Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

So what kind of timeline might be looking at? Perhaps the next set of NFL Owner’s Meetings in Minneapolis in May could be in play here.

“I think Minneapolis is definitely in play – I don’t know if this will take a day or a few days, but for many reasons, the league wants this sale to happen, and Josh is an established, well-known sports investor who is already a minority investor in the Steelers,” Novy-Williams said. “The league is familiar with him and wants to get this deal done, so for those two reasons, my guess is this won’t be a long process on the NFL side either this time, or when it’s time to vet Josh.”

There’s one other big thing surrounding this deal, and the rumored $7 billion offer Brian Davis has made: indemnification, aka the new owner agreeing to take on any financial ramifications of any judgments passed against Snyder for transgressions while he was owner.

That could be under review in this phase, Novy-Williams said, and he wouldn’t be shocked.

“I haven’t had many conversations about that situation, and I always thought part of that was a decision that would be made when the thought of Dan leaving was on the table,” he said. “I assume we’re going to have some news on that fairly soon and what he’s leaving a far as legal qualifications, but past conversations I’ve had with other NFL owners, it was a non-starter for them. But that’s easy to say eight months before a deal is done as opposed to when it’s the final hurdle.”

https://www.audacy.com/theteam980/sports/washington-commanders/eben-novy-williams-harris-commanders-bid-in-to-nfl

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

image.gif.188601f40faad5785600e9ad910a7a8a.gif

Davis is an attention whore.  

Seems odd though as I hadn’t heard about him in many years. I definitely remember him from Duke and their first NC. Didn’t remember that he played in the NBA. Knew he had some business dealings and was involved in trying to buy a sports franchise many years ago (maybe this was the United stuff). Vaguely recall he had some problems. But didn’t know the extent until the past few weeks. I don’t see what he’s trying to accomplish here. He comes off more insincere, it’s gonna be harder to commit more fraud as this exposes him in my opinion.

7 minutes ago, Conn said:

I probably skew younger than the average poster on this board (which makes sense since we’re all clinging to a dying medium here in message boards lol), but that’s gotta be the youngest I’ve ever seen Donald Sutherland, by far. Assuming I’m correct and that’s him. 

Yep that's him. Oddball from Kelly's Heros with Clint Eastwood.  A 60s hippie before they invented hippies. Lol

• Thanks 1

Just Wondering out loud about how long it takes the Davis group to claim some kind of wrongdoing in the process that excluded his “highest bid” ? Guaranteed to keep his name in the cycle a bit longer if that’s his goal.

Not sure what’s to be gained by the whole thing on his part other than bringing past failures to light🤷‍♂️

14 minutes ago, ANONYMOUS SOURCE. said:

Just Wondering out loud about how long it takes the Davis group to claim some kind of wrongdoing in the process that excluded his “highest bid”

Neither the Broncos nor the Panthers went to the highest bidder. It's not uncommon for the highest bidder not to get the team. I'm not so sure that the NFL likes the idea of the next owner to indemnify Snyder either. That would keep the league tied to Danny's mess.

The Josh Harris-led group seeking to buy the Washington Commanders forwarded a proposed $6.05 billion purchase of the team to the NFL that includes language to partly indemnify outgoing owner Dan Snyder for future litigation stemming from the many pending investigations into his tenure, according to a person close to Harris.

Edited by actorguy1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

13 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

Neither the Broncos nor the Panthers went to the highest bidder. It's not uncommon for the highest bidder not to get the team. I'm not so sure that the NFL likes the idea of the next owner to indemnify Snyder either. That would keep the league tied to Danny's mess.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Personally, I don't give a rats ass what Vinny thinks or says. Same with Bruce. That chapter has thankfully ended.

2 minutes ago, Bifflog said:

That is interesting. I don't see why the NFL would go along with that. It just keeps the league tied to the mess Snyder created. I don't know if that is just a rumor or perhaps the NFL will send that back to Snyder and Harris and tell them they don't like that part. We shall see.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Well, we just found out why Bezos ghosted from the process. SMFH

Dan just can't give us any peace. 

Dan is scummy and a headache to the bitter end.

The NFL is conducting an informal review of the terms of the tentative agreement by which Josh Harris’s investment group would purchase the Washington Commanders from Daniel Snyder for $6.05 billion, a person with direct knowledge of NFL’s inner workings said Monday.

The review is not part of the league’s formal ratification process, and the deal between Harris’s group and Snyder has not been finalized nor officially submitted to the NFL’s finance committee for vetting, according to that person, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the confidentiality of the sale process.

The league “might have some comments” about the proposed sale and could “have a conversation” with the parties if any of the prospective terms would not be acceptable to the NFL, that person said. Such feedback from the league could aid Harris’s group and Snyder in their efforts to complete the deal, according to that person.

The deal, if finalized and signed, would be formally submitted to the league and considered by the owners on the finance committee. The committee would make a recommendation to the entire group of team owners. The sale would have to be approved by at least 24 of the 32 owners, under NFL rules.

The owners next are scheduled to meet May 22-24 in Minneapolis. The person with knowledge of the NFL’s workings said Monday it’s “not out of the question” that the owners could take a ratification vote on the deal at the May meeting. But it might be “surprising” for the process to move that quickly given all that still must be resolved, that person said.

The owners are optimistic about approving the deal to Harris, three people with direct knowledge of the NFL’s inner workings and the owners’ views said last week.

The owners’ eagerness, based on their desire for Snyder to leave the league with as little additional rancor as possible, could lead them to readily ratify the deal despite a measure of disappointment within their ranks about the sale price and a variety of potential complications, those people said.

Among other issues, it is not clear to what extent the Harris group would indemnify Snyder against legal liability and costs. Since late February, multiple people with direct knowledge of the league’s inner workings have said that Snyder was seeking such indemnification from a buyer or from the league and other owners. The Commanders said in February that such depictions were inaccurate.

The submission of the deal for the NFL’s informal review was first reported Monday by Sportico.

Harris’s group reached an unsigned, nonexclusive agreement with Snyder, three people with direct knowledge of the sale process said Thursday. At least one rival bidder, Canadian real estate developer and private equity executive Steve Apostolopoulos, remains active in the bidding, another person with knowledge of the process said.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

If the rumor is true that Harris has offered to indemnify Snyder, that makes the entire Davis offer even more suspicious. Was Dan trying to get Davis to force Harris to increase the offer and include indemnification? Snyder is such a scumbag I wouldn't put anything past him.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Yeah, that was my first thought too...

Bezos aint going for that crap. He does not have to.

As Peter King pointed out there likely were a host of reasons that made Seattle more attractive than Washington.   I doubt specifically Dan insisting on indemnity was the specific deal breaker. 

The asking price is an overpay and then you got the new stadium expense, new facility expenses coupled with Dan specifically was a douche according to some to Bezos when the bidding started, leaking that he won’t sell to him.

Bezos unlike Rales and Harris didn’t grow up a Redskins fan. And according to some he preferred Seattle from the jump 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As Peter King pointed out there likely were a host of reasons that made Seattle more attractive than Washington.   I doubt specifically Dan insisting on indemnity was the specific deal breaker. 

The asking price is an overpay and then you got the new stadium expense, new facility expenses coupled with Dan specifically was a douche according to some to Bezos when the bidding started, leaking that he won’t sell to him.

Bezos unlike Rales and Harris didn’t grow up a Redskins fan. And according to some he preferred Seattle from the jump 

Their stadium is only 5 years younger than Jack Kent Cooke stadium and will need replacement sooner than later. No doubt it's better than our place, but it's not a brand spanking new place.