Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

14 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Stage 1- Jason’s ownership transferred 

stage 2- Ron’s ownership transferred 

stage 3- Gm’s ownership transferred 

stage 4- players ownership transferred 

stage 5- stadium ownership transferred 

stage 6- redskins park ownership transferred 

stage 7- remaining employees ownership transferred 

stage 8-  the name transferred 

stage 9- Major Tuddy is finally transferred and Harris has full ownership by Christmas.

The Dan can keep that god aweful mascot...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Looks like we are in for delayed gratification on this sale

A more grateful group would call that “edging” and enjoy it! It’s all about how you frame these things 🧐 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

I guess after looking at the books and knowing the team needs a new stadium and HQ, it's going to cost quite a bit of money. Plus whatever legal stuff Dan leaves in his wake. I'm all for Harris bringing in the money and doing things the right way.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That's my take on all these limited partners. They want to put together a stadium deal and it will take big bucks. I bet eventually, once these limited partners have made some money, Harris will buy some of them out.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

That's my take on all these limited partners. They want to put together a stadium deal and it will take big bucks. I bet eventually, once these limited partners have made some money, Harris will buy some of them out.

It's part of the reason why I was good with Harris did 30% and no more.   Hold on to as much cash as possible  Feels like all hands on deck for the stadium money wise.  Plus today's 30% is still a lot. Wild that Magic Johnson spent more money on his end of this purchase than Jerry Jones did buying the whole team back in the day. 

I know some here think Jason Wright is a boob.  For me personally i don't care if he stays or goes.   But I've liked from what I've read about how he's approached the stadium quest, miles better than Bruce.   And for me that's all I care about it.  But if they get rid of Jason, i'd bet they agree with him that the stadium is the be all and end all.   

So I gather all hands are on deck when they buy the team to chase that stadium.    It wouldn't surprise me if they kept Jason for some time because of the initial leg work put forward on the stadium.  But with or without Jason, I think they likely go to town on the quest and fast.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hard work and a humble beginning
Where Morgan stands as founder and CEO of the multi-billion-dollar empire he’s built in Morgan Properties is a far cry from his upbringing as the youngest of three siblings in a middle-class family, forced to work full-time to pay his way through business school and law school at Temple.

But for all his resounding success, Morgan retains his Philly kid sensibilities, always remembering his roots and—more importantly—what they taught him. It isn’t lost on him and others that his own life story is the quintessence of “Temple made.” 

“Mitch Morgan has known this campus as a student, and as a trustee,” said President Richard M. Englert. “He has walked these streets and the areas around campus. As a longtime board member, he has already had a great impact on shaping Temple—especially the physical plant—and making it the school we see today.”

Morgan spent his earliest years in Philadelphia’s Mount Airy neighborhood, the son of a man who returned from serving in World War II and drove a taxicab to earn a living before opening eight shoe stores around the city. When Morgan was 4, his family moved to Springfield, Montgomery County, where he completed most of his elementary and high school years, until age 17, when his father declared bankruptcy and moved the family to more affordable Conshohocken. There, Morgan finished his final year of high school and graduated from Plymouth Whitemarsh. 

“My father, who had some financial difficulties along the way, actually went bankrupt twice before I was 18,” Morgan explained. “He was an interesting businessman. He had a great vision for style. He just didn’t have any mind for the budget. I would always say as a kid, ‘Dad, what’s your budget?’ And he would say, ‘Oh, I have a feel for it.’ Unfortunately, he didn’t have a feel for it.”

It was perhaps this early-developed eye for the budget and firsthand witness to his father’s struggle in business that inspired Morgan to pursue a degree in accounting. He started at Temple in 1972. 

“I had classes from 8:30 to 12:30, and then I went right to the shoe store,” Morgan recalled.

Upon graduating in the midst of a recession, Morgan sold life insurance for a short time after completing his bachelor’s in 1976. He then all but begged for his first accounting job, where he earned just $1.65 an hour—less than he earned selling shoes—while attending law school at Temple in the evenings.

“I realized what I wanted to do in life by realizing what I don’t want to do in life,” Morgan said. “I didn’t want to sell shoes, but I did, because I needed to support myself, like a typical Temple student. You work and you go to school. You have no choice, you have to do both.”

Although he earned his law degree in 1980 and, to his mother’s delight, passed the bar exam, Morgan never worked as a lawyer. He instead employed his JD to bolster his credibility and expertise in the accounting world. He moved through other accounting jobs, including one at Laventhol & Horwath, then based in Rittenhouse Square, before finding his way into the multifamily apartment business, where he first worked as a chief financial officer before again learning what he didn’t want to do.

“I didn’t want to work for anybody,” he simply puts it. In 1985, he established his company, Morgan Properties, which has since grown to become one of the largest apartment owners in the country, and the largest landlord in Pennsylvania, Maryland and New Jersey. Morgan Properties employs 1,200 people and owns more than 160 apartment complexes in 12 states, from New York to Tennessee. 

Morgan Properties purchases apartment buildings typically built between 1960 and 1990 and value-adds, upgrading bathrooms and kitchens and updating HVAC systems, roofs and windows. 

A self-described people person, Morgan takes great pride not only in the business he’s built from the ground up—his two sons and daughter all now work for King of Prussia-based Morgan Properties after cutting their teeth at businesses in New York City

https://news.temple.edu/news/2019-10-09/store-clerk-board-chair-mitchell-morgan-s-story-essence-temple-made

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

edited out offending remark due to helpful intervention from fellow ESer! 

You know this is racist, right? 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1