Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 NFL Draft Watch and Post Thread - The Hangover Special

KDawg

1 hour ago, The Consigliere said:

It's basically a swing for the fences, Charles Haley, type selection, where you've already got a great roster, and if he can hit, and get his house in order, holy ---- is that team good and if you miss, well, you just came a whisker away from beating (and playing with the whole game) the best team in the NFL over the past four seasons. So it's basically a big fat swing for the fences with noted low floor risk if he's a mental case/criminally minded pos, but if he can get his act together, BOOM! 

They signed Hargraves for a reasonable contract years ago and when he hit 10+sacks and needed another contract, they let him walk and then drafted a top player in the draft to replace him and will get a comp pick back for Hargraves. It's a home run pick for them. It's also a lot lower risk with the support staff that will be around him.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Wyndorf25 said:
Just did a quick mock. Id be pretty happy if things turned out like this the rest of the way...

47.  TE Michael Mayer, Notre Dame -- Not the speedy TE that EB would covet most, but a very good, all around player
97.  S  JiAyir Brown, Penn St. -- Buffalo Nickle candidate, can play S and CB
118. OT Carter Warren, Pitt -- Serviceable OT at a decent value
150. Edge Isaiah McGuire, Missouri -- Lengthy and disruptive, but undisciplined at times
193. RB Keaton Mitchell, East Carolina -- Small, but speedy and electric pass catcher that could step into the 3rd down RB role
215. ILB Cam Jones, Indiana -- Athletic LB with decent play recognition
233. OC Alex Forsyth, Oregon -- Position flex C/G. Solid depth

I'd love that draft

You got a bunch of my favs in that group.  Forsyth and Mitchell made my guys list.  Mayer is one of my favorite players in the draft. 

Ji-Ayir Brown -- ball hawk, good blitzer, fun player

Warren is probably my favorite flier --post 2nd round tackle.  I like him over Freeland and Morris.

McGuire is a dude I touted some on the draft thread -- can set the edge.  Good pass rusher.

I can take or leave Cam Jones but that late in the draft what the heck

31 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Thank you. I think Amerson ran a 4.6 too, which is why there was talk of moving him to safety. 

The “Amerson vibes” comments are silly.

It was just a dude on twitter who posted it and it caught a little fire for whatever reason.  Amerson had his worst season from what I recall his last year before the draft which wasn't a good sign.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

Freudian slip with the Heinicke?

I believe his name was Weinke

no, actually I thought his name was Heinke, I actually even thought briefly of him when we first signed Heinicke

3 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Mayer would be a great fit for us.  I will be pleasantly shocked if he drops to 47.

Judging by earlier twitter posts the team allegedly likes the TE from Oregon State (Musgrave) more. 

Personally I'd take a risk on the Iowa TE (LaPorta) in Rd 3 if he's still there. Iowa knows a few things about producing them. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

Judging by earlier twitter posts the team allegedly likes the TE from Oregon State (Musgrave) more. 

Musgrave is a DOG.

except…

image.thumb.png.d16a65ced419154e4308ba54b7dd0350.png

In 3-4 years he played in 20 games. Of 48. 

And had 47 receptions. This guy makes Forbes and his 165 pound frame look like it’s made of adamantium. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

For comparison sake, here are just the Pro Bowlers (7) that the Eagles drafted in the 2nd round during the Snyder era: Michael Lewis, DeSean Jackson, LeSean McCoy, Zach Ertz, Miles Sanders, Jalen Hurts, Landon Dickerson

2008 we had 3 picks...and still ****ed it up!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Musgrave is a DOG.

except…

image.thumb.png.d16a65ced419154e4308ba54b7dd0350.png

In 3-4 years he played in 20 games. Of 48. 

And had 47 receptions. This guy makes Forbes and his 165 pound frame look like it’s made of adamantium. 

Kittle had 48 catches in 4 years at Iowa. He also played a total of 25 games. He turned out ok. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

Kittle had 48 catches in 4 years at Iowa. He also played a total of 25 games. He turned out ok. 

Though I would not mind a stud TE, Im real curious to see what EB can do with the ones we currently have.

4 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Help me out here. Wasn’t Kittle just a backup and missed a few games due to injury? 

Whereas Musgrave is mostly due to injury? I know he missed most of the 22 season with a knee injury. 

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

My flashback on FB was about a post I made 7 years ago where I was happy with the Josh Doctson pick. 🤪

Michael Thomas went 24 picks later that year. Derrick Henry went 22 picks later that year. Tyreek Hill went in the 5th round that year.  

• Haha 4

@Koolblue13 dare to dream now.  And me, too. I can't believe Keion White is on their list.  Ron all is forgiven with me hitting you for being too need driven in the draft -- if you take him.    Achane would be a blast, too.

I like Bergeron but otherwise I like the players Keim mentioned in his 2nd tweet better than his first

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Last ditch effort to sell Laporta (who may be the only offensive guy I'd take at 47 that isn't a OL (basing on BPA, even)

image.png.9de9c7c957908e5d45d495c1cd339632.png

Now, some context.

The Iowa offense was the among the worst offenses in the 2022 collegiate season. They were 123rd of 131 in scoring. 

They completed roughly 15 passes per game for 13 games. They completed 192 passes.

LaPorta had 58 receptions.  That is 30.2% of the Iowa Hawkeyes total receptions. 

The Hawkeyes had 2,037 total passing yards in 2022. LaPorta had 32.2% of their total receiving yards. A THIRD of their ENTIRE passing offense went through him.

Imagine what this animal could do with players around him that are competent. 

He was productive in his young years and improved in nearly every category every season as well.

I rest my case.

• Like 4

Just now, KDawg said:

Last ditch effort to sell Laporta (who may be the only offensive guy I'd take at 47 that isn't a OL (basing on BPA, even)

image.png.9de9c7c957908e5d45d495c1cd339632.png

Now, some context.

The Iowa offense was the among the worst offenses in the 2022 collegiate season. They were 123rd of 131 in scoring. 

They completed roughly 15 passes per game for 13 games. They completed 192 passes.

LaPorta had 58 receptions.  That is 30.2% of the Iowa Hawkeyes total receptions. 

The Hawkeyes had 2,037 total passing yards in 2022. LaPorta had 32.2% of their total receiving yards. A THIRD of their ENTIRE passing offense went through him.

Imagine what this animal could do with players around him that are competent. 

He was productive in his young years and improved in nearly every category every season as well.

I rest my case.

I am 100% with you.  Laporta, who made my guys list, is one of my favorites.  But alas I've not heard his name of late from Keim, though he mentioned him earlier.

Would I want him over Keion White or Mayer?  I don't think so, but he'd probably be next for me.

You talked about Musgrave and this team supposedly likes him.

I watched a lot of Musgrave this week.   He has a great catch radius and seperates well.  But he's not a physical player at all.  One of the worst YAC numbers in this group.  When he has the ball he's so easy to bring down.

But Laporta is an animal with the ball in his hands.  Musgrave might be the worst TE in this group as to breaking tackles, Laporta is arguably the best at it. 

• Like 2