Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump on Trial (Trump indicted for a fourth time in Georgia. Expands his record of most indictments by a former president)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

4 hours ago, mistertim said:

I don't get the "failure to state an offense" thing. The indictments spell out exactly what the charges are and exactly what the evidence is for those charges. Doesn't seem like rocket science to me.

It's called "grasping at straws". And these filings stink of Trump Think and pressure on his lawyers to file this non-sense.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Ivanka Trump must testify at her father’s civil fraud trial, judge rules

Trump: "I have no idea who this hot piece of ass 'Ivanka' is. I think I might have seen her once or twice, when I noticed her perky breasts and firm but full backside. I really don't remember interacting with her at all, though I would definitely hit that."

Edited by mistertim
  • Thumb up 1

Legal experts: Trump's defense may be doomed as 5 more co-defendants seek Fulton plea deals

Fulton County prosecutors have been in talks about potential plea deals with at least six more co-defendants in the Fulton County, Georgia, indictment related to former President Donald Trump's efforts to overturn the 2020 election, CNN reported.

District Attorney Fani Willis' office has a clearly defined strategy: to persuade as many co-defendants as they can to cooperate against Trump “to convict” the most serious offenders, legal experts say.

“This has been Willis’ strategy the whole time,” former federal prosecutor Neama Rahmani told Salon. “She never wanted to try 19 defendants. She wanted 18 guilty pleas and one trial against Donald Trump.”

Robert Cheeley, a pro-Trump lawyer, declined a plea agreement, his attorney told the news outlet. But at least five other co-defendants, including former Coffee County elections supervisor Misty Hampton and former Trump campaign official Mike Roman, have engaged in discussions regarding potential plea deals with the D.A.’s office, according to CNN. Three other defendants have also been in talks about a potential plea deal with prosecutors.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/legal-experts-trumps-defense-may-191625611.html

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

Federal judge reimposes limited gag order in Donald Trump’s 2020 election interference case

The federal judge overseeing Donald Trump’s 2020 election interference case in Washington on Sunday reimposed a narrow gag order barring him from making public comments targeting prosecutors, court staff and potential witnesses.

The reinstatement of the gag order was revealed in a brief notation on the online case docket Sunday night, but the order itself was not immediately available, making it impossible to see the judge’s rationale or the precise contours of the restrictions.

U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan, who is presiding over the federal case charging Trump with plotting to overturn the results of the 2020 election, had temporarily lifted the gag order as she considered the former president’s request to keep it on hold while he challenges the restrictions on his speech in higher courts.

But Chutkan agreed to reinstate the order after prosecutors cited Trump’s recent social media comments about his former chief of staff they said represented an attempt to influence and intimidate a likely witness in the case.

The order is a fresh reminder that Trump’s penchant for incendiary and bitter rants about the four criminal cases that he’s facing, though politically beneficial in rallying his supporters as he seeks to reclaim the White House, carry practical consequences in court. Two separate judges have now imposed orders mandating that he rein in his speech, with the jurist presiding over a civil fraud trial in New York issuing a monetary fine last week.

A request for comment was sent Sunday to a Trump attorney, Todd Blanche. Trump in a social media post late Sunday acknowledged that the gag order was back in place, calling it “NOT CONSITUTIONAL!”

Click on the link for the full article

On 10/28/2023 at 7:20 PM, PleaseBlitz said:

Shouldn’t Trump be happy that Ivanka gets to testify about his innocence?  That’s how innocent people act. 

I’ve been thinking about this. 

if I recall - ivanka was reported to be surprisingly truthful. Isn’t she where the ketchup story came from? Maybe that was an aid…

I’m not predicting it or anything but I wouldn’t be totally surprised if we find out Ivanka has a conscious and takes it seriously. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tshile said:

if I recall - ivanka was reported to be surprisingly truthful. Isn’t she where the ketchup story came from? Maybe that was an aid…

I’m not predicting it or anything but I wouldn’t be totally surprised if we find out Ivanka has a conscious and takes it seriously. 

Conscious may be a strong word, but I recall reading how she was upset her friends took a step back from her when Trump was in the white house. I could see this is as a more of her wanting to be able to hang out with her old group and being able to say, "I did the right thing". 

• Like 1

In her testimony before the Jan6 committee, she said that she believed Bill Barr when he said there wasn't any election fraud and that Biden was elected. Or words to that effect.

I think she's learned to not be a liar under oath, which puts her intelligence level above her father and brothers. So I think she'll tell the truth on the witness stand, which is why TFG doesn't want her to testify. 

Junior and his sidekick constantly dissemble under oath. That will be interesting. Do they hang dear old Dad, themselves, and their company? Not on your life!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I mean, it doesn’t take much of a conscious to testify truthfully when you are under oath and under penalty of perjury and know that a dozen other people are going to testify about a lot of the same stuff. 

and yet…

I seem to recall people being surprised at her 1/6 interview. Your post was about testifying to his innocence - I think it’s fair to think that’s likely most people’s default assumption. 

so clearly the expectation is that she’d lie or at least pretend she was clueless about it all to try to protect him

Even I said I’m not predicting she’ll give damaging, truthful testimony - just that I won’t be surprised. And I could see that outrage is based on knowing what she said in 1/6 and knowing she won’t go up there and lie for him. 

and it could all be rooted in selfishness. She lives in a family where everyone is out for themselves even at the expense of each other. This is something their father instilled in them. So it would be totally fitting if his own daughter gives him up in testimony for a very serious criminal trial. Why would she put herself on the line for a father that wouldn’t do the same for her? And is also super creepy about her in a sexual way. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tshile said:

and yet…

I seem to recall people being surprised at her 1/6 interview. Your post was about testifying to his innocence - I think it’s fair to think that’s likely most people’s default assumption. 

so clearly the expectation is that she’d lie or at least pretend she was clueless about it all to try to protect him

Even I said I’m not predicting she’ll give damaging, truthful testimony - just that I won’t be surprised. And I could see that outrage is based on knowing what she said in 1/6 and knowing she won’t go up there and lie for him. 

and it could all be rooted in selfishness. She lives in a family where everyone is out for themselves even at the expense of each other. This is something their father instilled in them. So it would be totally fitting if his own daughter gives him up in testimony for a very serious criminal trial. Why would she put herself on the line for a father that wouldn’t do the same for her? And is also super creepy about her in a sexual way. 

I'm not sure which "people" you are referring to who were surprised at her testimony.  I wasn't.  I think all of the Trump family are generally colossal liars, but the stakes change a lot when you are under oath, and she has her own counsel who no doubt told her how to save her own skin. 

Your last paragraph I completely agree with.  Nobody in that family is going to jail to protect any other member of that family, for exactly the reasons you stated (plus she doesn't need daddy's money after the Saudis gave her husband a multi-billion-dollar payment for services rendered hedge fund investment). 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, tshile said:

10 hours ago, GoCommiesGo said:

Conscious may be a strong word, but I recall reading how she was upset her friends took a step back from her when Trump was in the white house. I could see this is as a more of her wanting to be able to hang out with her old group and being able to say, "I did the right thing". 

8 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I mean, it doesn’t take much of a conscious to testify truthfully when you are under oath and under penalty of perjury and know that a dozen other people are going to testify about a lot of the same stuff. 

Okay, after three separate people used the word "conscious" instead of "conscience", I'm starting to wonder if this is intentional.  Did Dumb**** interchange those words and we're all lampooning him for that or something?

• Haha 7