Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

I think we could use a high end WR across from Terry. When we draft a QB at 2, I want him to have the best chance to succeed and I'd be perfectly happy to invest super heavily in offense at first and let the defense lose games for us so we get one more year of high picks. 

I actually like Gabe Davis as an option in FA

I wonder if Jon Feliciano is a guy they pick up for the OL. He can play center and guard. Wouldn’t be a bad choice for center if Stromberg can’t get his sea legs under him. Sign a full time RG. Then Cosmi could be your emergency tackle with Feliciano as your sixth OL if Stromberg wins the center position.

5 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

I actually like Gabe Davis as an option in FA

I hate watching Gabe Davis, he’s so feast or famine. Mostly famine. With Josh Allen as his QB he never really stepped up despite a dire need for a WR2 there. 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

I think we could use a high end WR across from Terry. When we draft a QB at 2, I want him to have the best chance to succeed and I'd be perfectly happy to invest super heavily in offense at first and let the defense lose games for us so we get one more year of high picks. 

Gotta start winning ASAP to secure everyone's job.  Gotta get the defense back to playing well, and I think that can actually happen in a single off-season via good drafting and proper coaching.

We're going to get our QB this year, we don't need another course of high picks to build with next year.  Outside of the QB position, you don't really need high draft picks to find what you need.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

10 hours ago, Conn said:

I hate watching Gabe Davis, he’s so feast or famine. Mostly famine. With Josh Allen as his QB he never really stepped up despite a dire need for a WR2 there. 

Yep. As an avid fantasy football player, I can attest that Gabe would get zero points in entire ballgames multiple times. So zero catches and zero yards. Then he'd have a game where he catches a bomb TD from Josh and maybe a couple of other good plays and score 21 points. Those were few and far between though. He is the biggest boom or bust wr in the entire NFL. And the bust happens way too often. I would rather go after free agent Tee Higgins. I know he had a lot of bad luck with injuries in 2023 but that isn't the norm for him. He's a really, really good #2 wr.

• Like 2

I’m glad we have new ownership because I feel like if Dan‘s administration was still running the team we would’ve thought we were interviewing Ben Johnson during the entire process but would’ve actually been interviewing Brian Johnson and hired him

• Haha 1

Mike Evans is the prize WR of free agency for me.  The market value of 24 million AAV on Spotrac is steep, but he's a fringe Hall of Famer.  If we can break the bank for one player this winter, let it be him.  He'd bring leadership to the offense and aid the growth of our young QB.

• Like 3
  • Thumb down 1

1 hour ago, Going Commando said:

Gotta start winning ASAP to secure everyone's job.  Gotta get the defense back to playing well, and I think that can actually happen in a single off-season via good drafting and proper coaching.

We're going to get our QB this year, we don't need another course of high picks to build with next year.  Outside of the QB position, you don't really need high draft picks to find what you need.

Yes I believe we need the win/lose record to improve right away. There is no reason that can't be accomplished with good coaching, good drafting and good FA additions. We need the team from front office to coaches to buy into a master plan and bring in the players that best fit the schemes.

18 hours ago, Going Commando said:

Spotrac has Henry's market value at 7 million AAV.  If we can get him close to that, it'd be fine with me.

I like a TE room with Henry, Bates, and a rookie late rounder or UDFA like my guy Brant Kuithe.  I think that would get the job done for year one until we can get to a better draft class.

Henry is OK with me.  I'd slightly prefer Fant -- more explosive, better YAC guy.  Neither dude is exciting to me.  But the pickings are slim.  

8 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Mike Evans is the prize WR of free agency for me.  The market value of 24 million AAV on Spotrac is steep, but he's a fringe Hall of Famer.  If we can break the bank for one player this winter, let it be him.  He'd bring leadership to the offense and aid the growth of our young QB.

Evans is a stud.   I gather especially if Canales stays they will find a way to keep him.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

3 hours ago, Going Commando said:

Yes!!!

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Evans wont come here. Hell go to a team that’s ready to win now. Could see KC going hard after him.

I could see him going to the Texans, and getting a massive 3 year deal from them.

• Like 1

Emmanuel Moseley, CB DET

Oren Burks, LB SF

Tashaun Gipson, FS SF

Burks and Gipson for obvious reasons. Burks is stuck behind Greenlaw and Werner in SF and we need a LB. Was an option before we even got Peters. Gipson is old (33) but could be brought in as a vet option if we let Curl walk. Moseley was with SF as an UDFA in 2018 and with the team til 2022 before going to DET last off season coming off an ACL. 

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins

20 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Emmanuel Moseley, CB DET

Oren Burks, LB SF

Tashaun Gipson, FS SF

Burks and Gipson for obvious reasons. Burks is stuck behind Greenlaw and Werner in SF and we need a LB. Was an option before we even got Peters. Gipson is old (33) but could be brought in as a vet option if we let Curl walk. Moseley was with SF as an UDFA in 2018 and with the team til 2022 before going to DET last off season coming off an ACL. 

Wait, we need LB's and DB's? :806:

Burks and Moseley are players we should definitely keep our eye on.

Regarding Gibson, I don't see the analytic department being too keen on a 33 year DB. He would have a been a nice addition a few years ago.

3 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Emmanuel Moseley, CB DET

Oren Burks, LB SF

Tashaun Gipson, FS SF

Burks yes, the other two no thanks.

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

If we hire Ben Johnson, look for him to bring the Lions' starting LG Jonah Jackson, a Pro Bowler who's about to hit free agency.

Yep him and Connor Williams the Fins C are my big FA targets, but Williams tore his ACL and might be a risk.

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yep him and Connor Williams the Fins C are my big FA targets, but Williams tore his ACL and might be a risk.

Williams had knee surgery in college for an MCL/PCL injury, arthoscopic knee surgery again while in Dallas, and has now torn his ACL twice. I will pass on him.

FA-wise, I'd look at Aaron Brewer from the Titans. Undrafted guy who converted to Center and had a pretty good season this year, is hitting FA and may not return to Tennessee with a new coaching staff. Also has experience at LG, so there's that vaunted *position flex*.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Ohh yeah with an injury history like that Id pass. I think there are a couple good C prospects we can shoot for in the 2nd round.

I'd go for Trenton Brown at RT from New England, too.

Starters before the draft:

Charles Leno-Jonah Jackson-Aaron Brewer-Sam Cosmi-Trenton Brown.

Then draft a bunch of guys and see which rookies outcompete the vets for starting spots.

• Thumb up 1

Just now, CapsSkins said:

I'd go for Trenton Brown at RT from New England, too.

Starters before the draft:

Charles Leno-Jonah Jackson-Aaron Brewer-Sam Cosmi-Trenton Brown.

Then draft a bunch of guys and see which rookies outcompete the vets for starting spots.

Want nothing to do with Trent Brown. He flopped in Vegas after they signed him to a big deal.  This past year, he sucked in NE.  He's had weight problems his whole career.  Do not want him at all.  Would rather package our two 2nds to move up for a RT.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, mhd24 said:

Want nothing to do with Trent Brown. He flopped in Vegas after they signed him to a big deal.  This past year, he sucked in NE.  He's had weight problems his whole career.  Do not want him at all.  Would rather package our two 2nds to move up for a RT.

Good insight.

To be clear, I absolutely think they need to draft multiple OL. But I want to address the position in FA, too, so we're not overly-reliant on any one rookie to start.

• Thumb up 1

On 1/13/2024 at 11:49 AM, Warhead36 said:

Evans wont come here. Hell go to a team that’s ready to win now. Could see KC going hard after him.

I think you're right....He's already been to the mountaintop and will get paid wherever he goes. He should go to Buffalo....if he wants another ring.