Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Naw. TEs in the 1st are a trap.

Remember the insane hype Kyle Pitts got? I said at the time he wouldn't live up and he's been completely invisible in the NFL.

You want a good TE you take one between rounds 3-5. 2 at the earliest.

They could completely turn their team around by hiring an offensive minded head coach and drafting Williams/Maye and Marvin Harrison Jr.

Kyle Pitts actually had 1,000 yard receiving season as a rookie (1,026).  Then they went to from Matt Ryan to Marcus Mariota to Desmond Ridder.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, philibusters said:

Kyle Pitts actually had 1,000 yard receiving season as a rookie (1,026).  Then they went to from Matt Ryan to Marcus Mariota to Desmond Ridder.

1000 yards over 17 games in today's pass happy NFL is kinda meh.

Dude was hyped as generational. He should be racking up production no matter who the QB is.

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Remember the insane hype Kyle Pitts got?

I'd take Kyle Pitts right now. He had a great rookie year and then got injured, which is a familiar story around here, and he has Desmond Ridder at QB this year.

53 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Dude was hyped as generational.

I automatically ignore anyone who says a player is "generational." It's the single most hyperbolic, over-used adjective in sports.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Brock Bowers is at the top of my list still. As long as we can fortify OL in FA and the rest of the draft. 

Also, WTF are we going to do about corner? BSJ committed pass interference at least twice last night, and I feel like that’s borderline the case every time he’s near the action. And then Forbes. I’m not closing the door on Forbes’ career, but we need to fortify the CB position.

36 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Be at Fault for Alt!

We should have a shot at Alt or Fashanu in the first

Barton, Paul, Suamatamai, Latham could all be there in the second

Van Pran or Frazier in the second would be nice too, because Gates sucks

How much better would this OL be with Alt if he was the one upgrade on the OL?

Also, I think Fashanu and Alt are both going to 6 or so. I don’t think we wind up picking that high, and if I move up, it’s probably for a QB

3 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

How much better would this OL be with Alt if he was the one upgrade on the OL?

Also, I think Fashanu and Alt are both going to 6 or so. I don’t think we wind up picking that high, and if I move up, it’s probably for a QB

Jets, Pats, Bengals, Texans, Titans, Broncos, Raiders, Bears, Panthers, Cards, Giants, Vikings are the 12 teams that could finish worse than us.

Most of those teams will improve and our schedule is about to get really hard. I think we'll draft close to 5 and definitely below 10.

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Jets, Pats, Bengals, Texans, Titans, Broncos, Raiders, Bears, Panthers, Cards, Giants, Vikings are the 12 teams that could finish worse than us.

Most of those teams will improve and our schedule is about to get really hard. I think we'll draft close to 5 and definitely below 10.

I would welcome that. 

Crazy question…if Howell keeps playing at this level, how much trade value does he have if we want to make some moves and grab a QB?

2 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I would welcome that. 

Crazy question…if Howell keeps playing at this level, how much trade value does he have if we want to make some moves and grab a QB?

Probably a second rounder for whereever Bieniemy would go for his next OC gig IF that team needs a QB.  With a little bit of bad luck, maybe a third?

Edited by philibusters

1 minute ago, Anselmheifer said:

I would welcome that. 

I don't know, but I'm not trading him away for what he'd fetch. 

I'd rather fix the OL with draft picks this year. You don't get a shot at a premier LT every year.

53 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Be at Fault for Alt!

Barton, Paul, Suamatamai, Latham could all be there in the second

Van Pran or Frazier in the second would be nice too, because Gates sucks

Alt would also be my number one target. I like Bowers a lot as well. But I think we may be picking too high to pick him. Edge would be a possibility as well IMO. Really we need help everywhere. Just take the BPA for once please instead of reaching for 2nd round talent in the first round. 

• Like 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Alt would also be my number one target. I like Bowers a lot as well. But I think we may be picking too high to pick him. Edge would be a possibility as well IMO. Really we need help everywhere. Just take the BPA for once please instead of reaching for 2nd round talent in the first round. 

I'm extremely happy we'll have a new GM next season.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 10/3/2023 at 9:42 AM, Warhead36 said:

Maybe, but man it'd be tough to pass up on Harrison jr. 

Then include McLaurin in the package. We can find receivers. If we want one of the top 2 QB's, and think he's a top 5 guys, then I'd grab him and build for the future. 

On 10/3/2023 at 7:01 AM, DWinzit said:

The cost would be extreme to reach one of those two QB's, probably Howell and an RG3 type draft capital trade. That would be a giant statement move for the ownership. 

We would then be strapped with making some big upgrades on the OL or risk killing our shiny new toy. 

As I said above, if you can get a top QB, you pay the price and grab him. The RGIII trade was a failure because RGIII got hurt. 

If the new staff wants to roll with Howell, maybe we just go all in on OL and try to treat him a little bit like Rypien. Killer OL and weapons and lean on the offense. Find some DC that can field an average defense. 

But depending on how the season goes, if the new staff wants to grab an elite QB, I wouldn't hesitate to include Allen/Daron/McLaurin. If you hit on the QB, all anybody would ever say was how smart you were to make the move. 

3 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

Then include McLaurin in the package. We can find receivers. If we want one of the top 2 QB's, and think he's a top 5 guys, then I'd grab him and build for the future. 

As I said above, if you can get a top QB, you pay the price and grab him. The RGIII trade was a failure because RGIII got hurt. 

If the new staff wants to roll with Howell, maybe we just go all in on OL and try to treat him a little bit like Rypien. Killer OL and weapons and lean on the offense. Find some DC that can field an average defense. 

But depending on how the season goes, if the new staff wants to grab an elite QB, I wouldn't hesitate to include Allen/Daron/McLaurin. If you hit on the QB, all anybody would ever say was how smart you were to make the move. 

After last nights performance I'd say any player could be on the table. 

I really thought we had become better than this, but nope.

6 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Let's say we finish around pick 5/6 and they're both there.  I say **** it, pick one then trade several picks and next years 1/2 to the team drafting immediately behind us and take the other one too.  One of them has to be able to play on the right side :)

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1