Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things PLAYOFFS 2022 Thread

kleese

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I think the Titans could still be in play for the Wild Card so I doubt they sit everyone.

I don’t expect them to start the game sitting people— but their WC chances to get in at 8-9 are so low it’s not worth worrying about. And if they get to 9 wins, they win division so it doesn’t matter. I am sure they are concerned overly how poorly they’ve played as of late and would like to get some momentum before Jax, but they also know the game doesn’t matter and if things don’t go well early, they may very well choose to live to fight another day. 

• Like 1

Heading into Week 17, only 2 more weeks left.

Overall Record/Conference Record

1. Eagles (13-2/8-2):  Saints, Giants

2. Vikings (12-3/7-3):  @Packers, @Bears

3. 49ers (11-4/9-2): @Raiders,Cards

4. Bucs (7-8/7-3):  Panthers, @Falcons

5. Boys (11-4/8-3):  @Titans,@Commies

6. Giants (8-6-1/4-6-1):   Colts, @Eagles

7. Commies  (7-7-1/4-6-1):   Browns, Boys

8. Seahawks (7-8/5-6):  Jets, Rams

9. Lions (7-8/5-5):  Bears, @Packers

10. Green Bay (7-8/5-5)  Vikings, Lions

11. Panthers (6-9/5-5):  @Bucs, @Saints

12. Saints (6-9/4-6):  @Eagles, Panthers

Saints are technically still alive but in reality the nfc South will be decided by the Bucs-Panthers game this weekend.

We know what we have to do, whether we can it; that remains to be seen. 

• Like 1

I think  between Green Bay, Detroit, and the Seahawks at least one of them will find a way to win their next two games and possibly two of them will do it.

I know mathematically we could lose one game and still make the dance, but I firmly believe that we either win out or we'll be left on the sidelines spending the off season wishing we had won one more game earlier in the year.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I think  between Green Bay, Detroit, and the Seahawks at least one of them will find a way to win their next two games and possibly two of them will do it.

I know mathematically we could lose one game and still make the dance, but I firmly believe that we either win out or we'll be left on the sidelines spending the off season wishing we had won one more game earlier in the year.

Considering that Green Bay and Detroit play each other, I highly doubt two of the three teams go 2-0, especially with the Seahawks battling injuries:

4 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Considering that Green Bay and Detroit play each other, I highly doubt two of the three teams go 2-0, especially with the Seahawks battling injuries:

I never said it was likely that two of the three will win out; but that's really not relevant to our playoff prospects.

As far as we're concerned, all that matters is if ONE of the three teams wins their next two games. As you know, this would force us to run the table.

I hope that all three lose one game and we get in with just one more win. However, I believe that is far less likely than having at least one of them win out.

We shall have to wait see how it plays out.

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If my math is right the Cowboys winning tonight is fine as long as the Eagles win on Sunday?

Yes. And again, Eagles should be very motivated to win due to the pick NO owes them. After 2020, we know the Eagles FO influences in game decisions.

• Like 2

I’m “rooting” for Dallas tonight because the ideal scenario IMO would be for Dallas to win tonight (preferably easily) and then for Philly to clinch Sunday vs NOLA. That ensures Dallas has nothing on the line in our game, but would also mean they enter our game having won two in a row and feeling good about themselves and their momentum heading into playoffs. Would very much be a “get it over with” situation for them in week 18. If they were to lose to Titans maybe they’d feel a tad more obligated to good in some good reps before playoffs. 

Rooting for Dallas to win would of course backfire if Philly were to then to lose to Saints, but I don’t see that happening. Maybe NOLA keeps it tight, but I think Philly gets it done. 

My take on the other games affecting us this week: 

Bears at Lions: I’m not 100% handing this one to Detroit. I think they will win and it’s not a game I’ll be gambling on either as I think the 6 point spread is about right and is a coin flip. I ultimately think the Lions win on the strength of their offense putting up plenty of points. I do think Fields could give them major issues though and the Bears are clearly a team still giving it their all. 

Jets at Seahawks: I’d say I like the upset here, but the Jets are slight favorites. Jets D is really, really good. With White back their offense should be competent. I do wonder if maybe the Seahawks are just due— they’ve been in a bad way lately. They’ve lost three in a row at home as well which is odd for them. I like the Jets, but expect a close game and maybe Geno makes enough plays. 

Vikings at Packers: I like the reverse betting angle here quite a bit. Everyone is waiting for Minny to implode and they are a team the public keeps fading/expecting to crash. They are on road against a hot Packers team with playoff narratives swirling. Everyone will be on Green Bay. So I sort of like Minnesota to cover the 3.5 and I won’t be surprised at all if they win outright. Green Bay still isn’t all that great. That said, it’s a much more important game for Packers, it’s at home, etc so I will pick them to win on a late FG. 

So my prediction is that Seahawks lose and are eliminated. Lions and Packers both win (but won’t be surprised if either lose). If we win this would then set up a true must win situation in week 18; as there would be no way to get in with a loss— the Detroit/GB winner would go instead. It would also mean we are eliminated with a loss to Browns. 

My semi-realistic hope is— we win, and Seattle and ONE of GB or Detroit lose giving us to paths to make it in week 18 

• Like 1

I just can't see the Seahawks losing at home AGAIN. I mean they kinda stink right now, but sometimes you're just due.

Packers are still bad. They were gifted a win by a concussioned Tua last week. If the Vikings are motivated, which they will be because they absolutely will want to knock out the Packers in Lambeau, they should win. But it'll probably be close. Expect the Pack to get EVERY call imaginable. It'll be like us against the Giants x100.

Lions should kick the Bears booties but who the heck knows. Lions D is absolutely awful against the run and if there is one thing the Bears can do with Rushtin Fields its run the ball.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I just can't see the Seahawks losing at home AGAIN. I mean they kinda stink right now, but sometimes you're just due.

Packers are still bad. They were gifted a win by a concussioned Tua last week. If the Vikings are motivated, which they will be because they absolutely will want to knock out the Packers in Lambeau, they should win. But it'll probably be close. Expect the Pack to get EVERY call imaginable. It'll be like us against the Giants x100.

Lions should kick the Bears booties but who the heck knows. Lions D is absolutely awful against the run and if there is one thing the Bears can do with Rushtin Fields it’s e run the ball.

The “due” factor is about the only thing Seattle has going for them this week. Very banged up, looks like they won’t have the fortune of facing Wilson for the Jets, and NYJ D is legit good. In other words, Jets are the better team here and their playoff lives are on the line as well. I think the Jets nip them if White has a competent game. 

This team is really good at making every game against a bad/mediocre team close and on occasion snatching a defeat from the jaws of victory.  The Browns are seemingly a bad team based on public opinion yet have only one less win this season.  Skins haven't won in over a month.  Oddly we don't seem to be getting much healthier and now there is some illness going through the locker room.  Not a lot of positives to cling to other than maybe playing at home and having a lot to play for.  

Defense should have a better outing but its not like the Browns can't move the ball.  They are the 10th ranked offense for yards/game and 14th for points/game per ESPN.  Our offense is 19th and 24th.  Defense rankings - Browns: 16th for yards given up/game and 21st for points given up/game.  Washington:  4th and 12th.  Seems fairly evenly matched to me.

The Carson vs. TH debate can be had but in reality both stink.  We have to rely on big plays, lucky bounces, a call or two or three going our way and turnovers to get the victory.  I see the Packers, Lions or maybe Seahawks winning out.  I think we will go 1-1.  The Giants game will haunt us like just like in 2016.

40 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Well, the titans are basically throwing away tonight’s game, since Joshua Dobbs is starting, so those that want the cowboys to come to Landover with their heads filled, you might be in luck. Cowboys likely score 40+ tonight 

Yeah, this game is probably going to be background noise.

Was listening to I think Linda Cohn on the radio and she was commenting on who teams would be scared off in the playoffs?

Brady and Rodgers were the 2 she was really commenting on.

Give me a break.   Even if the Bucs made the playoffs and managed to beat Dallas in the wild card round, they aren't going anywhere in the second round.  Brady's beating the Cowboys will probably be more due to the Boys ineptitude.  The Bucs aren't a good team and Brady isn't as good anymore.

Scared of Rodgers?  I could see him beating the Vikings in the wild card round but that would be it. Packers would go nowhere in the second round.  If they face San Fran in the first or second round, San Fran would smack his silly ass.

If we don't make the playoffs, I hope the Lions do. 

• Thumb up 1

Seattle is limping around, I dont see them beating a motivated Jets team.

The 12th man lost a step anyways, Sea Chickens only 3-4 at home this year.

Mike White is kind of like Heinicke with arm strength, that team seems to rally around that guy.  Keep in mind the Jets can run the ball too. 

Jets will roll the chickens, I might even put a little xmas money on that game. 

• Like 1