good at getting open on delayed routes.  Something this offense has done in spurts and its worked well but oddly we don't do it a heck of a lot. 

Seems to have good vision, makes quick cuts in the open field.  Has good hands.  Nice spin move.  Fun player who pops when you watch him. 

• Like 1

We really do not have many player under contract for 2024. I count 44 players, and I would say a good 7-8 of those players are likely camp bodies or never get to camp via releases. This doesn't count 5-6 players I think man here expect to be cut (Leno, Wylie, Gates, Thomas) or traded (Allen).

Without doing anything we are already in a position for a near roster turnover. Taking out the cut candidates (let's assume 50% are cut/traded of the 6 listed) that puts us down to 32-33 players that are currently on the roster that we should realistically expect back. 

Bottom line: Lots of work to do ...

Most work to be done with: OG, DE, OT, CB, LB, RB, WR

Offense (24)

QB (2): S. Howell, J. Fromm

RB (2): B. Robinson, C. Rodriguez

WR (5): T. McLaurin, J. Dotson, D. Brown, D. Milne, M. Tinsley

TE (5): L. Thomas, J. Bates, C. Turner, C. Hodges, A. Rodgers

OT (6): C. Leno, A. Wylie, T. Scott, B. Daniels, J. Good-Jones, A. Akingbulu

OG (2): S. Cosmi, C. Paul

OC (2): N. Gates, R. Stromberg

Defense (18)

DE (5): K. Henry, A. Jones, S. Toney, J. Harris, J. Pryor

DT (4): J. Allen, D. Payne, P. Mathis, J. Ridgeway

LB (1): J. Davis

S (3): Q. Martin, P. Butler, D. Forrest

CB (5): E. Forbes, B. St. Juste, C. Holmes, T. Castro-Fields, K. Blu-Kelly

ST (2): T. Way, T. Addington

36 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

Totally agree with Allbright, it's all about picking the right one for your team, keep your options open too.

The Broncos don’t have a 1st round pick or he wouldn’t be talking about those guys. If they had the #2 pick they’d be thrilled to take the QB talent we have a shot at…they don’t. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah PFF is an odd defender of Wylie.  But I don't expect to agree with anyone about everything especially when talking about a full off season like they attempted to do.

Their scoring breaks when teams run a ton of quick game. Easier for bad players to win reps or go neutral in those situations. I feel the Miami linemen have inflated scores due to their scheme.

• Like 1