Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at New Jersey ~ Moxie Blinders Edition

TK
Message added by TK,

973072700_ScreenShot2022-12-04at4_31_42PM.thumb.png.19a6e3e0e6511360c4c85258c2975af0.png

Well, a tie is better than a loss, so thats that.

BUT, who in the hec is # 34 Holmes??  That guy almost single-handedly cost the game. It seemed like every big play, every Giant score, he was either getting turned around or beaten or just out-played.

Outside of the Vikings and Eagles, every team has been a meh team, nothing dangerous nor high powered offense, so beating those teams were more or less meh wins.

This winning streak wasn't from Scott's genius game planning, it was from mostly brute strength; so when they play a team with a winning record, once again Scott looks like he took the week off. Why hasn't TH been taking off more? Was he told to stay in the pocket and make plays from there? Thats not his MO, but yet he's been doing that, and i'm inclined to believe that decision came from coaching, trying to protect him from getting hurt and foiling the prospect of post-season.

Once again, SOS.

Dallas just blew the doors off an Indy team that we barely beat (even with a worse QB playing and a coach on his way out the door when we played them).

That’s not encouraging. Imagine having the sort of defensive performance they just did (yes even against a bad team) or scoring 7 offensive TDs (yes even against a bad team).

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Well their QB was almost perfect passing the ball up until those 3 passes. So the defense must have stepped up.

I think they'd only taken like one of those style shots up to that point, though

37 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

Well, a tie is better than a loss, so thats that.

BUT, who in the hec is # 34 Holmes??  That guy almost single-handedly cost the game. It seemed like every big play, every Giant score, he was either getting turned around or beaten or just out-played.

Outside of the Vikings and Eagles, every team has been a meh team, nothing dangerous nor high powered offense, so beating those teams were more or less meh wins.

This winning streak wasn't from Scott's genius game planning, it was from mostly brute strength; so when they play a team with a winning record, once again Scott looks like he took the week off. Why hasn't TH been taking off more? Was he told to stay in the pocket and make plays from there? Thats not his MO, but yet he's been doing that, and i'm inclined to believe that decision came from coaching, trying to protect him from getting hurt and foiling the prospect of post-season.

Once again, SOS.

Christian Holmes, 7th round rookie QB who is only playing cause St. Juste is hurt

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Conn said:

Dallas just blew the doors off an Indy team that we barely beat (even with a worse QB playing and a coach on his way out the door when we played them).

That’s not encouraging. Imagine having the sort of defensive performance they just did (yes even against a bad team) or scoring 7 offensive TDs (yes even against a bad team).

I mean the Cowboys are a legitimate contender. Nobody should be comparing them to us. 

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

I mean the Cowboys are a legitimate contender. Nobody should be comparing them to us. 

Obviously, and that’s my entire point. That’s not a good feeling. Just an observation about what an actual contender looks like even if we limp into the playoffs to salvage this season. 

5 hours ago, Conn said:

Obviously, and that’s my entire point. That’s not a good feeling. Just an observation about what an actual contender looks like even if we limp into the playoffs to salvage this season. 

I've been saying for the last few weeks that Dallas is starting to scare me.  I know they're famous for choking down the stretch and in the playoffs but that defense is stout and it feels different with that team this year. 

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Honestly this is a good result for us. Down 7 in the 4th. Two 3rd stringers on the OL. Salvaging a tie is basically a win.

This is kind of how I see it as well.  When you include the end of OT the Commanders had many more chances to lose this game than win it. So a tie is kind of a relief.  

6 hours ago, Conn said:

My darkest fear for the season has been needing to win against Dallas in week 18 and getting spanked like that.  Would just be the worst way to go out.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

My darkest fear for the season has been needing to win against Dallas in week 18 and getting spanked like that.  Would just be the worst way to go out.  

Unless we have our D at full strength and playing their roles we will get spanked like that.  They were crushing the Colts last night. ****.....I would give Chase and Payne for Micah Parsons right now. 

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

They won’t have anything to play for except Jerry wanting to spank Dan in week 18

Our hope is that they rest their key guys at least in the 2nd half because they won’t have a bye vs the Bucs who already beat them earlier in the season

Just now, tmandoug1 said:

Unless we have our D at full strength and playing their roles we will get spanked like that.  They were crushing the Colts last night. ****.....I would give Chase and Payne for Micah Parsons right now. 

I feel like a Cowboys team led by a guy like Mike McCarthy is always capable of pooping the bed at some point.  

But yeah, we absolutely need every horse in our stable to play a respectable game with them.  Even then it’s a 40+ run, 20 passes, keep the ball away scenario to have a chance.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

This is kind of how I see it as well.  When you include the end of OT the Commanders had many more chances to lose this game than win it. So a tie is kind of a relief.  

Would have been worse if we tried the 2 pointer and failed. We're usually good with those in the preseason, but not when the regular games are on the line. At least when the Giants lose this weekend we'll be back at the 7th seed and they'll be in the hunt making it a bigger game when we see them again. Sure and of course a win is better, but a loss would have been much worse. The only problem with the tie was for the Giant fans leaving MetLife.