Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump on Trial (Trump indicted for a fourth time in Georgia. Expands his record of most indictments by a former president)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

Admiring the notion that Kevin McCarthy is responding to rumors of a grand jury issuing indictments on criminal matters, by directing the House committees whom he has packed with hand-picked partisans to investigate whether federal money is being spent for political purposes.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Larry said:

Admiring the notion that Kevin McCarthy is responding to rumors of a grand jury issuing indictments on criminal matters, by directing the House committees whom he has packed with hand-picked partisans to investigate whether federal money is being spent for political purposes.  

Don't admire it.  Be disgusted by it. 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, China said:

I don't think it's a matter of if he'll be indicted, but when, how many times and by whom.

Looks like first will be NY, second will be GA, and the DOJ lagging behind in third.

While I think he will eventually be convicted, I'm not convinced that he will ever serve any jail time.  For example, in the DOJ documents case, if convicted he can be sentenced to just fines, and not necessarily jail time.  I also wonder whether he will be allowed home confinement for any other charges he may be convicted of.

Trump will NEVER be convicted of anything.

I really hope this happens, but jesus christ arent we well past the point of taking things Trump says at face value?  He is very likely the biggest liar in history. In all of history. So now he says this and everyone just seems to forget that he lies about everything. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

17 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I really hope this happens, but jesus christ arent we well past the point of taking things Trump says at face value?  He is very likely the biggest liar in history. In all of history. So now he says this and everyone just seems to forget that he lies about everything. 

I think the point is that rational people understand he is a pathological liar, but his supporters don't.  Therefore, his most recent post is another call for his supporters to show up and foment violence in an attempt to intimidate the prosecutors.  It's disgusting, and why it's a problem that nothing has happened after he incited a riot at the Capitol, because he has had no accountability and hasn't learned his lesson.  He needs to be handled brutally and harshly (and preferably, have his tongue cut out and his fingers chopped off).

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

There was already some whispers. I was mostly "I'll believe it when I see it" but Trump being scared makes me more likely to believe. I don't know if he's getting arrested this week though.

• Like 1

Hope it happens obviously but the fact it’s for the Stormy Daniels bush payment is kinda wild and seems to be a relatively weak case. if this isn’t rock solid it just makes him look like the victim of persecution he wants to be. Really wish GA or DOJ classified docs or insurrection stuff came first. They seem more solid and also a lot more serious 

edit: actually, bush works just fine instead of hush. Not fixing it

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Hope it happens obviously but the fact it’s for the Stormy Daniels bush payment is kinda wild and seems to be a relatively weak case. if this isn’t rock solid it just makes him look like the victim of persecution he wants to be. Really wish GA or DOJ classified docs or insurrection stuff came first. They seem more solid and also a lot more serious 

It's OK.  With the way the stupid legal system is set up, the trial for this won't start for 6 months.  By that time there will be indictments in GA and by the DOJ.  The concern is that by taking so long these trials may get interrupted by the DOJ's stupid policy about not going after people during an election.  They took too long to get this far.  But Trump is by no means out of the woods.

Edited by China
  • Thumb up 3

7 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I agree, it's like arresting Al Capone for not filing income taxes.  

But I'll take it, as a first step.  

• Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Counter point:

his entire way of being is the type to see this as a way of getting ahead of it

Just like

i didn’t do that

if I did it wasn’t illegal

if It was I was right for doing it

if I wasn’t then **** you I did it anyways 

etc

it can both fit perfectly and also be wrong. 

Edited by tshile
  • Thumb up 2

35 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

I have zero problems with Trump going to prison for using campaign funds to pay a sex worker. 🤷‍♂️

Michael Cohen went to prison for following Trumps order to facilitate the payment. Why shouldn't Trump?

I don’t have a problem with it if that’s what gets him. I have an issue if this isn’t a slam dunk 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I don’t have a problem with it if that’s what gets him. I have an issue if this isn’t a slam dunk 

I don't see how it's not a "slam dunk" since Cohen, who has been cooperating with the investigation, was found guilty of a campaign finance violation Trump ordered. Trump should be sentenced to a minimum 2 years in prison for that alone. 

I mean Trump wrote Cohen a damn CHECK for it.  Trump even admitted publicly to making payments to Stormy. How much more evidence they need? 🤣

image.png.565e31f51d93193f8a0c2cadce406cbb.png

Edited by Captain Wiggles
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Manhattan DA Bragg privately warns of intimidation after Trump calls for protest

Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg offered a private retort to Donald Trump’s message Saturday urging supporters to protest his expected indictment, telling office employees in an email that “we do not tolerate attempts to intimidate our office or threaten the rule of law in New York,” according to a copy obtained by POLITICO.

“Our law enforcement partners will ensure that any specific or credible threats against the office will be fully investigated and that the proper safeguards are in place so all 1,600 of us have a secure work environment,” Bragg wrote, adding that the office has been coordinating with the New York Police Department and Office of Court Administration, the administrative arm of the court system in New York.

Bragg added that “as with all of our investigations, we will continue to apply the law evenly and fairly, and speak publicly only when appropriate.” In his email, Bragg didn’t identify Trump by name, referring only to the “public comments surrounding an ongoing investigation by this office.”

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 2

‘Send The Florida National Guard To Mar-a-Lago’: MAGA Demands DeSantis Defy Any Trump Arrest By Force

Senior Donald Trump adviser and former Gettr CEO Jason Miller is asking why potential 2024 opponent Gov. Ron DeSantis has yet to weigh in on President Donald Trump’s claim on Truth Social that New York may be planning to arrest him on Tuesday, and he’s not alone on the MAGA right.

But some are more than asking where DeSantis stands — they are demanding he make a stand. As in, with troops and guns and force to prevent any arrest.

Former vice president Mike Pence responded to the claim when speaking with reporters on Saturday, and fellow 2024 Republican primary opponent Vivek Ramaswamy weighed in on Twitter and in a video, resulting in praise for the two from Trump allies like Miller and Trump media figures such as Seb Gorka.

Those Trump figures also demanded to know where both Ron DeSantis and former governor Nikki Haley are.

Click on the link for the full article

I would think DeSantis would be happy to hand Trump over, seeing as he's his rival for the 2024 nomination.

• Haha 3