Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gun Related News/Control

Cooked Crack

Woman accidentally shoots friend in chest during a joke, police say

Memphis Police Department has arrested and charged a woman they say shot her friend while she was joking about fighting her.

On December 14, police responded to a shooting call at a residence on Raines Road.

When police arrived, they discovered that a female victim had been shot in the chest.

A witness and friend of the victim informed the police that Tiosha Rogers, the suspect, fired one shot and struck the victim.

Police say the witness, Rogers, and the victim were joking about fighting each other.

According to MPD, Rogers playfully grabbed a gun and pointed it at the victim not knowing that the gun was loaded.

Rogers informed the police that she was not arguing or actually fighting with the victim.

She was taken into police custody and is now facing charges for aggravated assault and reckless endangerment.

Click on the link for the link for the full article

Steve Bannon calls for arming kids with guns to stop school bullying

Conservative podcast host Steve Bannon said that children should be taught to handle guns in school so they are not "picked on" by bullies.

During a program at Turning Point USA's America Fest on Tuesday, Bannon lamented that gun classes were not taught to young students in most schools.

"We should get kids off social media and start teaching them the proper use of guns, how to defend themselves, their own self-defense," the firebrand conservative said.

Click on the link for the full story

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Diaper Loaded With 9mm Bullets Discovered in Traveler’s Carry-on at LaGuardia: TSA

Talk about a fully loaded diaper.

An Arkansas man going through New York's LaGuardia Airport on Wednesday attempted to sneak nearly 20 bullets through security, all wrapped in a diaper, according to the Transportation Security Administration.

Screenshot-2023-12-20-at-8.40.23_PM-phot

In total, TSA found 17 9mm bullets "artfully" concealed inside an otherwise "clean disposable diaper," packed in the passenger's carry-on bag, Lisa Farbstein, spokesperson for the TSA said via Twitter.

Click on the link for the full article

1 hour ago, China said:

Diaper Loaded With 9mm Bullets Discovered in Traveler’s Carry-on at LaGuardia: TSA

Talk about a fully loaded diaper.

An Arkansas man going through New York's LaGuardia Airport on Wednesday attempted to sneak nearly 20 bullets through security, all wrapped in a diaper, according to the Transportation Security Administration.

Screenshot-2023-12-20-at-8.40.23_PM-phot

In total, TSA found 17 9mm bullets "artfully" concealed inside an otherwise "clean disposable diaper," packed in the passenger's carry-on bag, Lisa Farbstein, spokesperson for the TSA said via Twitter.

I wonder if someone else on the flight had a ghost gun that those bullets would work with.  I'm assuming he didn't because I'd assume they searched the hell out of that dude.  But if 1 or 2 or 3 people had the parts for a ghost gun concealed in carry on, that could have been a bad situation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

I wonder if someone else on the flight had a ghost gun that those bullets would work with.  I'm assuming he didn't because I'd assume they searched the hell out of that dude.  But if 1 or 2 or 3 people had the parts for a ghost gun concealed in carry on, that could have been a bad situation.

Wouldn’t even have to be the same flight. 

25 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Then why not check them in his luggage?  You're allowed to do that.

I’m saying the person with the ghost gun wouldn’t have to be on the same flight as the guy trying to pass bullets through security. Just would have to go through security at a similar time for them to work together.

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I’m saying the person with the ghost gun wouldn’t have to be on the same flight as the guy trying to pass bullets through security. Just would have to go through security at a similar time for them to work together.

Ah gotcha.  I was thinking more along the lines of them doing something on a flight rather than in an airport.

15 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Ah gotcha.  I was thinking more along the lines of them doing something on a flight rather than in an airport.

Yeah, it could still be on a flight. But the other participants wouldn’t be on the flight.

You would think that TSA would have looked at him hard. Then looked at the other passengers. Maybe even re-screen them. But, if it was organized the other way, it’d be much more difficult to track.

Edited by Ball Security
  • Like 1

Yeah, I think I'm jumping to the same conclusion as several others, here. 

Not much point in only trying to sneak bullets through security. 

Unless it was a trial run. Try it with just bullets, and if you get caught, just play dumb. And then a week or a month later, try a different "part of a weapon that can't be used by itself". 

‘I may have lost my gun,’ teacher’s assistant told principal before arrest

It was before 8 a.m. on Thursday, and students were already eating breakfast at KIPP Harmony Academy when a teacher’s assistant, Tracie Minor, walked into school and dropped her bag with her handgun in it just outside of the bathroom.

A few minutes later, the school custodian was walking out of the bathroom and found the bag lying in the second-floor school hallway. The custodian searched for a way to identify whose bag it was. Inside was a gun, which she took to the main office.

In the meantime, Minor, 35, had discovered her bag was missing and called or texted the principal of the West Baltimore charter school. “I may have lost my licensed gun and dropped it on my way into the school campus,” she told Harris. Yes, Harris said, she had the gun, and she asked Minor to meet her in the main office.

Those were the details in charging documents.

Once inside, the 14-year-old boy allegedly pulled out a semiautomatic handgun, pointed it at his brother and told him he was going to shoot him in the head, Gualtieri said. The older teen said he didn't want to fight and told his brother to get out of the house. One of their uncles separated the teens and got the 14-year-old boy outside, where Baldwin was with her baby.  

"'You all need to leave that stuff alone,'" Baldwin said to her brother, according to Gualtieri. "'Why you trying to start it? It's Christmas.'" 

The 14-year-old boy called his sister several derogatory words and told her he was going to shoot her and her baby. He allegedly shot her in the chest around 1:45 p.m. local time. 

The baby, who was in a carrier, was not injured, Gualtieri said.  

The 15-year-old brother came outside with his own semiautomatic handgun and allegedly shot the younger teen in the stomach, police said. He then ran, throwing the gun into a nearby yard. The teen was taken into custody at a relative's house.

• Sad 3

State Lawmaker Proposes Exemption To State Sales Tax For Certain Ammo

A Republican lawmaker from Greenville wants certain ammunition to be exempt from state sales tax.

Representative Ashley Trantham is proposing a measure to amend the South Carolina Code of Laws to create a sales tax exemption for small arms ammunition. This would mean there will be no 6-percent South Carolina state sales tax for ammo used in rifles, shotguns, pistols, and revolvers with certain size barrels.

I, of course, would lean in the opposite direction and propose that a higher tax be imposed on those items.

• Like 1

‘Extraordinarily Sorry’: Seven Senators Tell The Washington Post they Regret Blocking Gun Reform After Sandy Hook

The Washington Post on Wednesday published a devastating profile of seven U.S. Senators reflecting on their votes following the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in 2012. The Post spoke to the senators – six Democrats and one independent – all of whom voted against gun reform measures after the deadly shooting, but have now had a change of heart.

The article by Peter Wallsten and Paul Kane begins with a lobbyist recalling then Sen. Heidi Heitkamp (D-ND) meeting with Sandy Hook parents in her new office, just weeks after taking office.

“She would not look at me,” recalled Francine Wheeler, whose six-year-old child was among the 26 people shot to death at Sandy Hook – including 20 young children.

Heitkamp was “defensive, unkind, and not interested in helping or listening to the stories of our loved ones,” added Wheeler of the meeting, in which she petitioned the North Dakota senator to vote for expanding the federal background check system. A lobbyist in the meeting with Wheeler and Heitkamp recalled “sitting at the table with her head down” after the meeting and another political consultant told the Post she heard the senator “break out into sobs” as they left the room.

Heitkamp told the Post she regretted not working to help the families achieve their goals.

“Not that I agree with the exact language of these bills, but it was my obligation looking backwards to provide leadership, even though I was there a hot minute, to make those bills better and I didn’t do that.

The Post also spoke with current Sens. Michael Bennet (D-CO), Martin Heinrich (D-NM), Angus King (I-MN), and Mark Warner (D-VA) about their changed views on gun control. Ex-senators Mark Begich (D-AK) and Mark Udall (D-CO) also expressed their regrets over their votes following Sandy Hook.

Udall told the Post that if he were “in a time machine and going back” he would tell himself “This is going to get worse and worse. More and more people are going to be deeply affected by this.” Udall voted against a new assault weapons ban the spring after the shooting and told the Post if he could do it all over again he would “take the political heat” and vote to pass the ban. Ex-Sen. Begich added that looking back he wishes he “would have pushed the envelope” in 2013 and supported the reform measures, saying he didn’t do more because of “backroom politics” at the time.

Sen. Heinrich said he was convinced to support to gun reform by his son, who joined protests after the Parkland, Florida massacre. “When your kid tells you you’re wrong with that much conviction, you need to stop and think about it,” he concluded, adding that after voting against bills to ban assault weapons in 2013, he too would take that vote today.

Sen. Warner also cited his children, his three daughters, for his political evolution on the issue, which led to an October 2018 op-ed in which he embraced renewing the assault weapons ban – a major reversal. Sens. Bennett and King are now co-sponsoring a bill to regulate the sales of guns based on their lethality. The bill is co-sponsored by Heinrich and Sen. Mark Kelly (D-AZ), whose wife ex-Rep. Gabby Giffords was shot in the head in 2011 while at an event meeting constituents in Tucson, Arizona. King told the Post that the October mass shooting in Maine that killed 18 people “solidified my view that this is something we have to do.”

• Thumb down 1

When answering a question about mental health and gun violence, DeSantis suggested that he, as governor of a stand your ground state, wants strangers to go knock on the doors of random veterans with PTSD to see how they're doing.

• Haha 3

NRA civil corruption trial underway in Manhattan

The future of the country’s most prominent gun rights group hangs in the balance as a civil trial begins in Lower Manhattan this week against the National Rifle Association.

Attorney General Letitia James’s long-awaited civil corruption trial against the National Rifle Association began Monday afternoon in a Manhattan courtroom. The proceedings are expected to last six weeks.

The case stems from a lawsuit James filed against the hulking gun rights nonprofit in 2020, accusing the organization of misappropriating millions of dollars to pay its leaders’ personal expenses — including private jets, expensive meals, and family trips to the Bahamas.

The trial against the NRA comes at the start of what’s likely to be a fiercely polarized election year, with arguments over access to guns playing a central role in the American political divide. The trial will also shape the legacy of the attorney general, who has made a mission of taking on the firearms industry in her quest to curb gun violence.

• 2 weeks later...