Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Me, too.   As I said then a poor man's J. Gibbs but not that poor.  I ironically took him for the Dolphins on the board's mock draft saying that team lives for speed.

Yup. Figuring Gibbs would never be available I had Achane earmarked as the one weapon they should have identified as a need. OL and him with a TE, CB and LB later

12 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Yup. Figuring Gibbs would never be available I had Achane earmarked as the one weapon they should have identified as a need. OL and him with a TE, CB and LB later

I talked about it some when Keim mentioned they had some interest in him. But apparently Quan was higher on their list.  And he went before Stromberg.

Must be cool and unique for teams to actually have players who they draft who can help them right from the jump.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I talked about it some when Keim mentioned they had some interest in him. But apparently Quan was higher on their list.  And he went before Stromberg.

Must be cool and unique for teams to actually have players who they draft who can help them right from the jump.  

You do realize that Quan has already contributed a tackle and an assist right? :ols:

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Honestly can't be any worse than what Forbes been doing at that

I liked him as a FS, slot corner in college.  According to those watching camp, he looked goof, but then he struggled some in preseason and I gather now is buried deep on the bench.

Sounds like Forbes might be too.  Basically Rivera's answer to what's been wrong on defense in the last few days centered on their rotations and benching Forbes.

If they want to rebuild Forbes confidence, I don't think Rivera helped that with him making a big deal about their answers on defense features benching Forbes as a main plot line.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

UNC and USC in primetime at 7:30 tonight on ABC and NBC.  Good chance for everyone to check out Williams and Maye against top 25 match ups.

Should be entertaining.  likely 100% irrelevant for this team and the draft unless some crazy crash happens for the season.  But I'll watch.

Chris Tyree is nice.  Got some build up speed and he is a skillful route runner.  I don't know if he's an NFL caliber athlete as a WR, but potential late round gem?

Those deep out throws by Williams 😧.  The ball explodes out of his hand and it is such an easy looking release.  IMO his arm is a level up from Anthony Richardson's.

5 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

This Bo Nix is a competitor....is he a 1st round QB? 

He's making a strong case for the 1st round that's for sure,  but Penix is the better prospect in my opinion and I'd put him right behind Williams and Maye.  The only that scares me about him is his history of injuries.  He's had knee and shoulder injuries I believe. 

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

As a []_[] fan, Drake Maye is struggling BIG TIME with man coverage and pressure. He’s taking sacks at a real high rate… most not his fault but he’s getting hit a ton.

Seems North Carolina knows QB's but no clue on OL.

Maye was popped a couple times by untouched safety blitzers in the first half. (I missed the 3rd Q) . I think it was Couch and Kitchens who whacked him. Kitchens looks good by the way there Mr. U fan

1 hour ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I know its not the point of this thread, but I just gotta say, what a terrible game for Lincoln Riley. Making no adjustments, terrible clock management at the end of the half and now this, wasting minutes on little running plays down 18 in the 4th.

He's a bonafide quarterback whisperer, but as far as the whole package of being a HC goes, I think it's becoming clear he doesn't have it.  He can't build or coach defense, and his OLs have been total garbage at USC.  It actually feels like Oklahoma came away better with Venables, something I never would have expected when he first left.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Keon Coleman, WR, FSU - Went to Michigan State before. 6-4 215. Dude can do everything. Possession, wide catch radius, acrobatic grabs. Guy is an excellent player. Keep an eye on him.

He posterized Clemson Week 1 so many times. Dude is an animal.

Jayden Daniels is also a ton of fun to watch. He's thin though, 6'3 200, but has the arm talent and athleticism. I don't recall him taking too many shots.

MLB is still the most probable first round pick to me. You'll lose a first round talent at end, so it does offset the talent loss.  

Probably drafting in the late teens or early 20s, so there's a chance at the top ILB on the board: Gray or Trotter Jr. I have yet to look at the class, but looking forward to it. 

The only other options are OT or DE.

Leno probably gets another year with Daniels as an unknown. Looking like 2025 1st round pick.

Figure they will want to keep the last DL spot inexpensive, so day 2 pick more probable.