Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders vs. The Giants ~ DJ Meets Moxie Maker: Part Deux - Paloffs Is NOW!!!

zCommander

3 hours ago, Dan T. said:

I have 4 predictions as well. If the Commanders run the ball effectively, and can control Daniel Jones, they win 74-3.  If the Commanders do not run the ball effectively, but still control Jones, they win 74-3.  If the Commanders run the ball effectively, but do not control Jones, they win 74-3.  If they do not run the ball effectively and do not control Daniel Jones, they win 74-3.

This never gets old, brother.🤣

So effing weird to have this thread here.  I would've put money down that season was over at Halloween. I was at peace with it, and I was worried that we might accidentally beat the Titans and relieved when we didn't, because to me, you either win the Super Bowl or you have a worse draft pick.

Now I'm back in 2005 (though the math was in 2007) with four in a row or we don't go! It's exciting because Snyder is going to sell and we can actually be on the right track.

The draft pick is what it is, it's just exciting in the moment because we might actually do something.  It feels like PALOFFS IS NOW rather than squeaking in as a one-year wonder. I don't know if we'll win a playoff game or make the playoffs or even win this game, it's just much more exciting.

So I hope the Giants lose and I will be pissed unless we win but I'll assume it's a loss until the clock reads 00:00 so block me in the GDT.

Well supposedly home field is worth three points and we played them square.  Means we should be favored by 6 at our place.  I've seen lines favoring us by 5.5.

Eventually, we have to live up to expectations and take what's in front of us.  I say start this week.

Washington 27

Giants 23

Edited by Forehead
Still using Skins by accident

7 hours ago, HoggLife said:

I'm predicting we win 31-13. Then my wife gave me my Christmas present early. Tickets to Christmas eve game against the 49ers. I haven't missed a game in SF in over 24 years. I'm pumped!!!

Better drink plenty. San Fran will pound Taylor into the ground. Our defense may pound Brock into the ground . San Fran will still win.

10 hours ago, FLSkinz83 said:

4 games left....it's all hands on deck....Here's hoping Rivers stops being cautious.....Samuel or Dotson need to be returning punts.   Chase needs to be out there.....Don't hold back.

27-16 Skins. 

I don't think Phillip's desire to be cautious plays any role in this game...😐

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, zCommander said:

giphy.gif

Better scoop up slye on my fantasy team! 

11 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Better drink plenty. San Fran will pound Taylor into the ground. Our defense may pound Brock into the ground . San Fran will still win.

They beat Philly. Anything can happen. I like Washington's D vs. Brick Poody 

Edited by duffy
  • Like 1

On 12/12/2022 at 1:48 AM, Califan007 The Constipated said:

"Paloffs is now", not "playoffs are now" lol...

Serious question:

I have seen the term "paloffs" substituted for playoffs before. I always assumed it was an innocent typing error but now I'm thinking it's either an inside joke or a superstition.

Is that the case and if so is there an interesting story behind it?

TIA

This game brings back bad memories of the 2016 season finally and getting knocked out by the Giants.  Not exactly the same as we won't be knocked out and its not  a "win and you're in" situation but it feels like it.

Im worried about our O-line holding up.  TH sailing some up for grab balls.  Danny freaking Jones getting 100 on the ground.  Im going to be sick if we lose this.

I think the Skins take it but won't be easy and Ill be making deals with God throughout the 4th quarter.  Again.  

Skins 24

Giants 23

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

This game brings back bad memories of the 2016 season finally and getting knocked out by the Giants.  Not exactly the same as we won't be knocked out and its not  a "win and you're in" situation but it feels like it.

Im worried about our O-line holding up.  TH sailing some up for grab balls.  Danny freaking Jones getting 100 on the ground.  Im going to be sick if we lose this.

I think the Skins take it but won't be easy and Ill be making deals with God throughout the 4th quarter.  Again.  

Skins 24

Giants 23

"...I'll be making deals with God throughout the 4th quarter..."

And I'll have the voodoo lady across the street sacrifice a couple of roosters to the dark ones. Between the two of us we should have the supernatural covered for the night.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Serious question:

I have seen the term "paloffs" substituted for playoffs before. I always assumed it was an innocent typing error but now I'm thinking it's either an inside joke or a superstition.

TIA

I’m not entirely sure, but I THINK it was just an innocent typing error made by someone in 05(forgot who it was that started the thread) and it just sorta stuck as a joke 

• Thanks 1

^ Yup started off as a typo I believe and it stuck.  We rarely make the playoffs but we are always in paloff contention. ;)

Speaking of old oddities around here I would feel a lot better knowing that Pittman4two was picking us to wn the game of football in this weeks contest between the men of G and Tony Banks' former team.

Here is the legend for those of you who don't know him or how his appearance is viewed.

image.jpeg.ed5a38c60139ca9ed9acf7655148ad72.jpeg

Edited by Idaho fan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I’m not entirely sure, but I THINK it was just an innocent typing error made by someone in 05(forgot who it was that started the thread) and it just sorta stuck as a joke 

Can't find the thread because search seems to be useless but it was a thread where some dude (DEman something or other) claimed when the team was 5-6 or so that Paloffs is NOW!!! and we had to win out to get in. Then the team won all the remaining games.

I think that poster never even posted here again after that. Not sure why. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Can't find the thread because search seems to be useless but it was a thread where some dude (DEman something or other) claimed when the team was 5-6 or so that Paloffs is NOW!!! and we had to win out to get in. Then the team won all the remaining games.

I think that poster never even posted here again after that. Not sure why. 

Wow!

Oh man would love to read that thread!!!

If anyone knows how to find it please post a link here for the old timer.

29 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Serious question:

TIA

This is where is came from, I believe. Jim sounds like he is saying paloffs? lol

Edited by zCommander
  • Thanks 1