Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Convicted felon Donald Trump on Trial (Found guilty on 34 felony counts. 54 criminal count still in the air)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

Should the thread be changed to Conviction Watch?

seems like he’s now been arrested as many times as is currently expected (I guess the GA one hasn’t happened yet but it’s imminent)

on that note i kind of want him to refuse to turn himself in so an arrest warrant is issued. I’m just curious to see how that plays out. 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I'm not sure how good the chances are that it actually gets removed, I see good arguments on both sides.  One important thing is, even if removed to federal court, these remain state charges which Trump could not pardon himself and his co-conspirators from. 

I’ve  been going over this a lot in my head. Here’s my conclusion, based on zero experience:

the office of the presidency has ZERO to do with elections. There is not one task a president has in carrying out or overseeing of elections. Not one. That I’m aware of at least. 

Therefore, trumps role in all of this was as a candidate. Which is not an official federal office to hold. He may have been president, but his actions were on behalf of being a candidate. 

🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 7

Just now, tshile said:

I’ve  been going over this a lot in my head. Here’s my conclusion, based on zero experience:

the office of the presidency has ZERO to do with elections. There is not one task a president has in carrying out or overseeing of elections. Not one. That I’m aware of at least. 

Therefore, trumps role in all of this was as a candidate. Which is not an official federal office to hold. He may have been president, but his actions were on behalf of being a candidate. 

🤷‍♂️

This sounds pretty logical to me. But I'm also not a lawyer, so what do I know?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, tshile said:

These are good arguments for Trump, but Trump isn't the one making the argument (yet).  Mark Meadows is making the argument, and if he was directed by POTUS to do things, that is arguably within his service as Chief of Staff. 

19 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Do they weigh you when you get booked?

Yeah, you immediately get a little mini-physical & a TB test too.  (This was '99 in DeKalb Co, fwiw.)

But he prolly won't go through the whole thing since he's prolly not hangin' around.  Sad.

Edited by skinsmarydu
clarify location.
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

doublestrokeroll was the Tool fan, so by extension he was a Pool fan. 

speaking of pool fans, I should install one on my pool deck…. Thanks for the reminder!

Edit: in seriousness there was TundraScout but not sure the other one

Forever a Redskin. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

doublestrokeroll was the Tool fan, so by extension he was a Pool fan. 

speaking of pool fans, I should install one on my pool deck…. Thanks for the reminder!

Edit: in seriousness there was TundraScout but not sure the other one

Forever A Redskin was “timcast guy”.  I think his account is inactive now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

These are good arguments for Trump, but Trump isn't the one making the argument (yet).  Mark Meadows is making the argument, and if he was directed by POTUS to do things, that is arguably within his service as Chief of Staff. 

Ah, yeah. 

to be honest I was thinking about trump - it was rumors/reported he’s expected to make the same request. 

I’m way less worried about meadows than trump. 

for some reason I get the impression everyone involved in the Fulton county criminal Justice system seems to have a chip on their shoulder about showing the rest of the country they don’t **** around…

between the prosecutors many statements. The deadline for an arrest warrant. Requiring this booking. Sheriff saying they’ll release mug shots and weight…

it just all screams to me they want to show everyone Fulton County Georgia don’t **** around…

(honestly that’s how I expected the feds to be and so far they’ve been very accommodating of his status of former president … which I also get, but didn’t necessarily want.)

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

8 minutes ago, tshile said:

Ah, yeah. 

to be honest I was thinking about trump - it was rumors/reported he’s expected to make the same request. 

I’m way less worried about meadows than trump. 

Trump will almost certainly make the same request, he did so in the NY hush money case (where the conduct occurred in NY and before he became POTUS) and there is only upside for him to do it here.

I'm way less worried about Meadows, but this is a RICO case.  If one (or several) defendant(s) get their case removed to federal court, it would get extremely messy to try to separate out the individual cases to two different courts. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tshile said:

🤷‍♂️

This is the key, Trump was acting as a candidate and that's outside the scope of his office. So this also applies to any of the people around him, they were acting on behalf of the candidate, not the office. That goes for Mark Meadows too, not acting as a president's chief of staff, he was acting for the candidate. 

They might think this argument will fly that it was for the office. It wasn't, it was for a candidate. Big difference.

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1