Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things PLAYOFFS 2022 Thread

kleese

12 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Win two home games and we're in. I'll take it after a 1-4 start.

Seahawks should win out. They play a Jets team that is completely hapless at QB and then end the season against the dog doo doo Rams.

Lions I'm not sure. They should beat the Bears next week but the Bears have been a tough out in recent weeks and Fields mobility should present challenges. Their season finale is in Green Bay and the Packers might still be in it and that's always a tough place to play(especially for the Lions).

Seahawks are 1-5 over their last 6 games, so I’m not feeling they “should” beat anyone over the next two weeks. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumb up 2

Just now, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Seahawks are 1-5 over their last 6 games, so I’m not feeling they “should” beat anyone over the next two weeks. 

True and they've mostly looked terrible. But ya gotta figure they're due for a win(like the Lions were due for a loss)and the Jets just look awful on offense.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

All in all, today was a good day. It shrunk the possibilities. We played a road game against a stellar team and wake up tomorrow in same spot we were to start the day— control of our destiny— now with two games to go. 

I also think Dallas win is good for us. If Eagles beat Saints next week, Dallas will be locked into 5 seed— and now they got a win out of the way so I don’t think they will be worried about playing well or having momentum. I actually hope they beat Titans Thursday as well. 

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Is that actually true? That if the packers lose tomorrow, and the Seahawks and lions lose next week and we win, we have a playoff spot locked up, making week 18 irrelevant? 

Packers have eight losses to our seven. If we win next week with the Seahawks and Lions lose we clinch. We have the tie breaker over the Packers since we beat them.

• Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, HogsVa7 said:

Packers have eight losses to our seven. If we win next week with the Seahawks and Lions lose we clinch. We have the tie breaker over the Packers since we beat them.

Tiebreakers don’t matter since we have a tie…and since it’s still possible for the Packers to go 9-8, we need them to lose at least once.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Tiebreakers don’t matter since we have a tie…and since it’s still possible for the Packers to go 9-8, we need them to lose at least once.

You're right. Packers basically has to win out to get in depending what we do or even the Lions cause they play them the last week. We win the next two we're in. Packers lose tomorrow consider them done. Packers lose tomorrow and we win next week with a Seahawks and Lions loss we're in.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

I love how we're backing in the playoffs following string of awesome performances in must-win games...

If you pay attention to this thread, none of these games have been termed must win. 

Sunday vs Browns will be as close as it gets though. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, kleese said:

If you pay attention to this thread, none of these games have been termed must win. 

Sunday vs Browns will be as close as it gets though. 

When did I mention "this thread" in my comment?

I'm poor... I cannot afford to pay attention.

Edited by petey hodge
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Is it possible to lose out and still get into the playoffs?

Yes it is. For sure Lions and Seahawks have to lose our. Packers have to lose twice. I do also think some NFC South action could come into play as well. 

I promise I won’t actually break that down this week 🤣. 1-1? Yes. Not 0-2

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

As if ya’ll wouldn’t be willing to sacrifice that pick for a run to the Super Bowl.  🤣

No doubt, my question wasn't in regards to not wanting it to happen just wondering if it's possible. 

But yeah it looks like we'd have to make it to at least the nfc championship for it to happen. 

At that point who cares.

• Sad 1