Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Two weeks out and I'm about as confident that I'll make it as I am when we have a 13 point lead in the 4rth.  :ols:

As someone who has now spent nearly a month as a 50 year old, and therefore an expert on the subject, it's not that big a deal.

Edited by actorguy1
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

As someone who has now spent nearly a month as a 50 year old, and therefor an expert on the subject, it's not that big a deal.

Counterpoint - I tweaked a hamstring getting out of bed a few weeks ago. 

• Haha 12

50 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

As someone who has now spent nearly a month as a 50 year old, and therefor an expert on the subject, it's not that big a deal.

Well, I'm really stressing not being a teenager any more and that I'll probably have to start wearing collared shirts outside of work more often.

Do I have to buy my own jean shorts and white new balance sneakers or do they just appear?

14 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Well, I'm really stressing not being a teenager any more and that I'll probably have to start wearing collared shirts outside of work more often.

Do I have to buy my own jean shorts and white new balance sneakers or do they just appear?

Internally, I have certainly felt peer pressure to dress my age but that has never really stopped me from wearing what I want. Also, mentally, I vary between a 13 year old and a 25 year old so age is just a number for me.

Apologies to others for continuing non-football talk in the Stadium 😜

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

As someone in the 40+ crowd, I have never worn jean shorts, save for the early 90s when it was cool 😎 

• Thumb up 1

28 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I’m not old. I’m ‘classic’. 🙂

In all fairness, I myself cracked my femur at the top where it connects to the pelvis, a couple of months ago, tripping over a chair, in the middle of the night. 😁

But, of course, we all need to sit back sometimes ... reflect ... and give serious thought about what kind of world we are going to leave behind for Keith Richards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

I'm not quite 50 yet.  Late 40's.  None of it bothers me. 

The hardest birthday I had was 28.  But at 28, you're definitively no longer in your "mid 20's."  And the only thing after "late 20's" is 30's and death.  At least that's what I thought in my mid-20's. As it turns out, I would not return to my mid-20s under any circumstance, I much preferred 30's and 40's.  But clearly I didn't know that then.  

Once I got over the not being in my mid-20's anymore, I've been absolutely fine ever since.

Though, I did have to have decompression treatments for 3 months because my neck is collapsing on my ... well neck.  Which doesn't sound possible but here we are anyway.  

There is only ONE 17 in my book.

CBS Sports profiles Redskins Camp - Hogs Haven

8 hours ago, MartinC said:

Counterpoint - I tweaked a hamstring getting out of bed a few weeks ago. 

I had a back spasm tying my shoes, pulled a muscle in my shoulder yelling at my daughter that took a week and a half to heal.

please put me out of my misery - Sick Spiderman - quickmeme

• Haha 5

21 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I had a back spasm tying my shoes, pulled a muscle in my shoulder yelling at my daughter that took a week and a half to heal.

please put me out of my misery - Sick Spiderman - quickmeme

I hear you. I put my back out sneezing. 

With the all the cracks and pops I sound like a drum solo when I stretch in the morning.

On 7/3/2023 at 5:47 PM, Rex Tomb said:

As someone in the 40+ crowd, I have never worn jean shorts, save for the early 90s when it was cool 😎 

Oh, so you were a "rich kid."  Jean shorts were the final stage of pre-teen dresswear in my home and most friends

stage 1) New Jeans only worn for first day of school and company

stage 2) Forgetfully go play in new jeans. Jeans get a patch, while your ass needs one

stage 3) Everyday jeans need a patch on their patch

stage 4) knee patches no longer hold. Mom reminds you that "we're not made out of money" and you suddenly have a new pair of "cut-offs." (nobody that I knew ever called them "jean shorts" as everyone knew what a pair of cut-offs were

Edited by bowhunter
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

13 hours ago, bowhunter said:

Oh, so you were a "rich kid."  Jean shorts were the final stage of pre-teen dresswear in my home and most friends

stage 1) New Jeans only worn for first day of school and company

stage 2) Forgetfully go play in new jeans. Jeans get a patch, while your ass needs one

stage 3) Everyday jeans need a patch on their patch

stage 4) knee patches no longer hold. Mom reminds you that "we're not made out of money" and you suddenly have a new pair of "cut-offs." (nobody that I knew ever called them "jean shorts" as everyone knew what a pair of cut-offs were

Haha far from it, but I actually didn’t wear jeans much as a kid. I was more of a corduroy and/or khakis kinda kid.  I guess this isn’t advancing my argument as much as I thought 😆

• Like 1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/wizards/josh-harris-philadelphia-76ers-owner-has-roots-in-washington-dc/2012/05/07/gIQAWeqQ8T_story.html

Harris’s boldest move was going outside the sports world to hire his top deputy. Adam Aron was a longtime Apollo associate who had experience running cruise lines and ski resorts, among other ventures. His marketing background and Philadelphia roots, Harris figured, were what the 76ers needed.

Aron immediately launched a Web site called NewSixersOwner.com and invited fans to submit suggestions. “They just poured in,“ said Aron, who is a minority member of the team’s ownership group, which also includes actor Will Smith. “We got 6,500 ideas. It was like hiring 6,500 free management consultants.”

Harris knows the sport and knows the players, but he has no designs on making basketball decisions. He says he won’t flip the 76ers for a quick profit but is still running the team largely according to the Apollo blueprint: Hire smart managers, articulate a vision, hold people accountable.

Collins says because Harris is familiar with the Wall Street roller coaster, his patience has translated well to this other sport. “You don’t stage a parade for a five-game winning streak and you don’t blow things up with a five-game losing streak,” Collins said.

Josh Harris, Philadelphia 76ers owner, has roots in Washington

Copy%20(2)%20of%20HARRIS-1_1336165800.jpg?uuid=MLvpapioEeGcAEh2U4gA1g
Philadelphia 76ers owner Josh Harris, left with CEO Adam Aronbefore a game against Detroit in January. (Steven M. Falk/STEVEN M. FALK)
May 7, 2012

PHILADELPHIA — Josh Harris’s trip to the big game began long before the black Escalade picked up his family that afternoon from their home in New York. It began before he purchased the Philadelphia 76ers last fall. Before the first billion and before the first million, too.

Harris stood deep in the bowels of the arena before his Sixers took on the Chicago Bulls in their first-round playoff game. Cheerleaders were warming up just a couple of feet away, as Harris was getting debriefed on the night’s elaborate pregame player introductions — video projected onto giant white sheets, lasers, pyrotechnics.

It sounded nothing like the Washington Bullets games Harris grew up attending at the Capital Centre. Those were more thrills, fewer frills. “Wes Unseld, Elvin Hayes, Phil Chenier — they were something,” Harris said.

Harris is a Chevy Chase native who joined the NBA’s small fraternity of owners last October, heading a group that purchased the 76ers for $280 million. After graduating from the Field School in Northwest Washington, he attended the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania. He’s returned to Philadelphia three decades later, hoping to resuscitate pro basketball in a rabid sports town — no easy task.

The day after he was announced as owner last October, the Philadelphia Daily News published an all-caps, bold headline on its front page: “Rich Penn guys hope to turn Sixers around . . . Good luck with that.”

The team immediately slashed ticket prices, and less than seven months later, attendance jumped by more than 15 percent, the largest increase in the NBA. The 76ers have also sold more new season tickets for next season than any team. Harris says the franchise will come close to breaking even in Year One.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Aron immediately launched a Web site called NewSixersOwner.com and invited fans to submit suggestions. “They just poured in,“ said Aron, who is a minority member of the team’s ownership group, which also includes actor Will Smith. “We got 6,500 ideas. It was like hiring 6,500 free management consultants.”

I like that.

I hope something like that gets launched for us shortly after the sale is final. You could even announce it at the opening press conference.

A wing on the team focused on reaching out to the community and taking their pulse on a variety of subjects surrounding the team. Its a great olive branch to show your putting in the effort to listen to the fans and their complaints.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

A wing on the team focused on reaching out to the community and taking their pulse on a variety of subjects surrounding the team.

Just please don't ask fans about the subject we're not supposed to talk about in this topic. There are more important things that need to be addressed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, RVAskins said:

Just please don't ask fans about the subject we're not supposed to talk about in this topic. There are more important things that need to be addressed.

They’re gonna get metric digi-tons of unsolicited advice on that topic whether they ask for it or not lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6