Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gun Related News/Control

Cooked Crack

Man with rifle near Broadwater Elementary isn't breaking law, Billings Police say

For several months now, parents of children attending Broadwater Elementary School in Billings have been registering their alarm about a man across the street carrying a gun.

The man is seen frequently pacing his front lawn holding a rifle.

Billings police said they have received multiple calls a day about the armed man, but there isn’t much they can do about it.

The man isn’t breaking the law.

On Tuesday, as students arrived for the first day of the new school year, they found their playground fence draped with a tarp meant to obscure their view of the armed man. And, school officials have moved outdoor activities to the back of the building and restricted parts of the playground.

Also as a precaution, Billings police have stepped up patrols around the school, and said they have spoken to the man.

“We have made contact with him on multiple occasions, and currently he is refusing to stop displaying his firearms while on his property,” said police Lt. Matt Lennick. “At this time, he has not done anything illegal and we do not have the authority to arrest him, take his firearms, or force him to stop coming out into his yard.”

Click on the link for the full article

Accidentally?  These children need to be better trained so that they can be firing their weapons purposefully while on a school bus.

Seguin ISD elementary student 'accidentally discharges' gun on school bus

An investigation is underway Tuesday morning, August 22, as a San Antonio-area elementary school student "accidentally discharged" a gun while heading to school. No one was hurt during the shooting.

On Tuesday morning, a Seguin ISD elementary student fired a handgun while riding a school bus that was pulling into the Jefferson Elementary School parking lot, according to a Seguin ISD Facebook post. After the discharge, the bus driver got the firearm from the student and called local law enforcement. 

Arkansas men arrested for shooting each other while wearing bulletproof vest

Two Arkansas men face charges after allegedly shooting each other during a night of drinking while each man tried on a bulletproof vest, according to the Benton County Sheriff’s Office.

Charles Eugene Ferris, 50, and Christopher Hicks, 36, were both arrested Sunday on charges of felony aggravated assault.

A Benton County sheriff’s deputy took the initial report from Ferris at the hospital, where authorities say Ferris invented a story to cover for Hicks.

Ferris said he was hired to protect an “asset,” who paid him $200 to follow him into the woods at Hobbs State Park, according to a probable cause affidavit.

Ferris said the pair went out into the woods and met another man around 10 p.m. The man approached Ferris’ “asset” when a gunfight broke out. Ferris said he was struck six times, but also managed to return fire before driving off with the “asset,” according to the affidavit.

Ferris said the “asset” dropped him off at his vehicle before he dumped his weapons and drove himself to Mercy Hospital.

However, Ferris’ wife arrived at the hospital a short time later, telling investigators that her husband and Hicks shot each other while drinking on the back porch of their home on Deer Run Lane in Rogers.

• Haha 1

the shooting at Guaranteed Rate Field during a #WhiteSox game was indeed an accidental discharge by one of the women “grazed” by the bullet. She reportedly snuck the gun in past metal detectors hiding it in the folds of her belly fat.

This is one of the most American things I've ever read. 

granger-smith-earl-dibbles.gif

• Like 1

UNC Student Paper Goes Viral For Stunning Cover After Campus Shooting

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but the student journalists at the The Daily Tar Heel, the paper for the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, took a different tack to visually portray the panic incited by an on-campus shooting earlier this week.

On Monday, authorities say graduate student Tailei Qi, 34, entered the school’s Caudill Laboratories and fatally shot associate professor Zijie Yan, who worked in the school’s department of applied physical sciences.

Qi was taken into custody and was held on charges of first-degree murder and carrying a gun on educational property, police records show.

Caitlyn Yaede, the managing editor of the paper’s print edition, offered a preview on X of Wednesday’s front page, which covered the shooting.

Instead of photos showing the shooter, police or UNC students reacting to the incident, the front page was dedicated to text messages sent by students after an alert warning them of an active shooting was sent out Monday afternoon.

• Sad 3
  • Thumb up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bullets fly during I-4 road rage incident in Tampa: FHP

A driver was grazed by a bullet Wednesday during a road rage incident on I-4 in Tampa.

According to the Florida Highway Patrol, a white Toyota Camry was heading north on I-275 at around 3 p.m. when it was inadvertently cut off by a blue Chevrolet Traverse merging onto the interstate near Howard Ave.

The drivers continued onto the eastbound lanes of I-4 and reportedly pulled guns on each other. Both of them fired their weapons, but only the Traverse was struck by a bullet.

It grazed the driver, resulting in minor injuries. The driver was not taken to the hospital.

FHP said both drivers are complying with their investigation and neither has been arrested as of this report. 

Amazing to me that you can drive around shooting at other drivers, hit them and not get arrested.

12 hours ago, China said:

Bullets fly during I-4 road rage incident in Tampa: FHP

A driver was grazed by a bullet Wednesday during a road rage incident on I-4 in Tampa.

According to the Florida Highway Patrol, a white Toyota Camry was heading north on I-275 at around 3 p.m. when it was inadvertently cut off by a blue Chevrolet Traverse merging onto the interstate near Howard Ave.

The drivers continued onto the eastbound lanes of I-4 and reportedly pulled guns on each other. Both of them fired their weapons, but only the Traverse was struck by a bullet.

It grazed the driver, resulting in minor injuries. The driver was not taken to the hospital.

FHP said both drivers are complying with their investigation and neither has been arrested as of this report. 

Amazing to me that you can drive around shooting at other drivers, hit them and not get arrested.

Welcome to America! Where “True” Patriots wield their God given guns while driving! Have to keep the riff-raff at bay!

14 hours ago, China said:

I imagine they’re evaluating self defense claims because one of them may have correctly been defending themselves. 

they’re asking for witness to contact them

25 minutes ago, tshile said:

I imagine they’re evaluating self defense claims because one of them may have correctly been defending themselves. 

they’re asking for witness to contact them

Irrelevant.  They should have been immediately arrested for reckless endangerment.  Someone had to shoot first, and nobody should have felt the need to draw their weapon, unless drawn upon.  If they don't know who pulled first, then arrest them both.

They are clearly a danger to the public and are allowed to roam free with their guns.

Edited by China
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, China said:

Irrelevant.  They should have been immediately arrested for wreckless endangerment.  Someone had to shoot first, and nobody should have felt the need to draw their weapon, unless drawn upon.  If they don't know who pulled first, then arrest them both.

They are clearly a danger to the public and are allowed to roam free with their guns.

well. Clearly that’s incorrect. 

Florida has pretty lax laws with the stand your ground stuff.  It’s probably reasonable to believe they aren’t going to go after each other and aren’t a threat. And it doesn’t matter who shot or drew first - you’re allowed to draw and shoot to defend yourself in Florida. And no, there is no requirement someone draw and/or fire first. So it’s probably not exactly clear who instigated it.  

it’s possible they will arrest both of them. I’m sure they both have a version of events that paints the other as the aggressor. Without witnesses it’s probably difficult to figure out. 

Edited by tshile

On 8/30/2023 at 8:01 PM, dfitzo53 said:

The article is heartbreaking, the headline doesn't even begin to cover things. 

Yeah, this isn’t a gun control story as much as a story of unqualified parents who are unable to parent and a court system that put the girl in the custody of a killer.

There was no gun safety lessons/accident. This was a murder.

• Sad 2