Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

3 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

it's just not an issue right now, we have more pressing matters. the brand has a huge negative connotation associated with it and they'yre trying to improve it by community outreach which is good. already off to a good start, he purchased 1000 beers for the boys in the bullpen last night

Ignoring the question is very different from “he says it’s not a priority”, though, is VoR’s point I think. 

• Like 3

Just now, spjunkies said:

The guy just paid 6.5 billion for the team, he knows the name is an issue but he's simply not going to crap on his brand right now lol.

- $6.05B lol

- The name is so far down the list it's a waste of breath to speak even 4 words about it right now

- If the team succeeds this season, it will drop even further down the list

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Harris talking about culture is so satisfying 

I really do think a lot of the things he talked about have changed in a lot of ways.  I think Wright and Rivera have run a pretty clean ship for the last few years, and he even acknowledged that in an answer saying something like "we are led to believe a lot of that has already happened."

• Like 6

So, lost in all of the "interesting" stuff about the name, the stadium, his experiences, community outreach, fan experience, etc. etc. etc. might be his #1 point:

Just win baby.

Ron must have been sitting up there going, "damn, my 14 year plan might need to happen faster."

I think he and the other owners said the words "win", "winning" or "championship" at least 30 times.  

The message could not have been clearer, and probably didn't even need to be said, but it was: Ron and this group have to win early and often or they will "fight bravely and die quickly" to borrow a phrase from "The Mask of Zorro."

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

So, lost in all of the "interesting" stuff about the name, the stadium, his experiences, community outreach, fan experience, etc. etc. etc. might be his #1 point:

Just win baby.

Ron must have been sitting up there going, "damn, my 14 year plan might need to happen faster."

I think he and the other owners said the words "win", "winning" or "championship" at least 30 times.  

The message could not have been clearer, and probably didn't even need to be said, but it was: Ron and this group have to win early and often or they will "fight bravely and die quickly" to borrow a phrase from "The Mask of Zorro."

Yep, it’s was very clear. Everyone knows the remit. Win.

• Like 1