Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Everything 118th Congress Thread

@DCGoldPants

1 hour ago, Larry said:

Haven't we had members of Congress assault each other?  On the floor?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caning_of_Charles_Sumner

The caning of Charles Sumner, or the Brooks–Sumner Affair, occurred on May 22, 1856, in the United States Senate chamber, when Representative Preston Brooks, a pro-slavery Democrat from South Carolina, used a walking cane to attack Senator Charles Sumner, an abolitionist Republican from Massachusetts. The attack was in retaliation for an invective-laden speech given by Sumner two days earlier in which he fiercely criticized slaveholders, including pro-slavery South Carolina Senator Andrew Butler, a relative of Brooks. The beating nearly killed Sumner and contributed significantly to the country's polarization over the issue of slavery. It has been considered symbolic of the "breakdown of reasoned discourse" and willingness to resort to violence that eventually led to the Civil War.

You know, not for nothing, but a quick bit of research shows the following.

Mullin got a scholarship to wrestle in college.

Mullin has an MMA record of either 3-0 or 5-0 depending on where you look.

Even if they were against cans, I'm going to bet that Mullin (who appears to be in decent shape) would wipe the floor with the teamster guy (who appears to be kind of a tub).

I'm also kind of sad that I'm having this conversation about a sitting member of Congress.  But in an empty room, I'm pretty sure O'Brien wants no part of that.

2 hours ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Can somebody explain “Markwayne” to me?

Apparently the names of two paternal uncles that his family wanted to honor.  Why they didn't just go first name - middle name, I have no idea.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Forehead said:

You know, not for nothing, but a quick bit of research shows the following.

Mullin got a scholarship to wrestle in college.

Mullin has an MMA record of either 3-0 or 5-0 depending on where you look.

Even if they were against cans, I'm going to bet that Mullin (who appears to be in decent shape) would wipe the floor with the teamster guy (who appears to be kind of a tub).

O'Brien is a 4th generation teamster from Boston...it wouldn't surprise me if he had brass knuckles and a gun on him during the hearing lol...

• Haha 3