Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

25 minutes ago, redskin301 said:

Gilmore turning 33 at the start of the season

dallas can have him 

yeah 3-4 yrs ago I'm worried but at this stage he's a decent to mid tier guy..imho we faced far better last season from the Eagles w/Slay & Bradberry, all this trade did for the Cowboys was they added another name that USED to be really good

4 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I'm personally all for getting a top back, grab ekeler and keep it to a 2-3 year deal. Draft one of the top backs. A strong running game has been elusive since the zone and RPO Alfred morris... but really since CP 

I doubt you have to draft 1 of the top backs....you add Ekeler you still have BRob & Williams with more then likely having to trade Gibson I'd be fine with that but I'm happy with our current RB situation having said all this

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Jon Allen is our #1 top cap hit in 2023. Next 4 after him :

Samuel, Leno, Roullier, Fuller

I’d be addressing that personally. 

ppl everywhere were thinking they drafted Mathis to replace Payne but wouldn't it be totally ironic if it was for Allen after the 23' season

2 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

ppl everywhere were thinking they drafted Mathis to replace Payne but wouldn't it be totally ironic if it was for Allen after the 23' season

Or we drafted him to play the ridgeway/NT role to free up and get the most out of both Allen and Payne…

I definitely think it was a backup plan to Payne but they clearly found something that worked last year with ridgeway and I expect him and Phil to rotate this year. 

Edited by moondog
  • Like 2

So let me throw a name out there for the back up role behind Sam… how about AJ McCarron … he’s doing pretty well right now w/St Louis in the XFL and if I’m not mistaken wasn’t he the back up in Cincy when Zampese was there as OC… just asking cause I’m sure he could be had for nearly league minimum I would think and has been a career NFL back up 

Edited by Command The 414
  • Like 4
  • Thumb down 1

2 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

So let me throw a name out there for the back up role behind Sam… how about AJ McCarron … he’s doing pretty well right now w/St Louis in the XFL and if I’m not mistaken wasn’t he the back up in Cincy when Zampese was there as OC… just asking cause I’m sure he could be had for nearly league minimum I would think and has been a career NFL back up 

Bringing in a backup qb from the battlehawks always seems like a good idea at first doesn't it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

5 hours ago, Command The 414 said:

Davis Mills would definitely be a nice $ wise QB with some experience but let’s be honest would he be the clear #2?  I’m a Sam Howell guy and want him to start but Mills isn’t that bad and the Texans while he was there were a really really bad team in all facets…. We have clear weapons and given that I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility that he couldn’t be the #1 specially with the ties he has with our new QB coach and the system… just saying !!

I was one of the few that really liked Mills pre draft. I would happy to have him here. Plenty of arm for this league for sure. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Jon Allen is our #1 top cap hit in 2023. Next 4 after him :

Samuel, Leno, Roullier, Fuller

I’d be addressing that personally. 

The question with Samuel is do you want to extend him? If so that’s an easy way to handle that.  It’s his last year.

Leno I would leave for now until after the draft.

Rouiller I would release, but I’m not sure we can because he’s still injured.  Maybe an injury settlement….

Fuller I would extend for 1-2 years.  He’s not a top end CB but he’s good enough not to have to replace for a couple seasons.

• Like 1